Taxis at Port Everglades

annie39

Sorry if this has been asked already (the search feature was not working for me). Are there always taxis waiting when you depart the ship? I am just wondering if we need to make arrangements ahead of time. We will be getting off our RC cruise on a Sunday morning at an early time. Thanks for all your help!

Sorry if this has been asked already (the search feature was not working for me). Are there always taxis waiting when you depart the ship? I am just wondering if we need to make arrangements ahead of time. We will be getting off our RC cruise on a Sunday morning at an early time. Thanks for all your help!

Taxis will be lined up and waiting.....

I'm going to throw a caveat in here. In general, yes, taxis aren't a problem to get. However, that can somewhat depend on what pier you're in. I've stood in line for over an hour waiting for a taxi when we disembarked down in the pier 21/25 area (that point of land in the SE corner of the port where access is really kinda inadequate for the cruise traffic down there). We'd get 4 or 5 cabs, then wait for a long time, then another 4 or 5 with another long wait. And there were two lines feeding into the taxi boarding zone. I think it was a 7 ship day that day, so definitely a busier one.

There might be shuttle drivers trying to load cruisers. The drivers will walk the taxi line calling for people to go to the airport. Don't do it as the rate they say is per person. Usually 8-10$. You are better off paying the full car rate of the cabs. And they usually won't leave until their van is full.

I'm going to throw a caveat in here. In general, yes, taxis aren't a problem to get. However, that can somewhat depend on what pier you're in. I've stood in line for over an hour waiting for a taxi when we disembarked down in the pier 21/25 area (that point of land in the SE corner of the port where access is really kinda inadequate for the cruise traffic down there). We'd get 4 or 5 cabs, then wait for a long time, then another 4 or 5 with another long wait. And there were two lines feeding into the taxi boarding zone. I think it was a 7 ship day that day, so definitely a busier one.

Agreed!! When we got off Princess, we waited nearly 30 minutes for the 1st taxi to show up! It was another 15 min before we got in our taxi. The sheriff said it's because we were at the pier furthest away and they tend to forget about that pier.

Another caveat. Check and see how many ships are in port. We waited two hours in the sun and there never were any taxis picking up, only discharging. We ended up waking over to the private shuttle bus and paying the extra money. Unfortunately, We missed our flight by a few minutes.

Don't forget to factor in that Princess may not let you disembark on time. We were an hour delayed. We arranged for our flight to depart after 1 pm, but obviously, we needed more time. We will take the Princess transfer in the future.