Can you swim in the bahamas/caribbean in end of November?

pinkmonkey14

Most ship's pools are not heated by other than sun.

It is swimsuit/shorts weather all year in the Caribbean. Of course, you can encounter a rainy day but it is never Cold.

Water temp can vary by currents/storms but for most people who don't need the water to be 85 degrees and up :D, swimming is almost always reasonably possible.

How about Grand Cayman, Cozumel?

Beautiful weather in November, warm water and warm breezes.....

Water temps in Bahamas and Caribbean are very warm in November - it's just past Summer, and is only starting to cool down.

Caribbean YES.... will be warm, but the Bahamas weather will be similar to that of south florida... and water temps DO COOL DOWN SIGINIFICANTLYat that time of the year compared to July or August.

Where are you from? As a midwesterner, I find the weather down there to be perfect for swimming in November, but I know that some folks who live in the South find it a bit "chilly." :eek:

Make sure to go to Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. It's beautiful. The water was like bath water when we were there in June.

Water temp can vary by currents/storms but for most people who don't need the water to be 85 degrees and up :D, swimming is almost always reasonably possible.

LOL....I am one of those 85 degrees and up people, but I plan to TRY and snorkel in the frigid 80 degree water when we go to Cozumel in mid November.:D

no.... the eastern caribbean is sooooo cold compared to the western caribbean !!! :eek::rolleyes::p And the pool is still not heated !

Perhaps you will finally decide what ship you are going on, what month and what itinerary after all these repitituous questions you are asking on several boards !

How about eastern caribbean at the end of December. can you even swim at the ports/ st. thomas, etc.

As a former resident of St Thomas, I can assure you that the water in November is beautiful and warm. I can sort of remember a Thanksgiving where the turkey almost burned because we were enjoying the water so much. It was either the lovely warm water or the Pina Coladas made with Bacardi 151:D

Many residents spend Christmas afternoon on the beach- New Years day too. Depending on exactly where you are you may run into a cool current, but the water is usually as warm or warmer that any heated swimming pool in the states.

I've cruised during Thanksgiving to both the Eastern and Western Caribbean. Beautiful, warm waters...great for swimming. I've also found the pool temps very comfortable and inviting.

I live in New England, and we are lucky if the water temps hit 70 degrees by the end of the summer!

Archived