Has anyone used shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com

cprofits

which is advertised at the top of the cruise critic page periodically? I've posted on my roll call asking to share shore excursions and have had no response. Our cruise is in July and we are past final payment so I would think people would be making their arrangements. Unfortunately, our roll call is very quiet and does not have a lot of posts. I'd like to plan shore excursions for Rome and Florence and there are just the two of us so 900 euros for both is expensive.

I went to http://www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

If you don't hear much nor can find much info, why not go with some of the others that have tons of reviews here? In the end advertiser and operators cand be dime a dozen. I ended up choosing vendors with lots of reviews even if they were 20-50 dollars more. Just wasn't worth bothering IMHO.

Good luck planning, the tours "are" the most important decision IMHO, right up with the port lineup.

which is advertised at the top of the cruise critic page periodically? I've posted on my roll call asking to share shore excursions and have had no response. Our cruise is in July and we are past final payment so I would think people would be making their arrangements. Unfortunately, our roll call is very quiet and does not have a lot of posts. I'd like to plan shore excursions for Rome and Florence and there are just the two of us so 900 euros for both is expensive.

I went to www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

I am trying to find someone to share the tours with. That was the point of the website, they match up people to share private tours with. I'd love to go with the usual guides who get fantastic reviews here but there are just the two of us and if we do this in Rome, Naples and Florence, that would be almost 1500 euros. But thanks for your thoughts.

If you don't hear much nor can find much info, why not go with some of the others that have tons of reviews here? In the end advertiser and operators cand be dime a dozen. I ended up choosing vendors with lots of reviews even if they were 20-50 dollars more. Just wasn't worth bothering IMHO.

Good luck planning, the tours "are" the most important decision IMHO, right up with the port lineup.

Did you try the rollcalls here? We had good luck finding two additional couples for our trip. IMHO 6 is almost ideal for many of the van vehicles.

Good luck!

I am trying to find someone to share the tours with. That was the point of the website, they match up people to share private tours with. I'd love to go with the usual guides who get fantastic reviews here but there are just the two of us and if we do this in Rome, Naples and Florence, that would be almost 1500 euros. But thanks for your thoughts.

Chipmaster: he said he had tried

I've posted on my roll call asking to share shore excursions and have had no response.

cprofits: thanks for the site - will look into it for our cruise, as we get closer (in Nov)

I used www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com. The reason you won't find any reviews is because our group was the first one to do a tour of Naples (April 25, 2010) with them as it seems they are expanding from their services in Rome. We were eight in our group and did the tour of Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano. Our driver was Fulvio and he was wonderful. We added a tour guide for Pompeii, that's the only place you will need it. We were very pleased with the company, the driver was ontime and courteous and polite, and we had an excellent time. I can highly recommend the company.

Thanks,

Magali (Navigator of the Seas, 4/24/10)

I went to www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We used Share A Shore Excursion in Italy (shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com) 2 weeks ago in Rome. I was very, very impressed. It was the best tour of all of our shore excursions. Daniele, one of the owners, was our guide. We departed the ship 15 minutes prior to our meeting time and he was already waiting for us. He was articulate, professional, friendly, funny, and incredibly knowledgeable. He got us tickets to the Colosseum and the Vatican ahead of time so we were able to bypass the long, long lines and walk right in. We left the pier ahead of the buses used by the ship sponsored tours, so managed to stay ahead of much of the traffic. Daniele is Italian, but was raised in Toronto until he was 8 years old, so he speaks EXCELLENT English without a heavy accent. I was totally impressed with how much we were able to see on a very busy day in Rome (the pope was giving an audience.) My only regret is that we had already booked ship's tours for Florence and Naples, so we were unable to use Share a Shore Excursion in Italy for those two ports. If you want more information, feel free to email me at: sloshel@yahoo.com I recommend them highly!!!!

We used shareashoreexcursion for our excursion in Florence. The gentleman that picked us up was a great driver, funny and had a lot to tell us about the different areas we visited. On the minus side, he didn't go into any sites with us to point out special points of interest. Confirmation and payment was convoluted. Overall, our experience was good.

Edited by Grannycb

We also used shareashoreexcursion also. We posted to share the 'Roman Countryside Tour' but no one joined in, so we took a private tour with Daniele as our driver. We have taken several private tours on our cruises and they are by far the most professional.

We also used shareashoreexcursion also. We posted to share the 'Roman Countryside Tour' but no one joined in, so we took a private tour with Daniele as our driver. We have taken several private tours on our cruises and they are by far the most professional.

