Best place to buy jewelry for the best deal?

FriendlyFishFinders

As you have supposed.....DI is NOT the place to go.....where you DO go depends on a lot of variables. Here is my take:

The internet has made the world a very small place. You can order nearly anything you want and prices are low. Do you really trust someone thousands of miles from home with a huge purchase? what if something goes wrong? What if you don't get what you paid for? Buy a nice bobble/memento while in Antigua, but save your major purchases for back home....where you can get service after the sale.

• 1 month later...
Preferably not recommended by the cruise ship like diamond international. Looking to find a beautiful piece to remember back on. Any suggestions in Antigua?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When our daughter turned 18 we bought her a little 3 stone diamond ring from Diamonds International in St. Maarten. We were told jewelry finds were good there. When we got home I took it to two different jewelers to have it appraised. They both commented on the setting and how nice it was. The ring appraised for double what we paid for it. Diamonds International is based out of New York city. That is just my two cents. I've never been to Antigua so this year will be our first trip. I only know that Diamonds International really did right by us and they do barter with the prices. My husband bought me a beautiful anniversary band at that same store two years ago and when we brought it home and had it appraised it appraised for the price we purchased it for. It is something I wear everyday, like our daughter and I will always remember that trip and the time we spent together purchasing it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Tigers2425