Status match question

SquishTheWhale

Hi,

Sorry, I know there's a lot of threads on here about status match, but I have a bit of a specific question. I want to apply for status match from NCL to MSC. At the moment I'm bronze on NCL with 10 points (10 nights). In October I'll have 24 points- which annoyingly is still Bronze after NCL recently moved the goal posts for Silver.

Should I wait to status match until October- will the points difference make a difference to which MSC tier I'm matched to? Or will NCL Bronze always be matched to MSC Classic?

I've tried to work out the equivalent points value in MSC but can't due to the experience based points system.

Bronze is Bronze is Bronze, regardless of points within that category, so it should make no difference on the match you receive if you are just barely Bronze or just short of graduating out of Bronze.

Thank you! Just wanted to check. It's just a shame NCL changed their loyalty programme or my bronze would be silver boo.

Do you have any status in any hotel loyalty schemes that could get you something higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's just a shame NCL changed their loyalty programme or my bronze would be silver boo.
Don't be too disappointed. Even if you had Silver on NCL, that only matches to Classic with MSC, anyway. I thought this was a recent development after the NCL levels changed last month, but NCL Silver already only matched to Classic last year, according to this post.

Don't be too disappointed. Even if you had Silver on NCL, that only matches to Classic with MSC, anyway. I thought this was a recent development after the NCL levels changed last month, but NCL Silver already only matched to Classic last year, according to this post.

Oh really! Well I do feel better about it now :)

Does anyone know if there is a status match for Carnival? I'm gold and would like to know if that gets me anything on MSC?

I was told it matches to silver. I haven't tried it yet, but that was the answer I received on this board when asked.

Read that hotel based programs are good for status match also. Platinum marriott or spg will get you black card status. Hilton honors diamond members get gold status. I wonder what lowes platinum gets via msc match?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Read that hotel based programs are good for status match also. Platinum marriott or spg will get you black card status. Hilton honors diamond members get gold status. I wonder what lowes platinum gets via msc match?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Le club Accor Platinum got us Black and our friends matched IHG Platinum but only got matched to MSC Silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love love love this status match!! So glad MSC do it.

I've transferred my NCL platinum to MSC black! Really excited to try MSC.

Sounds like you've got it all covered but I've written a little about my experience with the status match here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/03/21/msc-status-match/

If that's any interest to you :) all in all I found the whole thing really easy, took 3 days!! So well worth doing:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm Platinum with Princess, Elite with Celebrity and Diamond with Royal Caribbean. Which one should I status match on? or would they be all the same tier on MSC?

Diamond with Royal Caribbean will definitely match to BLACK (the top level) with MSC, not sure about the others.

Pete

Diamond with rccl gives you black card it would stand to reason that elite with celebrity would be black card also. But this is just a theory based on being diamond on rccl would get you elite status when sailing on celebrity as they are sister lines.

Diamond with Royal Caribbean will definitely match to BLACK (the top level) with MSC, not sure about the others.

Pete

Thanks,

Actually, I matched with Princess Elite, which got me the BLACK card on MSC.

hello skier 52, I see your full of knowledge , been seeing some of your replies and I appreciate all your input, so i'm emerald, what would put me to in msc, I'm planiing on doing a cruise wiith them for the first time, on the msc armonia, can you tell me how msc is different from royal, what am I to expect cause been sort of reading bad reviews on msc, which I know some reviews are somewhat meaning less, also one thing ive been researching and can't understand at the buffet for lunch people say the drinks are to be paid? is this true, don't they offer coffee, or juices?

all been given vouchers for 12 drinks, says beer, wine and cocktail drinks? now cocktail drinks is it with alchol? of they virgin cocktail drinks? looking forward to hear from you thank you.

Pete