Taxis in Auckland and Sydney

SF

We have an upcoming cruise that will be leaving from Auckland and we were wondering if the taxis at the airport accept credit cards? If so, does the credit card need to have a chip?

Also need to know if the taxis at the cruise port in Sydney accept credit cards? Is there a company in Sydney that we can pre-book a pick up to the airport? Since we have an early flight and won't have time to wait in long lines maybe this would be a better idea. Any suggestions from those who docked in Sydney and disembarked at that port would be helpful.

Just off the Solstice and used taxis from both airports. The taxis in Sydney and Auckland both take credit cards. I think you will may a chip but a signature card is fine. Not sure about a swipe. We also used uber in both cities.

Thank you for your reply to my questions. Did you disembark in Sydney and if so what were the lines like for a taxi? We have an early flight and are wondering whether to get a taxi or pre-book a ride to the airport. Also, what time did disembarkation start for people doing self carry-off luggage?

It was about $50 US when I looked at my credit card statement. Can't remember the AUD amount. We used uber around town. Worked out very well. I would imagine you could get one at the airport but we didn't have phone access when we arrived.