Dreamer Catamaran Sail & Snorkel

CruisinQueen2013

Hi all - we booked this excursion through the cruise line for our upcoming Navigator of the Seas cruise and was wondering if anyone had done this recently. I found some reviews but they are all a couple of years old and would love comments from someone who has gone recently.

I know it's a 30 min + bus ride to the boat in Montego Bay but I've heard some negative comments about Montego Bay not being safe and just wanted to know what others have experienced. We'll be traveling with our 2 year old daughter so safety is a big concern.

• 2 months later...

No idea to be honest! There was space for everyone to move about, and go from the seated area, to the canvas area, easily. Some of the crew were doing foot massages free for the ladies if wanted. We have booked it again for our Oasis cruise this May. I do have pics but unsure how to post them on here....

• 5 months later...
We did end up taking this excursion a couple of weeks ago and had a great time, definitely would do again. We had about 40 people onboard, still plenty of room to move around.

Thank you....was just going to post asking about this tour but you've answered my questions!

• 7 months later...

We took this excursion in March 2015 and had a blast. We had our 3 year old with us and there were a handful of other kids as well. There was a fair bit of dancing and some folks having a drink or two but didn't see any drugs at all. We also didn't see anyone get hammered - it was pretty warm so there was a lot of water being consumed.

Again, we had our 3 year old with us and never had concerns, I would say it's definitely family friendly. I would say it's a PG rated party. :)

Edited by CruisinQueen2013

For those that have taken small children on this excursion is there life vest/ floating devices for the children to use in the water?

How deep is the water when snorkeling?

And do they have those glass viewers instead of snorkels for those who rather not use the snorkels (kids)?

Thanks!

We took our then 2 year old and yes, they do have life vests but we didn't know that prior so we brought our own. I would say if you have ones your kids are used to it would be good to bring them. I'm not sure how well she would have done with the ones they have.

Its a catamaran so you can't see under the water while on board and I only saw snorkels being provided. The water where we stopped was about 12 feet deep.

We took our 2.5 year old daughter and she had a blast. They played island-type music and she had fun dancing. They also show you birds and a few things from the ocean and she liked that. When we stopped to snorkel, my husband snorkeled for 10 mins or so by himself and then I sent her out with him (I was 6 months pregnant at the time so I stayed on the boat). We put a life jacket on her (we brought our own) and the crew helped her down the ladder into the water. She played in the ocean for about 15 mins but didnt actually snorkel. The snorkel stop was only about 30-40 mins so it went by pretty quick. She really enjoyed the boat ride too and the photographer came over and took pictures of her a few times (they show them to you on an ipad and you can order what you want). She definitely wasnt bored.