MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

I've noticed this as well. I can find thread for my sailing which I have posted in by going thru my subscribed threads, but I cannot find the Seaside RC's via the "Find Your Roll Call" feature.

Thanks Todd! At least I know I am not going crazy. There were 20-30 Roll calls and now all hidden... Weird!

Today I received a brand new brochure from MSC Cruises USA. Quite nicely done and a little different than previous MSC Cruises brochures I've received. This one is more slick and refined, more in line with what lines like Royal Caribbean and NCL produce. The ships highlighted are MSC DIVINA, MSC SEASIDE, and MSC MERAVIGLIA. I found it interesting that MERAVIGLIA was included even though her cruises from Miami are not highlighted yet. Obviously MSC is smart enough to start building up the hype for her in North America.

Unrelated to the brochure, I've been reading recent reports that MSC's new private Bahamas out island, Ocean Cay *is* slated to receive its first ships later this year. This would be great if true and is contrary to the delays that were announced earlier. The Spring 2017 issue of Cruise Industry News Quarterly, Achille Staiano, head of Commercial Services for MSC states that MSC ships are slated to start calling at Ocean Cay in November 2018. There is another article in Spring 2017 issue of International Cruise & Ferry Review, Gianni Onorato, MSC Cruises chief executive states that the sand for Ocean Cay has been laid to sculpt the island to desired dimensions, and the target for work to be completed is October 2018 and the project is on schedule. He does admit that MSC underestimated the complexity of the project at the start.

Anyway there was something on MSC SEASIDE in this new brochure I haven't seen before, and that is a 2-page cut-away view of the ship. I always enjoy these, with the more detail the better. Perhaps others have seen this before, but it was a first time for me. I've attached it here for those interested.

33672038986_786a91539f_h.jpg

I just realized after reading my post, that Ocean Cay is obviously delayed by a good year. Seems I forgot what year we are in! LOL So late 2018 is the projected completion date.

Explains why there is no mention at all of Ocean Cay in the latest brochure I just received.

Hi Ernie, Thanks for posting, I notice that they have still not updated the picture listed as A in the two circle photos!

How long have they had to change that picture to show the now elongated balconies ?

Not sure why there are also the two bicycles in that picture either.

I see the actual ship picture is also an old one as well, notice it does not show the Zip lines or the change to the Elevator tower at the back, it does give a better idea of how far the YC Deck 19 will go though,

... it does give a better idea of how far the YC Deck 19 will go though,

How far back do you think it will go? It seems to me it might only be the very forward part that is actually mostly missing in the picture due to the YC cutaway, only right above the restaurant. If you look at the ship model would it be the forward area with the loungers, then after the glass wall where the cabanas start would be the Aurea deck? That would make the most sense; two small hot tubs and a small pool for YC and the two larger hot tubs and larger pool for Aurea. If that is the case then it looks a little small unless YC are allowed further aft into the Aurea area. One thing I was thinking would be interesting would be since YC will exclusively have the deck space above the bridge, MSC could make a combined YC/Aurea area out of all deck 19 forward, that might explain the glass wall with walk through. Seems a little bit unlikely. I've been waiting for that deck 19 plan, and will be unwilling to book YC deck 18 until I see it. The use of cabanas (rather than loungers as in the picture) above those cabins does make sense in that regard, especially if it is a somewhat public deck.

Ate ... The numbered area on the picture shows on the Port side no 5 as the "Top 19 Solarium" ie the pay to use deck ! for quite some time we have been trying to work out roughly where the YC deck will end, my guess is that it will be in front of the Magradome pool and going forward towards the bridge and above the YC restaurant/bar.

As for the Aurea guests that is more unclear unless it is the area behind the large TV screen at the back of the ship on Deck 16.

Thanks, I now see that note of where Top 19 will go. Perhaps it will be more like Vibe or Posh on NCL. It may be that the Aurea perks will only include the spa solarium on deck 8 forward, starboard. I too am unsure what Aurea may get as I don't see mention of Top 19 access for them. If all the cabanas on 19 are YC that will be a large area. I would be surprised if the two larger hot tubs are included, I think at that hot tub pinch point where they change to clamshells and loungers could be a public area. That would be interesting for the few YC below, including two Royal Suites.

According to the latest brochure I have, the Aurea Experience includes "Access to the private solarium", which is exactly what they are calling Top 19 or Top 18 depending on the ship. That area is labeled "Top 19 Exclusive Solarium" on SEASIDE for instance. So I would surmise this will be the private deck you will have access to. I don' think besides the Yacht Club and Top 18 (or 19) there will be any other private outdoor deck areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... I don' think besides the Yacht Club and Top 18 (or 19) there will be any other private outdoor deck areas.

I'm also pretty sure that it will be the same as they do refer to Top 19 as a solarium in your brochure. Earlier I could only see the existing deck plans and it looks like the spa will also have a "private" sundeck/solarium - the only one on the plans so far. I was wondering if that was a possible reason why for the Seaside they changed the wording of the Aurea benefits from "access to a private sundeck" to "access to the private solarium".

Is a zipline confirmed on the seaside? I haven't seen this on any brochures or ads.

It is strange that it isn't specifically mentioned on their website unless it is part of the "adventure trail". Rendering of the adventure park on the MSC site shows the upper platform, but zip line is not there. I thought there was a construction picture somewhere in this thread showing the rings at the landing area though.

There will be two zip lines on Seaside, the construction photos clearly show the rings that you pass through having left the take off platform and the landing area above the Aft Lif / Elevator. The latest model that Eroller took photos of also shows them.

MSC refer to a sun deck as a Solarium which can be seen on all the ship deck plans.

