What is your fav. Souvenir you got on a cruise

BigTee2000

My favorite souvenir to purchase on a cruise is t-shirts and I usually always come home with at least 10 new shirts. But my favorite shirt that I've ever bought come from onboard. It is a Carnival shirt with a picture of all the ships on the back.....its probably been washed at least 100 times and I've had to sew it up a couple times ;) but it still remains as my favorite

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

On our second cruise my wife and I visited Wassi Arts pottery works in Ocho Rios and picked up lovely, matching coffee cups.

The "Corona" bowl on the right was given to every passenger on the inaugural voyage of the Crown Princess.

coffeeCups.jpg.9102b4b6c8173fa758c06cb7f2648ddb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My favorite souvenirs from different trips:

_ map of Caribbean islands from San Juan, now framed and hanging in our kitchen

_ beautiful aplique square of fabric from Panama, also framed

_ painted feather from Costa Rica

_ watercolor picture of two Indian girls we bought from a street artist in Panama City

_ an interesting shell I found on Princess Cays beach. I did not know it had a locator until something crawled out of it in my suitcase

_ a necklace and earrings set made of pink shell from St. Thomas

And of course countless photos from.each location.

Sent from Kindle using Tapatalk.

• 4 months later...
Just ask any of the cashiers. Sometimes they'll reach into their own pockets to trade with you :D (they did this in Grand Cayman for my DD who collects foreign currency, she got some from all 4 ports this last cruise - Labadee, Haiti, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Jamaica). This is her favorite souvenir!

Almost next to impossible to get the currency in St Maarten on the French side. We tried asking cashiers but they refused and were very rude about it. Ended up at a a currency exchange place. It took a couple of tries on the Dutch side but we finally were able to get a bill and a coin.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
A photo of my wife, Captain and Mrs. Robin Woodall (Master of QE2) and me talking with the last living passenger of the Titanic, Minerva Dean, on a world cruise aboard QE2.

Wow thats hard to beat.

I have a cabin key and the fob from my QE2 trip. Supposed to hand them in but it was in my evening purse which was packed away, they didnt seem to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I love picking up fridge magnets!!

I kept the two large plastic palm-tree shaped cups we got pina coladas in at Cozumel. Wish I had thought to get some sand to put in them. That was our fave port of our first (and only so far) cruise and we had so much fun that day. The BF loves to tease me for keeping them, but I keep them on top of our fridge and I love thinking about it whenever I see them. I think I am going to start a new tradition of getting sand and small shells from wherever we go and layering it inside.

We also picked up a trivet in Isla Roatan. It's made up of different native woods (allegedly... we got it at the port cruise center, so who knows!) and it's very pretty. It folds up so it was easy to bring back. I do actually use it but it's also pretty enough to leave just sitting out. Also made for a great souvenir to bring back for my mom and sister.

I love reading through everyone's different ideas!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
My favorite is the ships also, BUT the ones I've been getting on the 3 different ships I've been on aren't ceramic, they are $25 each and are a very heavy plastic mold. I like to have the captain sign them.

That is what i got on RCL EOS. I will take Grandeur next cruise. I hope they scale the ship to match, i would not be happy if they use a generic ship and just put sticker on it with the name of the ship you are on.

Anyone know?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There are generally three types of souvenirs I'll buy when I go on cruises: magnets of ships or places visited, lapel pins of the ports visited, or cruise ship coffee mugs. But you asked for the favorite souvenirs: I would say that THE favorite souvenirs I've bought weren't mugs, magnets, or lapel pins: they were the Hawaiian shirts I bought on Maui on a Carnival Spirit cruise I took in October '01. Why were they my favorites? Because they lasted a very long time on my body and in my closet--over a decade! Another favorite souvenir: a watch I bought on St. Maarten back in '08: I'm still wearing it--a Citizen watch. A third favorite: a Celebrity lanyard that holds my SmarTrip Card for DC Metro, bought several years ago from its Gifts and Gear online gift shop. A fourth favorite are the Freebies: T-shirts I've won in team trivia contests on Millennium in '05-06, and a plastic trophy of the Carnival Spirit I won for playing Pictionary on the trip back to the Mainland in October '01: my very first trophy! I still have it after nearly 15 years. Again, the best souvenirs are the ones that last awhile and you can still look at them on a lanyard or in a display bag: lapel pins. Why? Because they're small, inexpensive, and portable. They're also tradable, but you have to know what you want in exchange for what you're swapping, which is why I don't trade. However, if I find somebody to trade with onboard my trip on Silhouette in a few months, I might swap something he or she has for something I have, but I have to remember to bring what I have aboard in the first place! Ditto for magnets: they're small, inexpensive and portable. The problem with coffee mugs is that they're heavy and they're fragile, so I'll only buy them when I cruise the Caribbean. But I made an exception when I bought two beautiful Venetian wine goblets in that city on a cruise in 2011 when I visited it on Solstice. I'm saving them for a special occasion: they cost a bundle in Euros!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I buy strong magnet clips-- they come in handy in my classroom.

I also love to buy ornaments.

I also love cheesy stuffed animals, so I have a Funship Freddy that comes with me on Carnival cruises and the cabin attendants always comment on him and use him with the towel animals. I also put any pins I receive on his little t-shirt.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about doing a Build a Bear on my next cruise.

• 1 month later...
I buy strong magnet clips-- they come in handy in my classroom.

I also love to buy ornaments.

I also love cheesy stuffed animals, so I have a Funship Freddy that comes with me on Carnival cruises and the cabin attendants always comment on him and use him with the towel animals. I also put any pins I receive on his little t-shirt.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about doing a Build a Bear on my next cruise.

We have a stuffed dolphin we take with us. We take pics of him on his "vacation".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think I commented years ago, as in 2010, that my Mexican Fire Opal ring was my favorite and still is. I got it in Mazatlan, Mexico in January 2000 for just under $200. That was my purchase that cruise. :) We had been in Cabo San Lucas the previous day and the fire opal rings there ranged from $400 - $600. :eek: Way out of my price range, so was happy to see more reasonable prices in Mazatlan. I now have a picture to include. There are a few other favorites I have as well: pictures I take while on cruises, Christmas ornaments from ports, and I also enjoy collecting handfuls (small sandwich baggie) of sea shells (all empty, no living critters) if there are any on the beaches. We mainly cruise Carnival and it was never an issue to bring some collected shells back onto the ship, but Carnival changed their rules and sea shells collected in ports are now "illegal contraband" and there are many reports from people that have had them confiscated when getting back on the ships from ports. But I have yet to find anything as unique and special as my Mexican Fire Opal ring...17 years and five cruises later, it's still my favorite.

Mexican Fire Opal ring:

20160614_151110.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Idk if you can get any on a cruise ship but I remember someone I met on a cruise in Europe who collected patches from different places he had been to. He had them sewn on his backpack. He gave us a patch from where he was from, which was so nice of him. I thought that was a neat way to remember different places you've experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Magnets, fav is a crab from Nassau. Each leg has another magnet so we put it on the front door to hold all sorts of notes in the morning :)

Flip Flops. I wear them a couple times on vacation. I should decorate the wall with all of them as they show the country visited.