Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic

Old March 6th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post Brits Will Make Financial Sacrifices To Carry On Cruising, Survey Reveals

Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Brits Will Make Financial Sacrifices To Carry On Cruising, Survey Reveals

Read the entire news article...

Old March 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
More disturbingly, a number of cruisers, the report said, were keen to see Elvis, Frank Sinatra and Les Dawson on board, all of whom are dead.
Okay,
I do not know if I should Laugh or Cry at that

Old March 6th, 2010, 05:20 PM
10,000+ Club

I am not one of the 28% who would cut back to cruise. Cruise within your means is what I say.

MOS - E - Bartender And Stewart Trainee And Recreation Director First Class (With Hons) & England Goodwill Ambassador
Member # 006.4C WGIG
Proud member of ROS NUTZ2KKlub

Past cruises:
May 14 - Celebrity Solstice - AlaskaApril 13 -Independence of the Seas Transatlantic,October 12 - Jewel of the Seas - New England ,October 11- Adventure of the Seas - Portugal, August 11 - Emerald Princess - The Baltics April 11- Independence of the Seas - Ireland October 10 Thomson Dream - Highlights of the Med, July 10 Balmoral - Spitzbergen, May 09 Seranade of the Seas - Alaska, Nov 08 P&O Artemis - Panama Canal, July 08 Queen Elizabeth 2 - Belgium & Holland,Nov 07 Monarch of the Seas - Baja Cruise, Oct 07 Vision of the Seas - Mexican Riviera, Oct 07 Norwegian Gem - Shakedown, May 07 Fred Olsen Braemar - Dutch Weekend, Oct 06 P&O Arcadia - Spirit of the Caribbean, Nov 05 Radiance of the Seas - W Caribbean, Nov 05 Radiance of the Seas - E Caribbean, May 04 Norwegian Dream - Mediterranean, Apr 03 Norwegian Sun - W Caribbean

Old March 6th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Is it really necessary to use the phrase "Brits"?

Britons, or the British, are far more acceptable.

Old March 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

I think it's a great pity they omitted RCI, as I they would have a got a more balanced view, especially as one of the line's biggest ships IOS sails from UK waters and is very popular.

No surprise that itinerary trumps ship, as we are an island nation and like nothing better than getting in a boat and exploring strange new worlds - go anywhere in the world and you will find some brits already encamped, it's a throw-back to our empire-building days, but mainly because we live on an island, so have to go abroad to get anywhere.

having said all this, I think brits are becoming more discerning as regards ships, ie the more cruises they take, the more the ship's facilities takes on a greatre emphasis - we have found this to be the case with us. Started off just using the ship as a method of transport, but now enjoy those cruise days more than ever, especially on a busy itinerary. Rocks walls and flowriders I can see will have only minimal attraction, but talk about bars and you'll get our attention straight away!

With the recession and the cold winter we've had, I'm not surprised people are unwilling to give up their cruises - or, any holiday for that matter, even if it means scrimping and saving to pay for it, or going without other things - we have to have something to look forard to, for goodness sake!

Old March 7th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swath View Post
Okay,
I do not know if I should Laugh or Cry at that
Well, it suggests the question was about fantasy acts, rather like asking you which interesting people you would like to have dinner with and you answer, Ghandi, Edith Piaf and Adolf Hitler.

Old March 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Well, it suggests the question was about fantasy acts, rather like asking you which interesting people you would like to have dinner with and you answer, Ghandi, Edith Piaf and Adolf Hitler.
Well that was my first reaction to the the Article

Old March 8th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by News Article
A third (31 percent) like to travel with mainly British passengers
I wonder what could be behind that xenophobic like mind set SAD