I cannot see the area on Deck 8 Starboard being anywhere near large enough for the Aurea guests as there are Suites and Balconies, more likely it will be for sole use of the Wellness spa.

From memory the Top 18/19 area is a separate area which you have to pay to use, on other ships such as Divina this is not part of that area used by Aurea guests.

My interpretation is the multiple rings above the aft panoramic elevators is the landing area, the take off area would be the top platform at the aqua park, just aft of the funnels.

A quick count gave me about 216 Aurea cabins, with an average maximum occupancy of about three people, yielding around 650 total possible Aurea guests on a cruise. I'm not sure how much special private deck space MSC will justify for the group. The area on eroller's brochure shown as Top 19 is a bit ambiguous, even when looking at the model. I hope it will be the area with the hot tubs forward of the funnel, but I'm not sure how forward it could go toward the upper Jungle pool deck, or if it would be both sides. To me, anywhere aft of the funnels doesn't look that relaxing. That area is surrounding the kids Aqua park and has water slides and zip lines going over it and is right next to the sports courts. Since Aurea has access to the spa anyway it seems a possible choice to make those decks/tubs the Aurea area and sell passes to a semi-exclusive Top 19. Additionally, the other thing I find odd is the port side of the spa is labelled Spa Wellness Area, but the Wellness experience benefits do not include any mention of any spa privileges. So I can see both sides of the spa could be for Aurea guests (and YC or spa purchasers).

Ate ... The area at the back of the ship where the bridge of sighs is was the area I was talking about, behind the TV screen and the landing area for the zip line.

The model shows hot tubs and cabanas as an illustration, the area is also over the Deck 15 Aft Aurea suite cabins.

Regarding the Grand Suites,

There are 3 at the front of each deck (left right and center). The Center Obviously has a forward facing balcony and should match the plan shown for that room.

The left and right however show a curved wall on the deck plan that does not match the room plan.

Any thoughts if the left and right have forward facing balcony?

Regarding the Grand Suites... Any thoughts if the left and right have forward facing balcony?

There are several threads just about these Seaside Grand Suites. From the model pictures starting with post #861 on this thread and from actual pictures of the ship it is pretty definite the port and starboard GS will have a side facing balcony and a forward facing window. Even though the center suite seems more popular booking wise I think the side facing are fine. The balcony will be more useful and you get an extra window. I believe they will also have the two bedroom two bath with separate living area, just with a curved wall. The exception is the two side ones on Deck 14 which are listed as two person capacity. I have no idea what is up with that.

Today I received a brand new brochure from MSC Cruises USA. Quite nicely done and a little different than previous MSC Cruises brochures I've received. This one is more slick and refined, more in line with what lines like Royal Caribbean and NCL produce. The ships highlighted are MSC DIVINA, MSC SEASIDE, and MSC MERAVIGLIA. I found it interesting that MERAVIGLIA was included even though her cruises from Miami are not highlighted yet. Obviously MSC is smart enough to start building up the hype for her in North America.

Unrelated to the brochure, I've been reading recent reports that MSC's new private Bahamas out island, Ocean Cay *is* slated to receive its first ships later this year. This would be great if true and is contrary to the delays that were announced earlier. The Spring 2017 issue of Cruise Industry News Quarterly, Achille Staiano, head of Commercial Services for MSC states that MSC ships are slated to start calling at Ocean Cay in November 2018. There is another article in Spring 2017 issue of International Cruise & Ferry Review, Gianni Onorato, MSC Cruises chief executive states that the sand for Ocean Cay has been laid to sculpt the island to desired dimensions, and the target for work to be completed is October 2018 and the project is on schedule. He does admit that MSC underestimated the complexity of the project at the start.

Anyway there was something on MSC SEASIDE in this new brochure I haven't seen before, and that is a 2-page cut-away view of the ship. I always enjoy these, with the more detail the better. Perhaps others have seen this before, but it was a first time for me. I've attached it here for those interested.

Interesting that this shows the Specialty Restaurants on a middle deck, (8?). The Deck plans on the website show them on deck 16.

Do we know if the main breakfast buffet will be on deck 16, or is that on a middle deck also?

The main buffet is on Deck 8 under the Aurea long balcony suites according to the deck plans, it may be that the picture in the brochure is out of date.

Seaside will be moved on Saturday to another pier which has been vacated today by Majestic Princess.

MSC newbie here so I may sound a little uninformed but I had a question about the location of the Main Buffet. I know that no one "really" knows anything until the ship launches but it seems strange that the buffet would be located on Deck 8 since that is very far removed from the pool/Lido deck.

Wouldn't there be a lot of traffic between the two which are usually located close together?? Is this standard for MSC?

I am booked on the Seaside for the New Years Eve cruise and I am VERY excited! I am anxiously reading as much information as I can get...

Thanks for all of the good info everyone!!

Which brochure is this??

I've asked several times for a brochure (or any literature) on MSC, the YC and specifically the Seaside and have yet to receive anything except the link to the MSC USA website. :rolleyes:

Am I not asking for the right thing???? :confused:

MSC newbie here so I may sound a little uninformed but I had a question about the location of the Main Buffet. I know that no one "really" knows anything until the ship launches but it seems strange that the buffet would be located on Deck 8 since that is very far removed from the pool/Lido deck.

Wouldn't there be a lot of traffic between the two which are usually located close together?? Is this standard for MSC?

I am booked on the Seaside for the New Years Eve cruise and I am VERY excited! I am anxiously reading as much information as I can get...

Thanks for all of the good info everyone!!

These were my thoughts exactly.

There is a pool and outdoor space on deck 8, perhaps thinking is thats where those who wish to have breakfast outside will go?