Upgrading drinks package

tartantiara

I have received a free drinks package , when are you able to upgrade it , the first day or a few days in to the cruise ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It must be done within the first couple of days onboard. Be careful not to wait too long - it tends to get withdrawn without notice.

We booked the same deal with free drinks package (not vouchers) and I asked if we could upgrade to the premium package and was told no. As the package was free if you want the premium drinks package you have to pay full price for it.

Oh well, if that's the case we will have to make do with the basic. I assume then if you want a drink that is not covered by your package you have to pay the full amount and not just the difference

We booked the same deal with free drinks package (not vouchers) and I asked if we could upgrade to the premium package and was told no. As the package was free if you want the premium drinks package you have to pay full price for it.

Not true. You'll find at embarkation that the crew will be very eager to upgrade your package. It's the difference in price between the basic and premium $61-$45 = $16pppd on Divina ..... *€44-€26 = €18pppd on ships where currency onboard is Euros (soon to be *€50 for premium) plus 15% service charge.

Not true. You'll find at embarkation that the crew will be very eager to upgrade your package. It's the difference in price between the basic and premium $61-$45 = $16pppd on Divina ..... *€44-€26 = €18pppd on ships where currency onboard is Euros (soon to be *€50 for premium) plus 15% service charge.

Ok thanks, we are not going until next April so the premium will be up by then, we may wait a day or two and see if we need to upgrade.

My TA found an answer today..

if you have Bella or Fantastica package you can get the clasic package for $38 pp/per day or premium pkg. $44/pp/per day both guests in stateroom must take it.

Were on for 12 days... $418...not worth it to me.

My 12 drink vouchers with fantastica is fine with me.

if you have Bella or Fantastica package you can get the clasic package for $38 pp/per day or premium pkg. $44/pp/per day both guests in stateroom must take it.

Do you mean they said you could trade in your 12 vouchers and pay those rates for the packages? I have to say I've never seen prices that low, especially for the premium package. :o