Carnival Shareholder OB Credit: Combinable?

notjaded

Many thanks for your input:

Can anyone confirm whether or not the OBC due shareholders is combinable with other types of OBC, such as the Referral Credit?

What process is there to provide Seabourn with the Shareholder verification?

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm whether or not the OBC due shareholders is combinable with other types of OBC, such as the Referral Credit?

Thanks!

http://www.carnivalcorp.com OOPs...it seems they redid the website...so I haven't found the shareholder benefit page yet.

This credit is combinable on all other Carnival lines, so my guess is yes.

Edited by thinfool

Thanks!

Yes, we used both the shareholder credit and the referral credit. We sent a brokerage statement (with some details obscured) that indicated our ownership of Carnival stock. The process was easy.

Yes, we used both the shareholder credit and the referral credit. We sent a brokerage statement (with some details obscured) that indicated our ownership of Carnival stock. The process was easy.

Thanks to all.

Regarding sending in proof of ownership: Can I just download an account picture from my on-line broker, blackout the irrelevant and sensitive information, and just fax it into Seabourn?

Thanks to all.

Regarding sending in proof of ownership: Can I just download an account picture from my on-line broker, blackout the irrelevant and sensitive information, and just fax it into Seabourn?

Either fax or an email attachment will work. You can always call Seabourn and ask how they would like to receive the information. I think we used email.

Could someone explain the shareholder credit? How much credit? Is there a certain amount of Carnival stock you need to hold, or for a certain time? Thanks.

Eric

100 shares, so I am informed.

100 shares. Confirmation has to be a broker statement or purchase statement dated within 3 months of the date you submit it. Yes, you can blackout any other info. Keep the date, your name and address and the line concerning CCL stock. You get $250 credit.

I have always faxed my request for my OBC. Seabourn informed me that they needed a letter from me requesting OBC indicating my Booking Number and Cruise Sail Date, plus page from my brokerage account. This is the fax number I've always used and never have had any problems: 206-501-2900,ATTN: Reservation Leads. HTH

Cruises 6 days or less get $50 OBC;

Cruises 7 to 13 days get $100 OBC; and

Cruises 14 days or longer get $250 OBC.

Here is web page: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

which shows Shareholder Benefits through July 16, 2016.

I have always faxed my request for my OBC. Seabourn informed me that they needed a letter from me requesting OBC indicating my Booking Number and Cruise Sail Date, plus page from my brokerage account. This is the fax number I've always used and never have had any problems: 206-501-2900,ATTN: Reservation Leads. HTH

Here is web page: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Thanks. :)

I have had Shareholder credit, Amex Platinum credit and a booking inventive credit combined.

Can you kindly describe the Amex Plat credit and how it works? How much? For each cruise you take? Seems like it might be worth it to have the card...

Thanks!

Can you kindly describe the Amex Plat credit and how it works? How much? For each cruise you take? Seems like it might be worth it to have the card...

Thanks!

For a 14 day or longer cruise, the Amex Plat Card OBC is $300. In addition, you get a bottle of premium wine (which is waiting in your room) and we have also had strawberries and Grand Marnier flavoured cream dip delivered to our room compliments of Amex.

As some on here might recall, I am not generally a big fan of travel agents. But our Amex Travel Agent is absolutely outstanding.

On the subject of the Platinum Card, I have saved thousands of dollars (no exaggeration) through having it. On our last trip, the two-for-one business class airfare you get through the card was $3,000 cheaper than any other way I could do the flights. When I first got the card I had already booked a hotel in Sydney at $460/night. I discovered that Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts (which you get through the card) could do it at $270/night with $100 to spend on drinks, upgrade, free wi-fi, etc. etc. Amex canceled my original booking and rebooked me at their rates. Saving around $2,000 as we were staying 9 nights.

For a 14 day or longer cruise, the Amex Plat Card OBC is $300. In addition, you get a bottle of premium wine (which is waiting in your room) and we have also had strawberries and Grand Marnier flavoured cream dip delivered to our room compliments of Amex.

As some on here might recall, I am not generally a big fan of travel agents. But our Amex Travel Agent is absolutely outstanding.

On the subject of the Platinum Card, I have saved thousands of dollars (no exaggeration) through having it. On our last trip, the two-for-one business class airfare you get through the card was $3,000 cheaper than any other way I could do the flights. When I first got the card I had already booked a hotel in Sydney at $460/night. I discovered that Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts (which you get through the card) could do it at $270/night with $100 to spend on drinks, upgrade, free wi-fi, etc. etc. Amex canceled my original booking and rebooked me at their rates. Saving around $2,000 as we were staying 9 nights.

