Aerobus from BCN to Placa Catalunya

dl13

Hi.

Can anyone tell me if when traveling on the Aerobus from the Barcelona Airport to Placa Catalunya, do we place our luggage in a storage compartment underneath the bus or do we bring it inside with us where we can see it?

Also approximately how long is the bus ride?

Thanks!

:)

If you've ever rented a car and had to take a shuttle bus, then you'll have an idea of what the onboard luggage racks look like even though the Aerobus is a full-sized bus. The racks face the rear door. We always kept our eyes on our bags to make sure that they do not "walk away" with someone else since Plaza Catalunya is the last stop. Better to be safe than sorry.

The Aerobus from Plaza Cataluña to airport

Terminal T1 times are as follows

05:30 - 06:50 every 10 minutes

06:50 - 21:45 every 5 minutes

21:45 - 00:30 every 10 minutes

to Terminal T2 they are

05:30 - 06:50 every 20 minutes

06:50 - 22:20 every 10 minutes

22:20 - 00:30 every 20 minutes

If you take the Aerobus to Plaza Cataluna, do you then take a taxi or walk to your hotel? We are staying at NH Calderon - (Rambla de Catalunya 26).

We will definitely look like tourists walking along with our bags & luggage! ;):D

If you take the Aerobus to Plaza Cataluna, do you then take a taxi or walk to your hotel? We are staying at NH Calderon - (Rambla de Catalunya 26).

We will definitely look like tourists walking along with our bags & luggage! ;):D

It depends on how much you like walking and how much luggage you will have. I would say it is about 5 minute walk. But don't forget you have to find the hotel.

I, personally, would get a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Less stress and compared to the total cost of the cruise it is virtually nothing.

We were across the street from you at Rambla de Catalunya, 27 and we walked. The Aerobus stop at the Plaza which is very large bustling plaza. You cross the street and go over (left) one block and then up (north) the Rambla de Catalunya for 2 blocks. The blocks are not that long. I think it would take longer hailing, loading and paying for a taxi than walking. We each only had one suitcase on rollers and a backpack and tote. There was no problem with the walk.

aloisia-

The only problem you'll have is the "cobblestoney" parts of certain sidewalks that make it a bit inconvenient to drag your rolling suitcases. According to Terrier1, your hotel is not far from Plaza Catalunya so it should not be a problem.

Our hotel was near the Liceau Theatre which is closer to the cruise ship terminal. It was a bit slow going but luckily, we arrived early on a Saturday before the streets were filled with people. The main problem we had was keeping an eye out for thieves/pickpockets. Twice, we saw well-dressed guys following us for several blocks. As we had been in BCN, hubby and I looked them directly in the eye so that they knew we were aware of their presence and would purposely cross the street to see if they continue to follow us.

The Aerobus from Plaza Cataluña to airport

Terminal T1 times are as follows

05:30 - 06:50 every 10 minutes

06:50 - 21:45 every 5 minutes

21:45 - 00:30 every 10 minutes

to Terminal T2 they are

05:30 - 06:50 every 20 minutes

06:50 - 22:20 every 10 minutes

22:20 - 00:30 every 20 minutes

I think we may need to take a taxi..our flight leaves at 7am and we dont want to rush grandma!..Could you tell me how long the drive is? thanks

When we took the Aero Bus, I was worried about rolling suit cases, becaues you are not supposed to look like a traveler, well I saw manny suitcases rolling down the street, I really dont know if they were travelers or people from there. So having a suit case is not a problem. I would not put anything small on the suitcase, like a camera or computer, and have it rolling behind you, It problay will be gone by the time you get to the hotel, I dont think you have to worry about somone unzipping a suitcase as you are walking down the street. but I would be alert of people close by.

When we took the Aero Bus, I was worried about rolling suit cases, becaues you are not supposed to look like a traveler, well I saw manny suitcases rolling down the street, I really dont know if they were travelers or people from there. So having a suit case is not a problem. I would not put anything small on the suitcase, like a camera or computer, and have it rolling behind you, It problay will be gone by the time you get to the hotel, I dont think you have to worry about somone unzipping a suitcase as you are walking down the street. but I would be alert of people close by.

Yes you do need to worry about someone unzipping your suitcase! We walked down La Rambla and sometime during the walk someone unzipped my small rolling suitcase and took my notebook out of it. It was not locked and the both zipper ends were on the top part of the case. When we arrived the top was unzipped and netbook gone. Lesson learned. Lock carryon bags!!

Yes you do need to worry about someone unzipping your suitcase! We walked down La Rambla and sometime during the walk someone unzipped my small rolling suitcase and took my notebook out of it. It was not locked and the both zipper ends were on the top part of the case. When we arrived the top was unzipped and netbook gone. Lesson learned. Lock carryon bags!!

If I was to go to the trouble of unzipping a rolling suitcase, I think I would take more than a note book., As Judge Judy would say, "It doesn't make sense" Any way this is why you have to be aware of your surroundings .

If I was to go to the trouble of unzipping a rolling suitcase, I think I would take more than a note book., As Judge Judy would say, "It doesn't make sense" Any way this is why you have to be aware of your surroundings .

Yes you are right. I had too many letters. It was my brand new netbook. I had just gotten it for Mother's day. At least it didn't have any thing on it yet.

By taxi, it will take about 20-30 minutes from your hotel.

Hi, Carol - Do you know the schedule for getting the Aerobus from the port to Playa Catalunya? There is a group of us (20) trying to get off the ship and to La Sagrada by 10 AM - I thought maybe this would be a good option to get us to Playa Catalunya un a group (and we would plan to get on the HOHO bus there). I haven't researched the Aerobus, just saw the post this morning, so any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Also, we have ordered tickets from ServiCaixa and were able to print these tickets. Their website and e-mails are extremely confusing. Do you know if the tickets which I printed out are the actual tickets which we can present at the church or if we have to go by the bank and get "real" tickets? I am totally confused by their misinformation. Thanks for your help.

Shirleen

Hi, Carol - Do you know the schedule for getting the Aerobus from the port to Playa Catalunya? There is a group of us (20) trying to get off the ship and to La Sagrada by 10 AM - I thought maybe this would be a good option to get us to Playa Catalunya un a group (and we would plan to get on the HOHO bus there). I haven't researched the Aerobus, just saw the post this morning, so any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Also, we have ordered tickets from ServiCaixa and were able to print these tickets. Their website and e-mails are extremely confusing. Do you know if the tickets which I printed out are the actual tickets which we can present at the church or if we have to go by the bank and get "real" tickets? I am totally confused by their misinformation. Thanks for your help.

Shirleen

The Aerobus goes from Placa Catalunya to the airport. There is a port Shuttle bus that takes you from the ship to the Columbus Monument at the bottom of La Rambla. You can get one of the HOHO buses at the Columbus Monument just make sure it is going to Sagrada Familia and ask how long it will take.

We've used the aerobus multiple times without any problems. We were warned to be careful when getting bags off the bus, so we have one of us "bagwatch" while the other does the unloading. Apparently thieves can stand outside the bus and take bags as you turn to get the second one

Archived