Dress code Versailles - STAR

salvat55

I will be sailing the STAR to Bermuda Sept 2.

What is the dress code for the Versailles dining room for breakfast

and lunch? Is it any different for lunch on embarkation day?

Shorts are just fine for breakfast and lunch.

I was on the Star in May. During lunch and dinner I also saw people wearing shorts. During dinner you are not supposed to wear shorts in Versailles. I did see NCL turn away one gentleman that had on shorts for dinner.

I think that the lunch menu is the same every day.

I will be sailing the STAR to Bermuda Sept 2.

What is the dress code for the Versailles dining room for breakfast

and lunch? Is it any different for lunch on embarkation day?

We will be on the same sailing. It's getting close. We sailed on the Star last year and the dress was comfortable and casual. My husband brought one pair of khakis and wore them to dinner a couple of times. He wore shorts the first night and jeans a couple of nights. We loved the Star and look forward to being back on. There is a meet and greet planned. You may want to check out the roll call if you haven't.

We love the Star - our favorite ship. We have sailed on her 4 times, including one time with Toyotaford who has replied to your question here.

Versailles is casual for breakfast and lunch and resort casual for dinner. We've never seen anyone turned away (that doesn't mean it does not happen) but we tend to play by the rules.

They used to ask for no jeans in the dining room for the evening meal but they don't even ask that anymore.

Have a great cruise!

I think the level of dress varies with the cruise. In the Caribbean or Alaska, when school is out and younger families are aboard, I think that dress, and enforcement of the dress code, is more relaxed. On longer cruises, European cruises and most cruises when school is in session, I think there are older folks aboard and the efforts of the guests to look their best increases dramatically.

We've only sailed NCL once previously, but that was a 10 day cruise on Jewel to New England and Montreal, in September, and the level of dress was as high as a luxury cruise. I didn't see any shorts anywhere in the evening, and very few wearing jeans. There were also only 13 children on board -- the Sponge Bob folks had very little to do :cool:.

Our next NCL cruise is 24 days in September, 2013 aboard Star, Copenhagen to Copenhagen, and then Copenhagen to Miami. I expect an older demographic, a higher level of dress and few children. Of course, it will still be Free Style, and even though I'm an old curmudgeon, I have no objection to anyone who is following the rules in effect.

Personally, on that cruise, I'll be wearing slacks and collared shirt, and occasionally a sport coat if it's chilly, in the evening. That's simply because as an old fogey, I feel that when anyone in formal wear is serving me, I should make at least a token effort to look like I deserve it.

Archived