Live in Florida - places we can cruise to w/decent airfares

tbmrt

We've cruised to most of the Caribbean islands...so easy to do since we live in FL.

At this time we are looking into cruising from other ports, both in the US and overseas.

Would appreciate your suggestions regarding ports we can look into with reasonable airfares from Florida....Tampa area preferred, but can drive if airfares are much more reasonable from Miami or elsewhere.

Thank you.

Depending on what cruise line you utilize, you may be able to get some surprisingly good air fares booking thru the cruiseline.

My favored line is Princess, and some of their EZAir fares have been great, especially one way fares to/from Europe. As an example, I'm flying to Barcelona later this year for a transatlantic cruise to Ft Lauderdale for a little over $500. I booked my own air from FLL to TPA with Southwest for a little over $100, so overall I feel my air expenses are decent for this upcoming trip.

Also thru Princess, earlier this year I flew home from Santiago, Chile at the end of a 32 day around-South America cruise for about $550.

Anyway, IMO, that's a possible option when seeking reasonable air fares associated with cruises.

Why not do a cruise that leaves out of Puerto Rico? I wouldn't think it would be to expensive to get there from Florida. Plus I think there's a southern Caribbean route. Have you been to more of the southern islands? That may be something new for you! Plus I've heard Puerto Rico in itself is quiet the treat to visit!!

I second that, kelkel2! There is a direct flight from Orlando to Puerto Rico that stays pretty consistent at about $220. You can't get to most of the islands down there unless you leave from PR. Definitely worth doing!

Typically the most competitive airfares are found from Orlando, Ft Lauderdale and sometimes Miami.

Orlando is very competitive from the aspect of tourists visiting the theme parks.

To Europe, Norwegian Air has some attractive fares from both Orlando and Ft Lauderdale. Note that their schedule is not everyday. Some are 2,3,4 or 5 days a week...so it may take some planning.

Frontier Airlines serves both Tampa and Orlando and offers some low fares.

Assuming you are done with the Caribbean, you might want to consider Bermuda or Canada from New York - probably a $200-$300 air R/T - very reasonable from the airlines' point of view -- how reasonable is OP's point of view?

Alternatively, a trans-Atlantic repositioning from the Mediterranean to Florida is fairly inexpensive - and can be paired with a $500+/- cruise air going over. Again, very "reasonable" by some definitions.

From your photos, perhaps you are retired? If so, have you considered doing a much longer cruise - one of several weeks or months? If you look at the prices, I would think you would be very surprised as they are often just a bit more than a 12 day cruise. In fact, many are so reasonable, it is cheaper to cruise than stay home!

From your photos, perhaps you are retired? If so, have you considered doing a much longer cruise - one of several weeks or months? If you look at the prices, I would think you would be very surprised as they are often just a bit more than a 12 day cruise. In fact, many are so reasonable, it is cheaper to cruise than stay home!

I know if I were retired, I would!!