Thank you for your reply...your experiences with Amex have been great and thought-provoking for me.

I am curious about a few things:

1. In order to get the 2-1 fare, OBC and cabin-gifts, do you need to go through the Amex TA?

2. On another forum (Flyer Talk), most of the chatter I've seen regarding 2-1 fares suggest experiences in which those fares did not amount to savings. Are you regularly seeing savings with such fares through AMEX?

Many thanks!

Edited by notjaded

Thank you for your reply...your experiences with Amex have been great and thought-provoking for me.

I am curious about a few things:

1. In order to get the 2-1 fare, OBC and cabin-gifts, do you need to go through the Amex TA?

2. On another forum (Flyer Talk), most of the chatter I've seen regarding 2-1 fares suggest experiences in which those fares did not amount to savings. Are you regularly seeing savings with such fares through AMEX?

Many thanks!

to your questions ...

1. I think you need to go through Amex Travel. As we are very happy with our Amex TA we have never tried it otherwise.

2. 2-1 fares don't always work out cheaper. It depends on the airline and the route I think. We are savvy travelers so we do check to see the cheapest possible fare before asking Amex for their best price. We have used 2-1 with Air New Zealand (LAX-AUK-SYD-AUK-LAX) and Cathay Pacific (LAX-HKG-SIN-HKG-LAX). We have found that for transatlantic flights and South American flights it has been cheaper to buy two tickets. Worth noting also that, as the 2-1 is a full fare ticket, there are no penalties for flight changes.

Hope this helps.

to your questions ...

1. I think you need to go through Amex Travel. As we are very happy with our Amex TA we have never tried it otherwise.

2. 2-1 fares don't always work out cheaper. It depends on the airline and the route I think. We are savvy travelers so we do check to see the cheapest possible fare before asking Amex for their best price. We have used 2-1 with Air New Zealand (LAX-AUK-SYD-AUK-LAX) and Cathay Pacific (LAX-HKG-SIN-HKG-LAX). We have found that for transatlantic flights and South American flights it has been cheaper to buy two tickets. Worth noting also that, as the 2-1 is a full fare ticket, there are no penalties for flight changes.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks.

For those who have an interest, the following website provides some helpful information about the program participants flying out of different airports in the USA: http://iap.americanexpress.com/

Unfortunately, my options going toward Europe are not very good :(

Many thanks. I bought the shares, faxed the purchase confirmation right after receiving it the next day, and the following day got an email saying the OBC was applied.

Wonderful forum, Cruise Critic! Saving people money every day!

I agree with all above. But you can use a TA other than amex just use your platinum card. .We used our TA to book 2 for 1 bus class to Aukland and back from Sydney for the SB trip next jan. the TA can also get you the $300 credit.for paying the total cruise bill with amex platinum. The next credit for being a shareholder is a nice dividend. Then again stock prices fluctuate like the ocean.

Yes the CCL ownership is IMO a no-brainer. The stock has done well over the years we have owned it plus it pays a dividend on top of the OBC, which is applied for every cruise you take so even if the stock went nowhere you'd be ahead.

Since I have owned my 100 shares, I have had $1,750 back in OBC plus a regular dividend every year. At present, I am looking at a paper capital gain of $13/share. But why sell when I am getting such a great return in terms of OBC and dividend?

100 shares. Confirmation has to be a broker statement or purchase statement dated within 3 months of the date you submit it. Yes, you can blackout any other info. Keep the date, your name and address and the line concerning CCL stock. You get $250 credit.

Thanks so much for providing this information. Just purchased my 100 shares and loooking forward to the OBC and hopefully decent return on investment.

http://www.carnivalcorp.com OOPs...it seems they redid the website...so I haven't found the shareholder benefit page yet.

This credit is combinable on all other Carnival lines, so my guess is yes.

Here's the link for the PDF.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

We are taking our first Seabourn cruise in February. Thinking of buying some stock.

You do NOT need to go through an Amex TA to get any of their benefits. Any TA can secure those for you whether it be the OBC, an FHR hotel booking or the 241 flights which, most of the time are more expensive than booking the lowest price business class fares available. The only advantage is that the 241 fares are refundable.