6 day cruise - does it feel short?

lizi116

We have always been on week long cruises (Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun). I am planning a last minute cruise and I am limited to when I can go. The itinerary I like the most is a 6 day cruise (Sunday-Saturday). I know on our week long cruises we don't want it to end. Will 1 day less feel that much shorter? My kids are already saying pick a week long cruise even if the itinerary is not as good!

I did six-day on the Carnival breeze we loved it so much we wish we had extra day that is probably why we like to do eight days now lol you always wish for that one extra day at least it is not a five day Cruise I think any cruise is nice just to get away from work have fun whichever way you go you can't go wrong either way

What about extended your vacation with a post-cruise vacation at your port of call? Not sure where you are sailing out of, but I'm sure you can find something fun to do close by.

My hubby and I are turning our 7-day cruise into a 10-day vacation by spending a few extra days in New Orleans in October. We've been before, but we love the city so we figured we might as well since we have to pay for the flights there anyway. And actually, we are saving money by flying home later in the week rather that on Sunday when our cruise ends. The money we are saving is just going towards the hotel.

Edited by bakersdozen12

Our first cruise (last November) was a 6 day. It seemed like a safe choice for our first time. I mean, what if we didn't like cruising or something? :rolleyes: At the end though, we were saying "Wouldn't it be nice if we could stay just one more day?" Now, I consider 7 days the minimum. :)

We started with 3 and 4 day cruises, did 7, then 9, then 15....etc

2 years ago we did our first B2B, then this year we did a B2B2B2B. It was 28 days plus an extra 4 days in Florida and it seemed short!

I think no matter how long, it's vacation and it goes by too fast.

Just booked a B2B for 2016 for a total of 22 days. Never long enough.

We have always been on week long cruises (Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun). I am planning a last minute cruise and I am limited to when I can go. The itinerary I like the most is a 6 day cruise (Sunday-Saturday). I know on our week long cruises we don't want it to end. Will 1 day less feel that much shorter? My kids are already saying pick a week long cruise even if the itinerary is not as good!

There are two ways of looking at it. It's 7 calendar days, but if you're counting in 24 hour increments, it's actually less then 6 days. Carnival just kind of rounds it off. No matter. It's still a vacation. Make the most of it and have a great time!:)

6 isn't too short, it is just squeezed in a bit more. I've done 7,8, and one 6 when my son was very small and we didn't know how things would go. For our trip it seemed like we missed a sea day, still had 3 ports even though it was 6 days. I guess if you really like days at sea, the trip may seem shorter if you only have 2, one of which is usually the steam home.

My concern would be the ports of call. I'm very turned off by the Key West, Nassau, Freeport routing. If it was a 6 day trip with those 3 ports I would pass.

Our 7 day cruises seem short to us but if the itinerary you have in mind is what you like, I say do that one. Nowadays, we try to do longer voyages but if a great price shows up for a shorter cruise we would do it.

Whichever cruise you pick, have a great time !

I have done 3, 4, 5, and 7 day cruises. The 3 days were nowhere near long enough, 4 days ended too soon, 5 was just about right, but the 7 days dragged just a little (especially the last day). This year we will be doing a 6 day on the Breeze. We are hoping that it will be just about the perfect amount of time for a vacation.

We had a 6 day on the Carnival Breeze, if I recall correctly. Since we had to travel from Arizona to Miami to catch the ship, it still seemed like a long enough journey. The time on the ship didn't feel too short.

I think overall, I tend to look for an itinerary I would prefer and then go from there. Whatever you choose, have a great time!

We've been on 4 day, 6 day, 7 day and 12 day cruises.

The 6 day cruise did feel a little too short for us. It was on the Freedom and it was our honeymoon cruise. However, we did spend a couple days in Florida before the cruise, so that helped.

The 12 day cruise we went on in February this year (Freedom) felt just a bit too long. I think a 10 day would be perfect and DH says he thinks 8 days would be perfect. Lol!

Our next cruise is the standard 7 day. If the itinerary is really awesome on the 6 day, I'd recommend taking that one and if you can swing it, stay a couple days extra in the home port OR book a 3/4 day cruise to fit around the 6 day one! DH and I want to do that someday! Not a true B2B, but sort of!

We just got off of a 4-day cruise on the Ecstasy -- it was one of the the most relaxing cruises we have ever been on (our 25th cruise)... We felt like it was a 7-day cruise, only because it felt like we had a lot of time to relax!!!

I did a 6 day last year on the Breeze and I wished for more because there was so much to do on the ship and not enough time. Having said that, I think it depends on the ship and your itinerary whether it will be enough.

I started out doing 7 day cruises, did a couple of 8 day and during the past couple of years did my first 4 day. This year hubby and I are doing a 3 day for our anniversary.

Like others have mentioned, six days are better than none. Enjoy!!

I've been on two 5 day cruises. I thought I would not like them because they were short but they were fun cruises.

On both I did spend 2 days at the port area before the cruise so that did help extend the vacation days. Once the cruise was over I was ready to go home.

You should go fine on a 6 day cruise, especially if it stops in Key West. There is a lot to do at that port.:cool: