posting pics in thread

You can create a photobucket account; photobucket dot com Then you copy and paste the link from there. You can upload your personal pictures to your account, also then copy the link [starting with img] and paste it into the body of the post. Or, you can search photos on the site.

I usually have 2 browsers opened and a few or more tabs open on each, so I open bunches of sites at the same time and bounce back between pages. Hope that helps some, everyone computes a little differently.

:)

Once you get photo bucket signed up there are a few more things to consider.

From home, you can upload as many photos as you want to. (Onboard a ship it is one at a time) and then when you click on a photo it will bring it up full screen. It has a number of options once you mouse over the photo one of which is to resize. Set your photo size to 15" screen (800 x 600) so they will be the right size in the thread when you post them.

You are limited on CC to 6 photos per post (reply to thread)

When you mouse over the thumbnail of a photo in PhotoBucket, you will get a pop up window with four link options, select the Image Code, copy it and past it into your CC thread where you want it. then hit return twice to leave a blank space (one line) under the photo.

For lots of "How to" info, follow the link below to the Corvette Forum's Help Section and a fantastic thread on posting photos. CC and CF use the same software so it all works here.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/help-forum/2386551-how-to-post-pictures-a-complete-step-by-step-guide.html

It take a bit of time to get it all working right...

Good Luck and happy posting!

I use Webshots; it's very easy. First download your photos and create an album. Then you can post a link to your entire album as I have done in my signuature, or you can post a single photo like this: 2145154280097872471S200x200Q85.jpg by opening the photo, clicking on "Link to this Picture", choose the size you want (this one is 200), choose "Post in a Forum", and copy and paste.

• 2 years later...
I couldn't get my pictures to post using my

Flickr account. I was right disappointed. :(

If you click on the image in your Flickr photostream, and then right click on the picture and click on the size you want to insert, then right click on the image that comes up and click 'copy image URL'. Paste this into the insert image box on CC.

This is all using Chrome by the way, which you should be using if you aren't. It is easily the best browser.

So as an example, pasting the URL of this page: IMG_0592 Will not work. What you need to paste is the direct URL of the image itself, so this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7252/7480606020_3be6a662ae_c.jpg

When I put the first link in, you get this: 7480606020

Putting the second link in, you get this:

7480606020_3be6a662ae_c.jpg

Photobucket is actually pretty bad, since there is a daily view limit on the photo. If it is a popular thread, you might reach the limit quickly. Flickr has no such limit.

Here is my first attempt at posting a flickr photo. I was not given the option on right click. Instead the flickr FAQ said you have to go to share above the photo and then choose grab the link. But when I do that it does not give me any size options. It does give me size options when I go to share, grab the HTML/BBC.

ajv9h6

HEre is my second attempt. It worked however, it doesn't seem right. I had to go to photo stream, then click share, then click "grab HTML/BBC code", however the url string was much longer than it should be, I had to delete everything before "htpp://farm7..." and I had to delete everything after ".jpg". I still don't think I am doing things correctly.

6116593933_96ac08eaba.jpg

HEre is my second attempt. It worked however, it doesn't seem right. I had to go to photo stream, then click share, then click "grab HTML/BBC code", however the url string was much longer than it should be, I had to delete everything before "htpp://farm7..." and I had to delete everything after ".jpg". I still don't think I am doing things correctly.

Ok, ignore everything I have said. Thanks to you I found the easier method. On the share option, go to Grab the HTML/BBCode. You then need to select BBCode at the bottom. Then select the size you want from the drop-down menu, and copy and paste everything in the box into the comment. Do not use the insert image option, just copy and paste directly into your comment.

The string it gives you is not a link, it is board code. Everything in the box is required.

Ok, ignore everything I have said. Thanks to you I found the easier method. On the share option, go to Grab the HTML/BBCode. You then need to select BBCode at the bottom. Then select the size you want from the drop-down menu, and copy and paste everything in the box into the comment. Do not use the insert image option, just copy and paste directly into your comment.

The string it gives you is not a link, it is board code. Everything in the box is required.

Perfect. Thanks for that Never done that before. Pic is Adventure in Ajaccio

Alex

I did use Photo Bucket, now use Web Sots and after selecting the photo I wish to post, choose size 600, then copy the IMG Forum link directly to my screen. If you have your settings set for Advanced, below where you see Post Quick Reply, I have an additional Tab, Go Advanced. This way, I can center the photo and text.

1. Go to User CP, 2. Edit Options, 3. Misc Options, at the bottom of page you can change to Advanced and save your settings.

Archived