Disney Dream Room Catagory 6A and 6B

vegas321

Do catagories 6A and 6B have the solid white balcony walls instead of plexiglass? I have booked a 6B without knowing that they may not be plexiglass. We are avid balcony people and like to watch the water while sitting down and enjoying a cocktail.

Our cruise is in a guarantee state for 6 A & B, so we're not assigned a cabin. I'm thinking of changing to a higher catagory to ensure we have a balcony we can look out while sitting. I also noticed that the very back Aft cabins are 6B - what kind of balcony do they have? Any idea what the chances of being assigned one of them?

Do catagories 6A and 6B have the solid white balcony walls instead of plexiglass?

I believe so. I had this same question when I booked a 6A, so I called the cruise line. I was told the 6A and 6B cabins do have solid walls on the bottom half of their railings due to structural needs of the ship, and pictures I've seen seem to verify that. I subsequently switched to a 5A.

Do catagories 6A and 6B have the solid white balcony walls instead of plexiglass? I have booked a 6B without knowing that they may not be plexiglass. We are avid balcony people and like to watch the water while sitting down and enjoying a cocktail.

Our cruise is in a guarantee state for 6 A & B, so we're not assigned a cabin. I'm thinking of changing to a higher catagory to ensure we have a balcony we can look out while sitting. I also noticed that the very back Aft cabins are 6B - what kind of balcony do they have? Any idea what the chances of being assigned one of them?

Not the same white wall that you have on the Magic/Wonder. I believe it is somthing like 18 inches of white before the glass starts. It is not a solid white wall all the way up. We have a 6b booked for our cruise - Also, 6B and 6A especially - if aft facing - have larger balconies. Deck 10 even has a few with loungers !!

See ... DSC00975.jpg?t=1305773440

We are booked in a 6B on deck 7 on the Fantasy. We are OK with the lower solid wall. You can still sit in the chair and look straight out. We do have the obstructed verandah cabin 7680 but we usually book a navigator's verandah so I am still OK with the structure of our verandah. We wanted the less expensive balcony for our 7 night Eastern Cruise.

We are paying $2949 for two adults and that includes transfer and insurance.

There are no 6B's left for the May 19th, 2012 cruise. The cheapest today is now a 6A for $4440.00 for two..

Thanks for the information and picture. I thought the white walls would be the same as the Navigator balconcies on the Magic/Wonder - and I'd have to change my cabin. We may keep the 6B catagory - I'm really hoping for an Aft location. Both 6A and 6B are in guarantee status, so I can't even upgrade to 6A to ensure an aft cabin.

Archived