What's The Name ??????

Last year, while wondering around Canada Place and the adjacent area, we spotted a pub- like restaurant that had patio seating that overlooked the bay and I can't think of its name. The restaurant was near a new area where the Subway sandwich place and a few other food places were being built. Does anyone know the name of the pub? Also, does anyone know if the food is any good?

Thanks in advance for the reply(ies).

Karen

Try Trip Advisor for this question. There are a couple of Vancouver experts who could probably tell you quite quickly what the name of the pub is.

There are a couple of excellent Vancouver experts right here on this board that have provided me with wonderful information in the past. :)

Sorry, I don't trust Trip Advisor too much as it can often times be too misleading. Rather go to trusted sources like the ones on this board --- I hope you understand.

Karen

Last year, while wondering around Canada Place and the adjacent area, we spotted a pub- like restaurant that had patio seating that overlooked the bay and I can't think of its name. The restaurant was near a new area where the Subway sandwich place and a few other food places were being built. Does anyone know the name of the pub? Also, does anyone know if the food is any good?

Thanks in advance for the reply(ies).

Karen

Probably Mahoney & Sons Public House. A faux Irish pub in the new Convention Centre

1596724631_ScreenShot2012-04-25at11_28_20AM.jpg.57c515b91c73c404883d8485140a2d22.jpg

Lion's Pub - just a block from the Pan Pacific. Fun place!:)

Probably Mahoney & Sons Public House. A faux Irish pub in the new Convention Centre

Both of these were the names I was going to drop but my hunch is the OP is speaking of Mahoney & Sons. Great food and awesome views!

The give away was the Subway which is about two doors away from Mahoney's.

A great spot to watch the harbour and see the cruise ships sail away in the evening.

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis -- I am a directionally challenged person; I can't tell you which way is north and which way is south. To me, looking ahead is always north --- so, I use landmarks as my guide. Happy for me that the "Subway" notation gave everyone a good clue.

Thanks.

Karen

Dennis -- I am a directionally challenged person; I can't tell you which way is north and which way is south. To me, looking ahead is always north --- so, I use landmarks as my guide. Happy for me that the "Subway" notation gave everyone a good clue.

Thanks.

Karen

In Downtown Vancouver, if you can see the mountains, you are looking North :D

In Downtown Vancouver, if you can see the mountains, you are looking North :D

So how come the "West End" is North of just about all of Vancouver except for Dusty Greenwell Park ?

Don't get me started ? lol

I think we covered that subject once before but unless you are politically correct it is generally accepted as stated - they are called the North Shore Mountains with both the District and City of North Vancouver for a reason.

Cheers

Dennis

We highjacked the thread Dennis. I do believe it was a discussion over which side of Canada Place was North side. I thought that the North Side was the North side but was corrected. :)

I concur the Mtns are North Shore Mtns for a good reason.

Archived