Enrichment Journeys / Sea Explorer--info?

sueswny

I just got a brochure in the mail. It offers a cruise on the Sea Explorer ship. Company is Enrichment Journeys. I can't find any reviews of the company or the ship. The cruises are all inclusive and a good price, but I would like to know more about this. It is NOT the same as Enrichment Voyages and the MV Explorer.

Anyone know about this company??

:)I couldn't believe it when I saw your post! This is a charter cruise sponsored by a travel agency, and I was trying to figure out how to find or post a roll call for it! We bkkd it yesterday! Were you looking at the French itinerary or the Dublin/ Eng/ Iceland? I have used the travel agency several times, and this chartering is fairly new to them. It has been used by Arctic and Antarctic expeditions. If you want to have more of the info I have, plzz email me at cltremain@hotmail.com. I'm sure this agency would not charter this ship if it weren't the best. I can tell you more when we return(IF we aren't on the same trip:-)

I just got a brochure in the mail. It offers a cruise on the Sea Explorer ship. Company is Enrichment Journeys. I can't find any reviews of the company or the ship. The cruises are all inclusive and a good price, but I would like to know more about this. It is NOT the same as Enrichment Voyages and the MV Explorer.

Anyone know about this company??

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a brochure too. WOW the cruises and prices look great. Wish I could go but will just be getting home from 2 week cruise on Swan Hellenic in Med. I definitely will watch this company for cruises this fall :D

It looks like this is charted by ONLINE VACATION CENTER.

Edited by Seacooky
additional comment

My CC name is Toby Dog. My wife Laurel and I from New Port Richey, Florida are also booked on this cruise. I have tried several time to find the ship of Cruise Critic, but could find nothing. I am glad you have finally started this message. We have been attempting to get more info on tours, etc, but so far have nothing. We will be on the Ireland/England/Scotland leg of the cruise. We also have booked several trips though On Line Vacations, and have been real pleased. Looking forward to this one due to the size ship, and ports. Please let us know if you hear of any tours and we will do the same. Our E-mail is laurelsam@verizon.net.

Edited by Toby Dog

Hi, I started a roll call on this itinerary under the ROLL CALL, all other cruise lines, Enrichment Journeys, Sea Explorer-May 20-June 3, 2013. We are actually on the whole 22 days, from Dublin to Iceland, but we will be traveling with you for the first part. It is good to have someone else to coordinate with on the excursions too. Good to meet you. Connie and Larry from Lakeland, Florida.

My CC name is Toby Dog. My wife Laurel and I from New Port Richey, Florida are also booked on this cruise. I have tried several time to find the ship of Cruise Critic, but could find nothing. I am glad you have finally started this message. We have been attempting to get more info on tours, etc, but so far have nothing. We will be on the Ireland/England/Scotland leg of the cruise. We also have booked several trips though On Line Vacations, and have been real pleased. Looking forward to this one due to the size ship, and ports. Please let us know if you hear of any tours and we will do the same. Our E-mail is laurelsam@verizon.net.

We are hoping to get some info on tours prior to departing. We have contacted On Line Vacations and evidently they are still putting them together. I also hope more people like us go into Cruise Critic and find their way to this roll call. Look forwarded to meeting and should you have any info to share, you can feel free to use our E-mail address.

Hi, we did find some of the tours OVC has set up on the Enrichment Journeys website. If you click on available land excursions in the cruise description box on upper right, it brings up a day-to-day itinerary that tells the excursions they offer as of now. I thought some of them may be included, according to our brochure? Not sure though. What are your interests? Thx, Connie and Larry

We are hoping to get some info on tours prior to departing. We have contacted On Line Vacations and evidently they are still putting them together. I also hope more people like us go into Cruise Critic and find their way to this roll call. Look forwarded to meeting and should you have any info to share, you can feel free to use our E-mail address.

Hi this is Laurel (Toby Dog). I have looked over all the tours listed. The only one that we definitely want to do is the one in Liverpool that goes to the places where the Beatles got their start. We have found on other cruises that the "Hop on Hop Off" double decker buses are good to do to get an overall view. That would be good in Dublin and Edinburgh since we've got 3 days in each. I don't think any of the tours are included on the cruise from Dublin to Edinburgh. Not sure about the other cruise. I can't believe we can't book anything yet on line. They said they would be sending something in the mail within 2 weeks with tour info also. We usually like walking around a lot, so we'll probably look for walking tours in each place. Also we do bike rides - short ones of maybe 2 hours where you see the sights by bicycle. But I'm not sure about the weather on this trip for biking. I'd hate to book something and then have a rainy day. In Waterford I found an old pub Jack Mead's Pub orig 1705 that would be neat to visit for a beer or wine and maybe lunch. I'm concerned about when we get to Greenock it says you get a choice to go directly to Edinburgh or take a tour to Glasgow. I was wondering what was in Greenock, but don't know how you get to Edinburgh if you stay behind. Hopefully we'll get more info shortly. Just so you know, I'm 62 and Sam is 70. We are both interested in just seeing the sights and buildings and history of each area. Also would like to see St Andrews Golf Club while there in Edinburgh. Talk again soon. Laurel

• 1 month later...

So sorry I missed this AND your email address.:( I just sent an email today. Hope you get it okay. Thanks, Connie

Hi this is Laurel (Toby Dog). I have looked over all the tours listed. The only one that we definitely want to do is the one in Liverpool that goes to the places where the Beatles got their start. We have found on other cruises that the "Hop on Hop Off" double decker buses are good to do to get an overall view. That would be good in Dublin and Edinburgh since we've got 3 days in each. I don't think any of the tours are included on the cruise from Dublin to Edinburgh. Not sure about the other cruise. I can't believe we can't book anything yet on line. They said they would be sending something in the mail within 2 weeks with tour info also. We usually like walking around a lot, so we'll probably look for walking tours in each place. Also we do bike rides - short ones of maybe 2 hours where you see the sights by bicycle. But I'm not sure about the weather on this trip for biking. I'd hate to book something and then have a rainy day. In Waterford I found an old pub Jack Mead's Pub orig 1705 that would be neat to visit for a beer or wine and maybe lunch. I'm concerned about when we get to Greenock it says you get a choice to go directly to Edinburgh or take a tour to Glasgow. I was wondering what was in Greenock, but don't know how you get to Edinburgh if you stay behind. Hopefully we'll get more info shortly. Just so you know, I'm 62 and Sam is 70. We are both interested in just seeing the sights and buildings and history of each area. Also would like to see St Andrews Golf Club while there in Edinburgh. Talk again soon. Laurel

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I are also on the subject tour. We have booked many cruises with Online Vacation Center over the years, with never a disappointment. And, have already booked the China offering in March, 2014, which looks like a really good deal, although we have not settled on the flight details, which must start in Atlanta. Regarding the land tours on the Dublin-Edinburgh, we, being as old as we are, decided to just book all the city and shore offerings, with the package prices -- for us, the most attractive choice. I look forward to making new friends on this trip.

Hi fellow travelers. Sounds like both your OVC tours will be great adventures! We too have bkkd with OVC for several years. I like this new concept of their Enrichment Journeys' charters also. After traveling for so many years, it is harder to find more unique itineraries; and we are itinerary driven!

We are connecting in Atlanta on this trip to Dublin. Do you fly out of there also? If so, what flight?

We did not book the Dublin excursion package, as we have been there before and know specifically what we are interested in doing this time around. We did book all of the other tours through them, except Troon. Have you received any acknowledgement from them on your shore reservations yet? We have not, but I'm sure we'll get something soon.

Glad you found this thread. Look forward to meeting you soon! :)Connie and Larry

My wife and I are also on the subject tour. We have booked many cruises with Online Vacation Center over the years, with never a disappointment. And, have already booked the China offering in March, 2014, which looks like a really good deal, although we have not settled on the flight details, which must start in Atlanta. Regarding the land tours on the Dublin-Edinburgh, we, being as old as we are, decided to just book all the city and shore offerings, with the package prices -- for us, the most attractive choice. I look forward to making new friends on this trip.

Hello, all, on the Sea Explorer.

If you are connecting thru ATL, we are on Delta 176, 17F and G. (I generally make my own flight arrangements.)

Having never been to Ireland or Scotland, we are at the mercy of whatever is offered on the packaged tours. This being a new endeavor by OVC, the tours may be a bit different than what one gets on a regular cruise. The fact that they are sending along their own agents is a good sign.

We have received luggage tags by postal mail, and all other travel info and instructions by email. Now working on what to pack. FODORs says one can experience all four seasons in one day in Ireland.

We are Bill and Claudia, and looking forward to meeting and learning.

As for packing for Ireland: Yes indeed the coldest winter I ever spent was a day trip to Rock of Cashell in July:D It was rainy cold day and my little windbreaker was not enough.

What I do is the usual layering. I have a light fleece, a heavier fleece, and a vegan leather (that's plastic or pleather but feels like leather) jacket and a combination of one two or three does pretty well. I also slip those tiny mittens and a headband that covers the ears into the pockets of the jacket.

I would also warn against driving yourself. The signs are cleverly hidden after the intersection somewhere height wise between shoulder and hip unless it is on the side of a building. Loved Ireland --we did a 2 week land tour and that was not enough time. Great place to spend some time before or after the cruise.

Bill and Gloria, we are flying Delta TO ATL, but connect with Air France in Atlanta. So i guess we won't see you until Ireland. We have had contact with one other couple on the Dublin to Scotland segment of trip also, and one couple on the Scotland to Iceland segment. We are doing both segments. I feel comfortable with the idea that they are sending someone from their agency too.

Did you mean you have received confirmation of your packaged tours by email? We have not received any acknowledgement of the request for excursions we sent in, as yet. We completed the request form, called them and then mailed the printed form a few weeks ago, but no response regarding them yet.

Bowie MeMe, thank you for the info on weather:-) Will you be on this cruise also?

Hello, all, on the Sea Explorer.

If you are connecting thru ATL, we are on Delta 176, 17F and G. (I generally make my own flight arrangements.)

Having never been to Ireland or Scotland, we are at the mercy of whatever is offered on the packaged tours. This being a new endeavor by OVC, the tours may be a bit different than what one gets on a regular cruise. The fact that they are sending along their own agents is a good sign.

We have received luggage tags by postal mail, and all other travel info and instructions by email. Now working on what to pack. FODORs says one can experience all four seasons in one day in Ireland.

We are Bill and Claudia, and looking forward to meeting and learning.

We got an e-mail about a 24 day trip. The details are 8 day 3 city China tour with all hotels, tours and food included AND a 15 Celebrity cruise which includes Vietnam. Airfare from LA is included. Cheap inside cabin is around $4500 per person.

It looks like a great deal but we need to find out more about tour agency. Apparently, it is the part of ************* that includes land tours.

My questions, has anyone used their services before. Were you satisfied? Anything we should be aware of?

This cruisetour is Feb or March of 2014. Have not yet studies the weather in China or Vietnam for that time of year.

Thanks for your input.

Hi. There are many companies that do enrichment cruises, but if you are talking specifically about Enrichment Journeys-Sea Explorer, this is a new addition to a company that we have used for years and been happy with. We are taking their first one next week, and will let you know, if you like, how they handled it. Having experienced their agency in other types of adventures, I'm confident it will be good. Have been to both countries, but I will have to check the time of year we went. Sounds like a good deal.

We got an e-mail about a 24 day trip. The details are 8 day 3 city China tour with all hotels, tours and food included AND a 15 Celebrity cruise which includes Vietnam. Airfare from LA is included. Cheap inside cabin is around $4500 per person.

It looks like a great deal but we need to find out more about tour agency. Apparently, it is the part of ************* that includes land tours.

My questions, has anyone used their services before. Were you satisfied? Anything we should be aware of?

This cruisetour is Feb or March of 2014. Have not yet studies the weather in China or Vietnam for that time of year.

Thanks for your input.

We are Ronni and Frank from San Diego. We are on the Dublin-Reykjavik leg of this cruise/tour. Reading this, I'm a bit worried that I'll be able to pack enough warm clothes in a 50-lb. bag! We are spending four days in NYC on the way out. Anyone else joining this trip at JFK on May 20? We have booked all the included shore excursions on the ship portion, as well as the package offered in Reykjavik. Will do Dublin and Edinburgh on our own,but are considering booking an independent tour out of Dublin to Newgrange. Anyone interested in joining, let me know. Looking forward to meeting you all and to this journey.:)

Edited by San Diego Ronni

Connie,

Wishing you a great first leg of this journey! We are getting excited. Since you've been to Dublin before, did you guys do a tour to Newgrange? We're thinking about doing that one as someone told us it's great. Thought the other full day, we'd just do Dublin, whatever we can cram in. Anything you can think of that we should absolutely not miss? I'm sure you're in the throes of packing, and we will be, too, once we get home from Baja tomorrow!! How will we find you? We are in cabin 261.....

Ronni & Frank

Hi. This is Sam and Laurel, from New Port Richey FL. Will be on the first leg of the cruise/tour with you. While in Dublin, on the 19th, we're doing a tour of Cliffs of Moher and Burren. It's an all day tour with Dublin Tour Company if you want to look it up on line. We plan to just do the Hop on and Off in Dublin the other two days and see the sights on our own. We're doing the Cliffs of Moher with Connie and Larry. We are in cabin 421. See you there.

Hi, all -- If you are flying from or connecting through ATL on 5/16, and are on Delta 176, Air France 3613, or KLM 6176 (non-stop), we are all on the same plane; it's a code-share with all three, operated by Delta.

We are looking forward to the trip, but already chilly.

-- Bill and Claudia, from Blairsville, GA.

The China - Viet Nam - Hong Kong - Singapore offering you mentioned is by a new division (Enrichment Journeys) of Online Vacation Center, based in Plantation, Florida.

Indeed, the price is right! On first announcement, we booked it, in order to get the space we wanted on the Millennium. The only piece remaining is the air arrangements from ATL, but there's plenty of time for that.

We have had excellent results from this provider over the years, and our agent there has always worked hard for us to get the best deals and perks.

Hi again. Thanx for the info. Guess we will be flying together to Dublin also. We are on AF 3613 out of ATL on Thursday. We too are looking 4ward to the land and sea trip. It does appear it will be chilly though.

We have confirmations of seats 16b and c, AND 32c and d! (Row 32 being the most recent, so they probably moved us for someone who specifically requested to be up front?) Check in will tell, I guess:-) See you soon, