What Piano Players Are On What Ships?

jessemon

We just had kory Simon on the Oosterdam. He had a very good following.

We also had Sallie Scruggs playing dinner music on the piano in the Crow's Nest. She was also very good.

Our favorite was The Sean Bell Trio in the Ocean Bar for dancing before and after dinner.:)

Tommy Starks is playing on the Zaandam now. He's pretty good---has an extensive repetoire and excellent keyboard skills.

Not the best singer, but altogether a good way to spend the evening.

He gets a RuthC:) recommendation.

We had Randall on the world cruise in 2005 and loved him! Quite a character!

Does anyone know who will be the piano player on the 2007 world cruise?

We know that Randall reads this site, so maybe he will request that cruise.

WCB

WCB

Randall told us last month that he is leaving at the end of the year to join the cast of the musical "Hairspray". He said he is stating to feel burned out on the ships and thinks it's time to move on. We sure wish him the best.

is on Noordam. He was great last fall on the Massdam. I hope is still there next August for our Alaska cruise.

I wonder how his off season performance went? I belive he was performing in a production of Hairspray.

"OOPS"

The person you mentioned was missing in your post.

Just read the thread backwards and I think it was Randell?

is on Noordam. He was great last fall on the Massdam. I hope is still there next August for our Alaska cruise.

I wonder how his off season performance went? I belive he was performing in a production of Hairspray.

Randall put off joining the cast to put in another stint as pianoman on the Noordam. He swears he's committed to the show after the first of the year.

Just a quick question for those of you who love "Piano Bars" and have sailed on HAL recently.

What piano players were on your cruise?

Just got off the msAMSTERDAM yesterday. The piano bar playeer was Laree Gibson. She also was a very good singer. It was her first contract with HAL. HAL should definitely stick with her as she gave us some very entertaining evenings.

I too had JP on several HAL cruises. Once on the Ryndam and once on the Veendam. Liked him too. Wonder if the one poster is correct and is no longer with HAL.

Great that people are letting everyone know who is playing where on the HAL ships.

I'm sure we all have our faves.

WCB

WCB- According to what Randall said to me on the last cruise on the Noordam, he is planning to head to shore after December-January. He mentioned a show that he's going to be performing in SF as well as a new CD! I had so much fun with him, gotta love his costumes as well as his exceptional talent.:D

P.S. Plus the man said I didn't look old enough to be in my forties....gotta love a man like that!;)

We just returned from a 16 day Prinsendam - Cradle of Civilization - Oct 1 to Oct 17. In the Crow's Nest, there was a pianist/vocalist new to HAL. His name is Buddy Mitchell. He is a real talent - heck of a fun guy and an ENTERTAINER. He was a part of our every evening on this great cruise.

Kay in Las Vegas

Does anybody know who is on the Veendam now? We are on this next weekend and the Piano Bar is one of our favorite places! I hope Fritzie isn't still there. I don't know her but she doesn't sound well liked.

On our Westerdam cruise in December there was a rather unlikeable guy who did a lot of Elvis. I don't remember his name but he wasn't very good, either in talent or personality. On our Ryndam cruise to the Mexican Riviera last year there was a great woman, unfortunately I don't remember her name either.... I'm pretty worthless with names. She was funny and got everybody participating. She had a throaty voice and made up funny lyrics to a lot of standards. If anybody knows who I am talking about and remembers her name and if she is still with HAL, please let me know!!

Mary

Archived