Just Back, Some Quick Thoughts...

ducklite

Update: I just had a nice conversation with the folks at PG. I now realize that I did make a mistake on the pricing.

They were interested in my comments regarding the cruise in general, and are researching my missing laundry.

Update: I just had a nice conversation with the folks at PG. I now realize that I did make a mistake on the pricing.

They were interested in my comments regarding the cruise in general, and are researching my missing laundry.

Post #43 you told tiki insurance would be compensation for his losses, yet you repeatedly cry it wont compensate yours?

Post #43 you told tiki insurance would be compensation for his losses, yet you repeatedly cry it wont compensate yours?

Different scenarios. I have spoken to my insurance, due to the way the person who wrote it up on the PG wrote it, they will not compensate as it was written as a "mysterious disappearance" as opposed to "lost in ships laundry."

Additionally I was told that even if they did, I would get about $20 for the pants as I don't have a receipt and they are a couple of years old--even though I've only worn them a half dozen times at the most and they ran me $168 new.

Edited by ducklite

Good to hear. The PG folks are quite good given the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So on the matter of pricing let me understand this: did you pay more than the standard fare as you previously claimed or less than that fare?

I am happy that you called PG and hope your Laundry situation is resolved.

So on the matter of pricing let me understand this: did you pay more than the standard fare as you previously claimed or less than that fare?

I am happy that you called PG and hope your Laundry situation is resolved.

I paid the PG less than the standard fare because they credited a deposit that was stolen by another entity.

Good to hear. The PG folks are quite good given the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I do believe that they were interested in my feedback--which included some very positive comments as well as places where they have opportunity for improvement.

Different scenarios. I have spoken to my insurance, due to the way the person who wrote it up on the PG wrote it, they will not compensate as it was written as a "mysterious disappearance" as opposed to "lost in ships laundry."

Additionally I was told that even if they did, I would get about $20 for the pants as I don't have a receipt and they are a couple of years old--even though I've only worn them a half dozen times at the most and they ran me $168 new.

Nope, not different scenarios. You are telling others that insurance is compensation and then saying for you it isnt. Cant have it both ways.

Nope, not different scenarios. You are telling others that insurance is compensation and then saying for you it isnt. Cant have it both ways.

Have you ever actually read a policy? Obviously not.

I have .

You are only owed depreciated value.

You owned the pants for two years. Even if you didn't wear them all that much you will be held to the 'reasonable' standard ie how many times most people would have worn them.

However this would only be true if you don't have full replacement cost and theft including mysterious disappearance on your policy. I would really check your insurance as it appears to be wanting. Someone sold you a useless bill of goods! Now even the Cadillac of insurance like I have will have a deductible of $ 300 or $500. Your pants were only $168 . Even if you have nil deductible If you had to claim under this policy you would likely lose your No Claims bonus which could be more than $168.

In these situations it's best to chalk these small losses to fate or your personal act of god! The loss of a pant or two is unimportant in the ultimate scheme of things.

Edited by Emdee

I have .

You are only owed depreciated value.

You owned the pants for two years. Even if you didn't wear them all that much you will be held to the 'reasonable' standard ie how many times most people would have worn them.

However this would only be true if you don't have full replacement cost and theft including mysterious disappearance on your policy. I would really check your insurance as it appears to be wanting. Someone sold you a useless bill of goods! Now even the Cadillac of insurance like I have will have a deductible of $ 300 or $500. Your pants were only $168 . Even if you have nil deductible If you had to claim under this policy you would likely lose your No Claims bonus which could be more than $168.

In these situations it's best to chalk these small losses to fate or your personal act of god! The loss of a pant or two is unimportant in the ultimate scheme of things.

Are you talking about home owners or travel? The travel insurance won't cover mysterious disappearance, which is how the PG wrote the Personal Property Damage or Loss Report. If they had written it that the pants and shorts were lost in the ships laundry, the insurance would have covered at least something. Instead, I get nothing.

My homeowners WOULD cover mysterious disappearance (they are the Cadillac of insurance companies), but I am not about to submit a claim to them as I have a $1000 deductible.

BTW--Are you saying that you think it's perfectly acceptable that PG lost my laundry and refuses to take responsibility for it? I'm sure you would feel differently if it were your clothing.

Edited by ducklite

I also want to add that the shorts were brand new. I bought them three days before I left for vacation. I have the receipt right next to me, "Costa Short" purchased at Athleta 7074 in Orlando on 4/19/14 using my MC for a total of $46.86. I had worn them once for three hours.

Are you talking about home owners or travel? The travel insurance won't cover mysterious disappearance, which is how the PG wrote the Personal Property Damage or Loss Report. If they had written it that the pants and shorts were lost in the ships laundry, the insurance would have covered at least something. Instead, I get nothing.

My homeowners WOULD cover mysterious disappearance (they are the Cadillac of insurance companies), but I am not about to submit a claim to them as I have a $1000 deductible.

BTW--Are you saying that you think it's perfectly acceptable that PG lost my laundry and refuses to take responsibility for it? I'm sure you would feel differently if it were your clothing.

I was talking about homeowners. Travel tends to be very restrictive and buyer beware.

It is not acceptable that your clothes were lost and I have said so before so don't put words in my mouth.

I am only saying that in the grand scheme of things minor losses are worthy of no more than a shoulder shrug and not all this angst.

Edited by Emdee

I was talking about homeowners. Travel tends to be very restrictive and buyer beware.

It is not acceptable that your clothes were lost and I have said so before so don't put words in my mouth.

I am only saying that in the grand scheme of things minor losses are worthy of no more than a shoulder shrug and not all this angst.

It wasn't so much the loss, it was the attitude I was given on board the ship when I reported the loss, compounded by the other issues we encountered. A molehill becomes a mountain when a bunch of molehills are piled on top of each other.

Hopefully the corporate offices will do the right thing.

Yes I have, and I have made multiple claims on travel insurance for many varied reasons which is how I know your statements are self serving double standards.

I think it is time you asked a "host"/mod to delete this thread and you post an apology to PG for your misleading diatribes.

Yes I have, and I have made multiple claims on travel insurance for many varied reasons which is how I know your statements are self serving double standards.

I think it is time you asked a "host"/mod to delete this thread and you post an apology to PG for your misleading diatribes.

Nope. I haven't misled anyone, and I corrected my one error after speaking with the folks at PG. If you don't like what I write, don't read it. I have as much of a right to post here as anyone does, and if you can't handle the truth, too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

This used to be a place where people could exchange experiences. Apparently, it has now turned into a Rush Limbaugh show. Let's quit talking about lost clothes and bad attitude. I have filed a complaint with CC that this thread is way I'ver the too and should be truncated. I think that all of the children have had their say.

This used to be a place where people could exchange experiences. Apparently, it has now turned into a Rush Limbaugh show. Let's quit talking about lost clothes and bad attitude. I have filed a complaint with CC that this thread is way I'ver the too and should be truncated. I think that all of the children have had their say.

Clothing lost by the ship is certainly part of the experience--it's no different than a suitcase lost by an airline. What is unfortunate is that when people share their experience--the good and the bad--they are crucified for saying anything negative. Isn't the purpose of a review to be honest about the trip so that others can make an informed choice?

Mediapro I agree.

Let's ignore this thread and carry on our usual conversations!

• 1 month later...