Post Cruise Excursion from FLL Not with Cruise line

blueboro

Anyone had experience with booking an independent excursion the day the cruise ends in FLL? We have to wait until 5:00pm for a flight and would like to do something until 2:00-3:00. As typical when booked thru the cruise line it costs significantly more. There are 6 people that would be on the excursion.

Anyone had experience with booking an independent excursion the day the cruise ends in FLL? We have to wait until 5:00pm for a flight and would like to do something until 2:00-3:00. As typical when booked thru the cruise line it costs significantly more. There are 6 people that would be on the excursion.
Since you have to leave for the airport at three, why don't you be the first ones off the ship, jump on the water taxi, and then have a late, leisurely brunch somewhere like Bokampers, 15th Street Fisheries, Flip Flops, or on Las Olas?

I see tons of people walking Las Olas with luggage on the weekends.

You could do an early walk-off, rent a mini-van, and drive to Sawgrass Recreation Park and/or Flamingo Gardens. We did both last month and easily made it to the airport by 3 to return the car. (Note: we rented a car from Budget, but I'm pretty sure they also have mini-vans.)

What I would do.

Taxi to the air port, drop off luggage at the luggage storage guy.

Taxi to the Elbo Room.

Now a choice, a leisurely walk to the stores and shops on Las Olas or

get black out drunk at the Elbo Room.:p:p:p

Why start at the Elbo Room, theres a lot of beauty on Las Olas starting at the beach before

getting to the shops and restaurants.

Its around a mile.

Edited by fireofficer5

What I would do.

Taxi to the air port, drop off luggage at the luggage storage guy.

Taxi to the Elbo Room.

Now a choice, a leisurely walk to the stores and shops on Las Olas or

get black out drunk at the Elbo Room.:p:p:p

Why start at the Elbo Room, theres a lot of beauty on Las Olas starting at the beach before

getting to the shops and restaurants.

Its around a mile.

Hahahaha!! I love this. Done this a time or two through the years!

I'm in a similar situation as OP. How far of a walk is it from the pier to the water taxi stop? We're thinking of sending our luggage to the airport with Princess's EZ Check service and exploring the water taxi and the shopping/dining area before heading to the airport for a 7:45pm flight.

I'm in a similar situation as OP. How far of a walk is it from the pier to the water taxi stop? We're thinking of sending our luggage to the airport with Princess's EZ Check service and exploring the water taxi and the shopping/dining area before heading to the airport for a 7:45pm flight.

How many Princess ships are in port on the same day? The main Princess berth is #2 and, since it is at the northern most part of the port, is within walking distance of the water taxi and 17th Street. If there are additional Princess ships in port the second one may be at the newly renovated berth #4 right next to #2 and also within walking distance. If there are 3 ships in port - or if they aren't using berth #4 for the second Princess ship - you will need to take a taxi. The other berths (I've been on Princess cruises that have been berthed at pier #25 twice) are quite a distance away in a port that is not pedestrian friendly (not to mention the weather can be hot and humid depending upon the season). The taxi shouldn't cost much more than $10.

Check out the port map http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf for a better idea of the locations of all the berths relative to 17th Street. The water taxi stop is right under the 17th Street bridge.