Boston Excursion to Sam Adams Brewery

jazzyblonde

My husband and I are cruising on Caribbean Princess at the end of September and are docking in Boston on a Monday. We want to try to go to the Sam Adams Brewery for a tour and think we can manage it via public transportation with a short walk (10 mins?) to bus stop in order to get to Subway. Being totally unfamiliar with the port, we're wondering if this is a reasonable plan or should we just pay for a cab? Any advice is appreciated.

You can walk off the ship and pick up the Silver Line on Black Falcon Ave. This will take you to South Station where you transfer to the Red Line direction Alewife and take any train 1 stop to Downtown Crossing (get on the first car of the train). Transfer to the Orange Line direction Forest Hills and go to the Stony Brook station and walk to the brewery. The trip should take about an hour.

Harpoon Brewery is within walking distance. We asked our trolley tour driver to drop us there instead of the ship and then walked back. We had just missed the tour, but they let us do the tasting which was fun. I would google their site if interested to get the times.

Archived