Did you have to pay the "group of 2" price or were you offered a reduced rate because no-one else joined the group?

Michel-

We posted on 'shareatour', but no one joined neither on our RollCall. We paid the 2pers rate(450)....which is on par with all other tour operators. We prefer a 4person group but enjoy the freedom being only 2 gives us. They will modify the tour to suite you. Having spent 1wk precruise last June in Rome, we chose the Roman Countryside Tour...Tivoli was especially beautiful.

We used them for a Pisa/Florence tour in May. Our roll call had 16 participants so we had two vans but each went as separate tours so there was never any waiting for the others. We had rain in Pisa but the driver did his best to get us close to the highlights. He was quite knowledgeable. On the way to Florence we stopped in an agricultural area to enjoy the views. Besides the lower cost, the smaller vans were able to close to the sites for pick up and drop off while the ships tours used large buses that could not always get as close which meant longer walks and time waisted.

Wayne S

• 4 weeks later...

Have you had any success in reaching them? I emailed them and got no response and then tried a day later and couldn't email. It seems like a good service as I am traveling solo and it would help to defray some of the cost and have travel mates who are interested in the same things.

I went to http://www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

I heard from the this morning...you can share with people on other ships who are in port the same day, same time. They will pick you up 15 min. apart. They suggested positing on the ships in ports Cruisse Connection. Hope this is helpful

• 5 weeks later...

My husband and I used the services of Share-A-Shore Excursion along with another couple we met through Cruise Critic this past June in the port of Civitavecchia for our excursion to Rome. All I can say is that our driver, Roberto, was excellent! His knowledge of Rome and its history was amazing, his talent for bringing everything to life was inspiring and he seemed to have a true passion for his country and for his work which made it a very enjoyable experience for us.

Roberto was always on time, professional and was also fun to be with for the day. His English was extremely good and we had no trouble understanding him whatsoever. It was only too bad that he couldn't join us at some of the venues as he would have been an excellent guide for us. His driving skills were impressive – he knew the highways and roads very well along with how to drop off and pick-up his passengers without getting into trouble (you have to visit Rome to understand!)

All in all, we had an extremely enjoyable day in Rome and it was definitely the highlight of my whole experience on the Brilliance of the Seas (Mediterranean cruise) and much of that is owed to Roberto. I will definitely return to Rome one day!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife and I were on the Norwegian Jade October 24 - 31, 2010. We used Share a Shore Excursion for a tour of the Amalfi coast and Pompeii and must say it was a terrific day. We were in a group of eight people and the day went so smoothly. We were scheduled to meet our tour guide/driver at 8:00 am in Naples. We wondered out at about 7:35 and our driver was there sign in hand. It was as if we were meeting a friend we hadn't seen for a long time.

Following is the feedback we sent to ShareAShoreExcursion after returning home. There actually were so many more positives that we took from the tour but hopefully the following captures our experience.

"I must first say that our experience with your company was top class.

Stephanie, our tour guide/driver, was perfect. She is very knowledgeable, very friendly and also entertaining. She was open and flexible but also able to keep our group organized and moving forward. She expertly navigated through traffic and made the tour something extra special. She made sure that everyone got a chance to sit close to the windows during the tour of the Amalfi Coast, all the time doing this without people even realizing she was doing it. She readily volunteered to take group photos for everyone and the fact is she felt like part of our group. At the end of the tour it was like saying good bye to a good friend. In fact, we couldn't help but feel sadness, with the knowledge that in all probability we were saying goodbye for ever.

The tour was a personal experience for us. There was never the impression that Stephanie was reciting from a script. Instead we felt she was showing us around her home. Around every corner there was something for Stephanie to tell us or to ask us or to share with us. It is hard to believe that the next day she was probably doing the same thing with another group. It felt as if she was doing something special just for us.

To help you in the future my wife and I have tried to think of anything that could be improved but we can't find a negative memory. On the day of the tour even the weather was perfect so we can't even complain about that! The vehicle was clean, the seatbelts and doors worked and the glass was clear. (On a tour with another company in another port, although also a great day, I did find chewing gum and papers stuffed into an ashtray from the previous day's group. It was a very minor thing but it did stick in my mind.) We had nothing even that trivial with your company."

Our experience with Staphanie was essentially the same as reported in the post above. Nothing but good to say in spite of the fact that our tour day started off in the pouring rain. An excellent service - highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

The Insignia docked at Livorno on Nov 1 where our guide Daniele was waiting dockside. Arrangements had been made for a tour to San Gimignano and Volterra. We had been to Florence and Pisa on an earlier cruise. Our experience with this organization was outstanding. There were 2 of us and we shared a van with 6 other people reducing the price the ship asked for a similar tour by half.

Daniele did a great job. He suggested we make a stop at Lucca on the way as there was enough time.... This was not part of the listed itinerary but well worth the visit. The ship offered a seperate tour to Lucca at additional cost.

Driving through the Tuscan countryside, Daniele told us about the history of the area, it's importance and numerous stories of a humorous nature. Nothing boring on this trip. On the way to San G, we talked about what to do for lunch. It was suggested that we visit a winery for a "tasting lesson" while we ate. We all agreed to take advantage of this unexpected opportunity.

Daniele made a quick phone call and shortly thereafter we were at a family owned estate winery where the owner, Pierluigi welcomed us. The vineyard was in his family since 1720 and was magnificent.

You would have to be there to appreciate the experience. Numerous wines to taste while enjoying a salad, cheese, cold cuts, home baked bread and dessert. Luigi provided the entertainment as we went through the proper method for wine tasting. It was like being present at a medieval comedy. Oh what fun we had! After hugs and kisses for the girls, we continued on our way to San Gimignano, singing songs and telling jokes along the way .

After visiting San G, we proceeded on to Volterra passing vineyards and people harvesting chestnuts. A simply amazing day. We were back at the ship before those going to Florence returned. This day was one of the best memories of the trip. I only regret that I hadn't discovered Share a Shore Excursion in Italy earlier and used them in other ports-of-call on our journey.

I am posting this here so others can enjoy the same kind of day that our small group did. Now, it's time for a glass of wine from the Tenuta Torciano Winery. The case I ordered from Luigi arrived today. Ciao ~~ Laughsalot

• 2 months later...

i started 2 groups on their website hoping to get at least 8 people! hopefully by july the group will fill up! my fingers are crossed:)

i went to that cruisett website & they had the carnival magic port dates wrong... (i double checked with carnival), i let them know so they can correct it.

i hear great things about their service, so i'm taking a leap of faith!

i started 2 groups on their website hoping to get at least 8 people! hopefully by july the group will fill up! my fingers are crossed:)

i went to that cruisett website & they had the carnival magic port dates wrong... (i double checked with carnival), i let them know so they can correct it.

i hear great things about their service, so i'm taking a leap of faith!

You may do better using one of the standard driver guide services and do tour sharing within your roll call. I was going to take the train from Livorno to Florence. I just noticed that trains back from Florence to Livorno don't run as frequently on Sundays (when Carnival Magic has its day in port). If you miss the 3:27 pm train, you may as well forget about making it back to the ship because the 4:27 doesn't run on Sundays.

Currently, we could join a smaller group with this company and pay 86 euros per person (train is 26 euros per person when adding in round trip taxi). It just seems kind of high. The vendor I used last year is giving us an option for eight people for 500 euros or 62,50 per person. That makes more sense. But I would have to fill up the remaining four spaces and the roll call is basically dead. But I figure that if I can't fill those four slots, we'll take the train and just be extra careful about not missing that train.

thanks:) my roll call isn't very active, but there's still time. i'm truly considering cancelling my ship excursion for Naples & just hop on the train to Herculaneum.. then i can easily ( i'm told!) hop on a boat ride to tour the Amalfi coast or continue on the train to Sorrento.

Edited by lucyintheskywithdiamonds

Many seasoned travelers have posted warnings about taking the train to Florence! it's a long way back to the ship! that's why i'm gonna splurge & bite the bullet for an excursion; however, i only have to pay for myself,, if my family was with me it would be too expensive.

Edited by lucyintheskywithdiamonds

• 2 months later...

Just returned from a May 2011 Med Cruise. We used shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com to arrange independent tours in Rome/Civitivecchia and Livorno/Florenece & Pisa.

Everything went great, our party was met at the dock on time and we had wonderful tours. The vehicles were clean, the drivers friendly and knowledgable. Would have no problem using their service again.

We used their service successfully to arrange round-trip transportation to Florence, as most of the other tours were packaging a trip to Pisa which we weren't interested in. Once we started the group, it filled quickly with 2 other couples from our roll call, and a 4th couple from our cruise who just found us online. Our driver got us there and back on time, and was pleasant in his dealings with us. Would have liked to see more of Tuscany, but traffic was making him uneasy, and everyone really wanted to spend as much time in Florence as they could. That said, it was a good experience and I would certainly use them again.