Reflection Included Food Options

Cruisennerable

I just booked my first trip on Celebrity Reflection but am having a hard time discerning which locations are included for food options. I did book the 8:30 meal time slot and I understand there is a buffet option as well but I wonder if there are any other snack or food areas that are included without an up cost?

Thanks a million

Main Dining Room is where you'll eat most of your meals.

Room service is another option and doesn't have an added cost - we loved ordering room service, especially if you have a balcony and eating it on the balcony. You can pre-order breakfast the night before and have it delivered at a given time. Especially handy for port days.

Oceanview cafe has the big buffet - it also has other stations like pizza and pasta.

Mast Grill is a small grill that has burgers and, I think, hot dogs.

Cafe Al Bacio charges for gelato and coffee, but has free pastries - and they are delicious. A lot of first timers miss out on the goodies, because they think they're for a fee, like the rest of the stuff there.

I think the rest of the places include fees. I'd recommend Qsine if you're interested in doing a specialty restaurant - it's unlike any other dining experience we've had on land. Murano and Tuscan Grille are good, too, but they're similar to many fine dining establishments.

Bistro on Five has a smaller upcharge - it's a charming bistro. We eat there on departure day when everyone is crowding Oceanview. It's nice and quiet and starts the cruise off right. It's well worth the charge (was $5 then $7, now I think it's $10).

Edited by ScarlettMLB

Thanks for the help but sorry their website is where I became confused to start with.

The bit to see is....www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-casual-dining or www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-room-service which list the included options. As usual the bulk of the dinning options page highlights those with an upcharge first:eek:

Room service is another option and doesn't have an added cost - we loved ordering room service, especially if you have a balcony and eating it on the balcony. You can pre-order breakfast the night before and have it delivered at a given time. Especially handy for port days.

Room service does have some "for fee" items on it.

Also, a new policy charges for R/S overnight between 11pm and 6am of $4.95 per order. It has been suggested that this charge is waived for Concierge, Aqua and Suites, but I have no verification of this. This started just about a month or so ago.

Also remember that for-fee items will have 18% gratuity added (some R/S menus still say 15%, but it is now 18%) and that drinks other than coffee and tea will be charged, and that those room service beverages are not covered by any drink package.

Another CC poster posted recent menus from September:

Daytime room service:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_y5m8rqywINS2ttRUt6OGRnWTQ/view

Breakfast room service (standard cabins, Concierge and above get an enhanced menu):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_y5m8rqywINTzRmRTlwOU90RDg/view

Breakast R/S - Concierge and up:

RS Hang Menu.pdf

Edited by cle-guy

Cafe Al Bacio charges for gelato and coffee, but has free pastries - and they are delicious. A lot of first timers miss out on the goodies, because they think they're for a fee, like the rest of the stuff there.

Recent folks have reported that the pastries here are no longer free unless you also purchase a beverage. This has been confirmed on Summit earlier this year, and on Infinity from someone just off the Panama canal crossing a couple weeks ago.

Main Dining Room is where you'll eat most of your meals.

Oceanview cafe has the big buffet - it also has other stations like pizza and pasta.

Mast Grill is a small grill that has burgers and, I think, hot dogs.

I think the rest of the places include fees. I'd recommend Qsine if you're interested in doing a specialty restaurant - it's unlike any other dining experience we've had on land. Murano and Tuscan Grille are good, too, but they're similar to many fine dining establishments.

Bistro on Five has a smaller upcharge - it's a charming bistro. We eat there on departure day when everyone is crowding Oceanview. It's nice and quiet and starts the cruise off right. It's well worth the charge (was $5 then $7, now I think it's $10).

You can also get Main Dining Room meals delivered by room service for lunch and dinner during the hours the MDR is open. No charge.

Recent folks have reported that the pastries here are no longer free unless you also purchase a beverage. This has been confirmed on Summit earlier this year, and on Infinity from someone just off the Panama canal crossing a couple weeks ago.

What?:mad:

OK, what if you have a beverage package?

How would the gratuities on free items work if the item is free? How do they calculate 18% on nothing and if you prepaid gratifies package will it cover that charge?

As I indicated, Only the "for fee" items will get the 18% added, like Crab Benedict or steak and eggs, or a Coke or Mimosa or Smoothie.

Basket of pastries and coffee, free so no charge.

Prepaid gratuities cover only your Dining room staff and cabin stewards.

Does not cover room service, bar drinks (exception being any drink covered under a drink package is already gratuity inclusive, however if you have to pay for a drink, or pay for the 'overage" on a premium package, you will pay 18% on the overage), spa, any other incidentals you pay extra for that may levy gratuities..

Edited by cle-guy

Where was this reported? I just did a search and didn't find anything here. I would think this would be a big topic of conversation.

Where was this reported? I just did a search and didn't find anything here. I would think this would be a big topic of conversation.

Posts 10, 12 and 13 here is most recent report.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47958913&highlight=bacio#post47958913

As most people have drink packages these day's it's not affecting many people, and as CC folks are not a majority of cruisers that means even less people are paying attention.

Posts 10, 12 and 13 here is most recent report.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47958913&highlight=bacio#post47958913

As most people have drink packages these day's it's not affecting many people, and as CC folks are not a majority of cruisers that means even less people are paying attention.

This is a bummer. I wonder if it's enforced on all ships or if it's one of those depends on which way the winds are blowing kind of things.

I'll probably still try during my Transatlantic in April. I don't plan to get a beverage package - I just can't make it make financial sense. They can always say no.

I loved those pastries though. They were a perfect little afternoon snack if I just wanted something light until dinner. Much better than the silliness they claimed were canapes that they brought to our rooms in Concierge Class.

Then there would have to be prices listed somewhere, right? A cookie wouldn't be the same as a piece of cake?

I would be very disappointed in Celebrity if this is true and not just a misunderstanding.

When the issue was raised earlier in the year, we got very specific answers and confirmation then as well, thinking it may have been a lazy rogue employee. But when I saw it again confirmed on the thread recently, it seems clear it is the case now.

I have never eaten any of the things at al back even with a coffee, so it doesn't bother me at all. Buffet has stuff quite similar all the time though.

As long as you get a beverage, the pastries are included.

Drink package or pay, makes no difference.

You can get anything you want there without purchasing a beverage, package or not. We've been known to skip our dessert and get a slice of carrot cake in Cafe al Bacio and no beverage at all. I may or may not have gone by on one or more occasions and picked up a couple of cookies "to go."

Did someone mention the free Aqua Spa Cafe? Most of the items there are free. Small venue but nice for a change.

Lots of people really love the afternoon tea items and sushi up at the Oceanview Cafe in the mid to late afternoon.

Loved the little elephant ear cookies (not available at the buffet).

We have a drink package this upcoming cruise, but to me it just seems sneeky to not make any announcement or list prices. I can see people loading up on things with one cup of coffee ... just in case.

You can get anything you want there without purchasing a beverage, package or not. We've been known to skip our dessert and get a slice of carrot cake in Cafe al Bacio and no beverage at all. I may or may not have gone by on one or more occasions and picked up a couple of cookies "to go."

Cle-guy is saying that's not the case, you have to pay unless you order a beverage.

Did someone mention the free Aqua Spa Cafe? Most of the items there are free. Small venue but nice for a change.

Lots of people really love the afternoon tea items and sushi up at the Oceanview Cafe in the mid to late afternoon.

Did you read the thread with the link I shared? Seems like point blank this is a new policy, as of September anyway... And if you search back farther you will see same discussion on Summit in the early summer.