Boston Duck Tour

timetravler

I will be in Boston on October 22, 2015 and we are interested in doing the Duck Tour. How would I get to the Duck tour from where our ship docks? Do they by chance have a van right from the docks? I will be on the Royal Princess.

No van, your cruise line may have a shuttle to the city, depending on the cruiseline. Check on the Princess board to see if they've had a shuttle recently.

There is rapid transit right at the pier in the form of the MBTA's Silver Line, which takes you into Boston's South Station, from where you can transfer to most anywhere in the city at no additional fare.

Ducks load at three different locations in Boston, check out their website. If you are doing this on your own you'll want to book in advance as they often sell out many trips a day, and you could end up having to wait for hours on end for your trip.

We (group of 4) just took a cab to the Prudential Center pick-up point last fall. If the Duck Tours are offering the additional 1 hour Harvard Tour for free (which they did last year) we highly recommend it. We took the subway to Harvard Square from the Prudential Center, visited the square (scene of many of my high school Saturday afternoons :D) then took a 1 hour walking tour conducted by a Harvard student. Then we took a cab back to the ship (alternatively we could have taken the subway and a cab). It was a glorious fall day in Boston and we had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be in Boston on Aug 29 and wondering about transportation to and which Duck Tour to take as well. So it sounds like we could take

mass transit to Boston's South Station. From there are any of the three tour departure spots closer than another?