What can we bring?

Sprinkhead

My wife and I are departing on the Carnival fantasy on Jan 15. Can we each bring a bottle of wine and a 12 pack of diet coke onboard with us?

Yes. Each passenger can carry on 12 bottles/cans (not to exceed 20oz each) of non alcoholic beverage and each passenger who is 21+ years of age can bring on a bottle of wine (750ml).

Have a great cruise!

Make sure the wine is carried on. DO NOT PUT IN YOUR LUGGAGE! If it is in a suitcase it will be taken out of your bag and you won't see it again until your last night.

We LOVE the Fantasy! Got off her Sunday, our 6th Fantasy cruise this year (we did 10 on her last year!!)

Edited by Bonnie J.

Make sure the wine is carried on. DO NOT PUT IN YOUR LUGGAGE! If it is in a suitcase it will be taken out of your bag and you won't see it again until your last night.

We LOVE the Fantasy! Got off her Sunday, our 6th Fantasy cruise this year (we did 10 on her last year!!)

I planned to lock my suitcase before signing it over to the baggage handlers. Do they cut the locks off, or can we not put a lock on our bag?

All the suitcases are x-rayed. If they see anything they even want to check on they will open your suitcase, locked or not. Or in some cases you'll get a letter in your cabin saying to come to the 'Naughty room' to get your suitcase. When you get there you must open it and they watch you open it and tell you what to remove and give to them. On some cases if its alcohol you will get it back the last night. We don't bother to lock our suitcases as we have nothing of value in them - just clothes. Anything of value we take in our carry=-on.

Edited by Bonnie J.

• 4 months later...

I'm going on my first cruise in July on royal carribean a enchantment of the seas. Can anyone tell me the rules on what I can bring with me such as water or cans of soda, protein bars. These r things is like to bring but not sure if they are allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going on my first cruise in July on royal carribean a enchantment of the seas. Can anyone tell me the rules on what I can bring with me such as water or cans of soda, protein bars. These r things is like to bring but not sure if they are allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bring bottles to refill on the ship, so can't help with water/soda. The rules should be on the cruise website.

As for protein bars, it's a good idea for a snack while on shore. Food is usually not allowed off the ship, and in some ports they even have sniffing dogs for that. Packaged food, like protein bars, is allowed.

Editing to add: if you worry about "midnight snacks" in the cabin, you can bring food from the buffet, or order room service (few dollars tips for room service)

Edited by Dayenu