Celebrity Silhouette May 30 (Med/Adriatic)

nps001

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi We have just booked this in last week. Never been to most of the places apart from Venice. Really good itinery. Nice ship. Looking forward to Boules on the lawn :)

David and David

Celebrity Equinox April 11 (booked)

Cunard Queen Mary 2 Jan 12

Celebrity Silhouette Sep 11

Celebrity Equinox Aug 11

Cunard Queen Elizabeth March 11

Celebrity Summit Jan 11x2

Celebrity Eclipse Sep 10

RC Adventure of the Seas June 10

Celebrity Equinox Sep 09

PO Ventura May 09

Ocean Village 2 Jan 09

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't checked this board thread for quite some time. Welcome to everyone. We were on Silhouette last year and loved the ship. We look forward to meeting you on board.

Hi guys,

My partner Bill and I booked in August but have not checked this site since our last cruise in January. We love the ports because we have not been to several of them before, which is unusual.

We would love to meet everyone the first night in the Martini bar which is usually where we have cocktails before dinner. In January they posted the Friends of Dorothy as meeting in the Martini bar, so it seems like a perfect fit.

Is anyone staying in Venice in advance of the cruise?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Christopher and Bill

Hello everyone! I've been doing some research on the ports and wanted to say hello to everyone.

My partner and I booked onto this sailing last week, we are both fans of the Solstice class of ship and can't wait to experience "Modern Luxury" for a second time.

Only 29 days to go!

David

Just to say I have just realised why you did not see a roll call here, I was on the general roll call page lol!!! Well, this roll call is toooo quiet, the other one is really busy so get on there!!

I am just soooo excited about this cruise. I have just booked a wine experience. And a facial/massage for sea day, (I have had a glass of wine and the credit card is out and on fire!!) looking forward to meeting you all soon, I am the loopy English lady with two kids in tow.....:D

Okay now we are starting to get some life into this post! What is zumbaing?

We are starting to get excited! Tomorrow to are out to buy some fun new clothes for the trip! Any reason to buy more clothes is worth it!

We are spending a couple of nights in Venice before sailing.

Hope to see everyone the first night at sea in the Martinia bar downing a couple of drinks before dinner! Is any one else on the unstructured dinning? Going when you want to?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Christopher and Bill

Hi Christopher and Bill,

I think Zumbaing is where you drink a lot of martinis and then do the Zumba Dance, I could be wrong however? (lol)

We are arriving in Venice the day of, we've been before and since we overnight in Venice we figured just use the ship as a hotel. If you have not seen Venice it's a beautiful city, you are in for a treat.

We have the anytime dining, just works out easier although traditional dining can be fun too with the right dining mates.

The Martini bar is beautiful with lots of areas to meet up for a pre dinner cocktail.

Here's to a cruise to remember!

David and Terry

Hi David and Terry,

Thanks for the Zumba info! I love martini's, but I don't think Bill will let me dance after I have had a couple.

We have been to Venice several times before, but wanted to take a few days to visit some of our favorite places again and to get use to the time change. We are staying at a resort on an island off of Venice that use to be a 15th century monastary.

We are doing the anytime dining as well, since we like the idea of choosing who we are dining with. This is our 20th cruise and have had great tables until the last cruise in January where the people did not like anyone or anything.

Less than two weeks to go! Looking forward to meeting everyone over martinis!

Christopher and Bill

Hi David and Terry,

Thanks for the Zumba info! I love martini's, but I don't think Bill will let me dance after I have had a couple.

We have been to Venice several times before, but wanted to take a few days to visit some of our favorite places again and to get use to the time change. We are staying at a resort on an island off of Venice that use to be a 15th century monastary.

We are doing the anytime dining as well, since we like the idea of choosing who we are dining with. This is our 20th cruise and have had great tables until the last cruise in January where the people did not like anyone or anything.

Less than two weeks to go! Looking forward to meeting everyone over martinis!

Christopher and Bill

Hi Christopher and Bill,

I hear you about bad dining mates, we had that happen once when half our table was gay/gay friendly and the other half was well, lets just say, they weren't. After a brief chat with our Maitre'd he moved us to another table that was much nicer and even comped us a bottle of champagne for our troubles!

This will be Terry and my second Celebrity Solstice class ship, we think they got it right with this class of ships and are looking forward to another adventure.

We've been to Slovenia before, to Lake Bled actually but this time are looking at taking the ships bus to Ljubljana for the day. We've been to both ports in Croatia, Dubrovnik is a must see, Split not so much (In our opinion). Looking forward to Kotor, Montenegro, Corfu and Valletta more firsts for us and returning to Messina will be nice, maybe this time we'll make it up to Taormina. Last time we tried to go up on the train, the train cancelled and we missed it. Turned out taxis are not that expensive if you share the ride but walking around Messina was interesting still. We've been to Naples, seen Capri and Sorrento and Pompei, all must see's. I'd like to do a hike up to Mt. Vesuvius and/or go to Herculaneum.

Just looking forward to spending time with my other half and celebrating his birthday!

Hi David and Terry,

We love the Solistice class ships as well! Things are well laid out and of course the wonderful Martini Bar.

We choose this cruise because we have not been to Slovenia, Montenegro, Malta, or Corfu before. We have done many different excursions in Naples before, so this time we are doing Positano, maybe we will see Marcello there (Under the Tuscan Sun). We have gone down the Amafi Coast before but never in to Positano which is suppose to be very charming.

One week from today we will be in Venice,

Have a wonderful flight and look forward to meeting everyone in the Martini Bar!

Christopher and Bill

Christopher and Bill,

Made it to London last Thursday, spending the weekend in the U.K. before flying to Venice on Wednesday.

I too am a fan of the Martini bar and the surrounding social areas, makes for great places to meet up with friends and enjoy a pre dinner cocktail.

Safe travels to you both crossing the pond.

David & Terry.

Archived