Reimagined Azamara Journey - complete by 1/27 ?

skiptomylou

We are sailing on the Journey right after she comes out of refitting on January 27. I think she goes in around the 14th, and that some work is being done as she is underway on the past few cruises....I am wondering if all will be complete for the January 27th sailing, or if there will still be work to be done? I have read elsewhere that some staterooms (suites) may not be available, but does anyone know if the plan is for the public areas to all be complete and available? I just looked at the Azamara website at the Journey's deck plan and the pull down menu has two options: Jan 27, 2016 to Jan 27, 2016 and Feb 7, 2016 to Dec 21 2018. The first pull down is the current deck plan...very confusing...anyway, any knowledge from Azamara would be appreciated! We sailed on the Journey just last year, and are very excited to see and enjoy the changes.

Found out today from my TA and from Azamara Rep that Gym and Spa will be CLOSED until at least Feb. 1 on the Journey as it comes out of dry dock for the Jan .27 sailing. Awful! And there will be NO compensation for passengers! Not good !

Found out today from my TA and from Azamara Rep that Gym and Spa will be CLOSED until at least Feb. 1 on the Journey as it comes out of dry dock for the Jan .27 sailing. Awful! And there will be NO compensation for passengers! Not good !

Hi Wowpeople,

It's unfortunate that you hadnt visited this forum sooner. This has been known for a while now, and discussed on other threads.

I'm on this sailing too, and can't wait to be onboard Journey. We're counting the days !

Edited by Host Andy

We are sailing on the Journey right after she comes out of refitting on January 27. I think she goes in around the 14th, and that some work is being done as she is underway on the past few cruises....I am wondering if all will be complete for the January 27th sailing, or if there will still be work to be done? I have read elsewhere that some staterooms (suites) may not be available, but does anyone know if the plan is for the public areas to all be complete and available? I just looked at the Azamara website at the Journey's deck plan and the pull down menu has two options: Jan 27, 2016 to Jan 27, 2016 and Feb 7, 2016 to Dec 21 2018. The first pull down is the current deck plan...very confusing...anyway, any knowledge from Azamara would be appreciated! We sailed on the Journey just last year, and are very excited to see and enjoy the changes.

Hi Skiptomylou,

Other than the Spa/Gym, we haven't heard of any other potential closures. While I suppose anything is possible, we're hoping Journey will be ready to go on January 27th.

I'm sure that if additional updates are warranted, Bonnie will keep us posted.

Edited by Host Andy

I have good news! Top management tells me the Journey will be fully operational in all areas on January 27, immediately after her dry-dock renovations. Our call-centers are being advised of this development today as well.

Thank you the good news, does this include the staterooms as well? Reason I ask is that we were moved out of our "preferred" CC suite to another but would prefer to be back in the one we actually booked if it was possible. Will contact our TA as well to see what is happening.

Thank you the good news, does this include the staterooms as well? Reason I ask is that we were moved out of our "preferred" CC suite to another but would prefer to be back in the one we actually booked if it was possible. Will contact our TA as well to see what is happening.

Hi Riocca,

It would be best if you follow up on this through your Travel Professional.

I have good news! Top management tells me the Journey will be fully operational in all areas on January 27, immediately after her dry-dock renovations. Our call-centers are being advised of this development today as well.

Thank you Bonnie. I also heard from Azamara a few moments ago, and was planning to post. I'm *very* pleased that Journey will be ready to go on the 27th. From what I heard, it seems clear that Azamara is doing a wonderful job on planning and execution. Kudos to everyone involved !

We're counting the days until our Journey sailing. 3 weeks to go, and it can't come soon enough :). Please stay tuned for my "Live From Journey" thread, which should begin on or around January 27th.

Edited by Host Andy

It is truly going to be an epic task to get the work planned completed in such a tight timescale, we are excited to be some of the first passengers to see the results of these labours.

Although having been on a few first cruises post refits we know that a little patience may be required.

I think that is the right attitude to have.

Phil

The key is to treat it as an adventure, and not spend time compiling a list of inconveniences to post indignantly on Cruise Critic.

We did a maiden voyage that was a trans-Atlantic with no ports. Our stateroom had television, safe, and phone not working until at least halfway through the crossing. They told us we had to be in our room when they came to fix the safe. Why, we didn't know, as there was nothing in the safe because we couldn't open it in the first place. They told us they'd call us when they were coming to the room to fix the safe to be sure we'd be there. We told them not to bother because our phone didn't work, either. The hotel director loved hearing that story. He was a gem.

We stored our valuables in the safe of a German couple we had met on the bus from London to Southampton, and watched the World Cup on their television, which did work. We'd find the hotel director and trade stories with him every day. We had a great time. A truly memorable crossing.

Hey wowpeople, good news - egh? :rolleyes: Hopefully the announcement that all facilities and venues will be open, brings a smile!