Anyone suggest hotels near Ft. Lauderdale before boarding Oasis of the Seas?

FLCruiser25

We are looking for a nice hotel that can be on interstate in or within 1 hour drive of Ft. Lauderdale to stay the night before we board the Oasis of the Seas in January.

Can anyone suggest one? Some like a inside access holiday inn, comfort inn or Hampton inn that isn't over $200 a night. Hotels are so expensive in that area it looks like for January on hotels.com seemed they all ranged from 200-600 a night.

We will be parking at cruise terminal.

Edited by FLCruiser25

Don't go too cheap on hotels here in FL or else you'll regret it. I would not stay at a Comfort Inn down here (I live in Ft Laud).

Perhaps looking at hotels a little west of FLL or north can save you a few $$. But winter months are peak time here so I would also just accept that you will be paying more then normal and stay at a nice place. It's one night and it's VACATION!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by brenderlou

Our preferred hotel in FLL is Embassy Suites on SE17th St. The rooms are large, full breakfast and evening happy hour are included, and it is within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants.

We actually live in Florida so I know that hotels can be more expensive since so many snowbirds like to travel here during the winter to escape the snow. :D

All we care about is just having a inside access hotel without having to pay hundreds of dollars just for a overnight stay when we are passing by just to board a cruise ship. We don't travel to south florida that offen so we were quite surprised that hotels are so much more expensive down there compared to Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando. We live in North Florida.

Someone suggested we try the Port st. Lucie area which is about 1 hour away.

Our preferred hotel in FLL is Embassy Suites on SE17th St. The rooms are large, full breakfast and evening happy hour are included, and it is within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants.

I like that place as well by in-laws don't want to pay $260-350 for one night. I don't think we are going to be able to stay in Ft. Lauderdale. On hotels.com it's $335 a night so that one is out. :C

Don't go too cheap on hotels here in FL or else you'll regret it. I would not stay at a Comfort Inn down here (I live in Ft Laud).

Perhaps looking at hotels a little west of FLL or north can save you a few $$. But winter months are peak time here so I would also just accept that you will be paying more then normal and stay at a nice place. It's one night and it's VACATION!!!!

Totally agree. This is the start of your holiday. Having stayed at many hotels from budget to top end, but have now settled on and recommend the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood. It suits us perfectly.

I like that place as well by in-laws don't want to pay $260-350 for one night. I don't think we are going to be able to stay in Ft. Lauderdale. On hotels.com it's $335 a night so that one is out. :C

We used one of the sites that lets you name your own price and if you select 4* or better there are only a few hotels that you could get which are all decent hotels. Our bid of $155 was accepted. Mid March date.

I did some searching on hotels in the FLL area for a Friday arrival in Jan 2015, and found some good deals.

Example:

La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast

5727 North Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 3 star hotel, 3.5 out of 5 252 Reviews by TripAdvisor

$132 with

taxes & fees

Yes, I totally agree with brenderlou about not going too cheap. You may totally regret that.

I've never stayed that far away because we always fly into FLL so I can only recommend where we have been. I can recommend; Doubletree Gallery One Suites, Hilton Marina, and on the more expensive side would be the Lago Mar, and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.

We booked the Doubletree Gallery One Suites on LMT last summer for $118 for the 4 of us. If you call their number, they can get it even cheaper than what is posted. I had no issues with using that website last year and the hotel was great.

Best of luck on your planning,

:p

Edited by Esmerelda

Ours as well, and I didn't think that we paid that much for a room. Our last stay was in April, before boarding our TA. We were there last December, and I don't recall it being over $200 per night.

We love the managers cocktail reception, great free breakfast with eggs cooked to order, and many good restaurants within walking distance, as well as a grocery store, and BevMo, just a block away.:)

Rick

WOW...I've never paid more than 150 per night there, but then again, I've never been there in the winter

First off you're going in peak season.....

Second expand your horizons off of big huge booking sites and look at individual hotel sites too....

Third, UNDER $200 for a decent place to stay in JANUARY where there will likely be 6-8 ships per weekend day..OR MORE is NOT truly realistic....

Do NOT stay in the really cheap places....you'll be sorry.....

Also...do not compare rates that someone got in SUMMER in FLORIDA (where it is HOT and people tend to leave, hence lower rates) with NEXT JANUARY..when it's going to be cold and snowy in the North!

You're driving, so look a little away from Ft Lauderdale as well...and check the Fla board where this thread will end up...the question gets asked and answered 1000 times a day....

Does anyone have any opinions on the Hyatt Place and Hyatt Pier 66? I ask because I'm working on a project for my boss, who has helped with hotel accommodations in the past because he's got "more Hyatt points than he could use in his lifetime." (so cost isn't really an object)

We did not like Embassy Suites. We just stayed there on June 20. We thought it felt dirty and it was in need of refurbishing. We usually love Embassy Suites. We had reservations for our return stay, but cancelled them. We are now at the Marriott Harbor Beach and I would highly recommend it! Saturday night was $250 with a $25 resort credit as well. Tonight it is $229 with an additional $25 resort credit. Worth every penny! Resort is beautiful, and the food is top notch! 2 miles from the port

Sent from my iPhone

When we drive to FL for a cruise, we stay at Staybridge Suites in Plantation. It's about a half hour from the port, always been clean, has a very good breakfast, and offers free washers/dryers (since we are on the road for a few days, we always do a load). Typically we drive down in DEC/JAN/FEB and rooms (studios & 1 bedroom) have always run around $150-170/night.

I agree with you about most of the Comfort Inns and their lack of quality sometimes. I am business traveller for the past 34 years, now retired, I logged over 300 nights in all types of Choice hotels such as Comfort inns and Sleep Inns. The new Cambria Suites hotel line is superb for the money; you do take your chances with Quality Inns and other Comfort Inns.

It might be easier to help knowing your check in and out dates.

Friday, January 16th for 1 night. We just looked outside of Ft. Lauderdale within a 30 minute drive are some very nice places with inside access that aren't dumps for $150 a night that include free parking and a hot breakfast.

We aren't too picky, just want a safe and clean inside access hotel since all we are going to be doing is sleeping there and eat breakfast and drive to the cruise terminal. Our vacation starts when we walk on the ship so I don't need anything fancy before that. lol. Save my money for the cruise ship! We live in Florida so it's nothing new to us.

Coral Springs, Florida has alot and even West Palm Beach is cheaper than some of the places in Ft. Lauderdale.

If you guys really want to splurge you should check out the "Breakers" in West Palm Beach area. Will only cost you $1,100 a night! lol

Does anyone have any opinions on the Hyatt Place and Hyatt Pier 66? I ask because I'm working on a project for my boss, who has helped with hotel accommodations in the past because he's got "more Hyatt points than he could use in his lifetime." (so cost isn't really an object)

We have stayed at both and prefer the Hyatt Place. It is a little more up to date. Hyatt Place is very close (within walking distance) to a lot of places you might want to go, pizza restaurant, Outback, and a shoping area to pick up your last few items before boarding. Oh, and yes, Cold Stone Creamery too! :)

Tim

Bunch of hotels south of the airport. Cluster Griffin Rd and 95 as well as Sterling Rd and 95. They are mostly modest priced, new and clean (Cambria , Hampton inn, Fairmont inn). There is also a holiday inn express on us 1 just south of the airport. Most of these hotels were built in the last couple of years and the Holiday inn express opened within the last year.