Farewell my CC friends, from chesterh

chesterh

My Mom was also, as you say, "a breeding ground for cancer." Why, with all the information and knowledge we have, is this disease still taking so many beloved and innocent human beings? MD Anderson is a wonderful cancer hospital, but my Mom would not leave the state of Florida to visit their doctors. I do not know if they could help you, but I know that if they could you would give them a try. I wish you only love and determination, hoping that you can somehow get a miracle! Sending kind thoughts and prayers along with everyone in the Cruise Critic community...

I remember fondly your first cruises, and your epic posts and reviews, and you should be proud that you have such a fine legacy to leave us all here at CC

Hoping you have a smooth sailing in your journey to come

Srpilo

Chester, thinking good thoughts for you and wishing you Peace. I remember

reading your book and how it always put a smile on my face.

Take care my friend.

Edited by Lois R

Without doubt the finest post I have ever read on CC. Sure puts the monotonous "I'm ticked off XYZ brand is no longer included in the free beverage package" or "the service is not as good as it used to be" kind of posts into perspective. :roll eyes:

God bless you chesterh

Dear ChesterH, I have so enjoyed your trip reports in the past. I know you seem like a close friend or family member to those of us who lurk on cruise critic for our reading enjoyment. So as a family member I say to you, be strong, your cruise family is here and we support you. This life is but a blip in our existence and you have wonderful memories to hold dear. Imagine how fantastic and incredible the cruises in the next life will be! We will be looking for your trip report, ChesterH!

I recall reading your posts way back when I was first considering joining Cruise Critic. Back then, I thought you sounded like my kind of guy. You still do. Keep living life on your terms. And thanks for sharing your humor and experience with us; both have been greatly appreciated, even by those of us who read more than post.

My very best wishes to you and your family.

Kirsten

May your journey have wings and bring you to where the sea meets the sky. May your family be rich in memories and wrapped in love by all you are.

May the Angels lift you up and help you heal should that be possible.

I will miss your writings. You will be in my prayers.

We've never met in person, but I hold you in my heart. I treasure my autographed copy of "What Time IsThe Midnight Buffet?" You are in my prayers.

Garry

Edited by gkm

Your trip reports were what hooked me onto Cruise Critic one wet Sunday afternoon when I was planning a cruise. I felt I knew you and your family through them and even on that first read, having cruised a few times before I felt yep, this guy gets it

Sadly the guy got something else as well and I thank you for coming here so openly and telling us and I hope you get strength in the coming times from the messages of support you find here now.

Whatever the rocky road ahead throws at you, we will be thinking of you and your family and I hope you are still able to visit these pages for many times to come

Chesterh,

All my thoughts and prayers are with you. I often think back to the good old days of when I first joined Cruise Critic back in 2003 and so many posters that were so entertaining and informative such as yourself. A few others that come to mind are Duck, Danno, Goldring.

God Bless you and you family. Thanks for all the laughs along the way.

Anne Maria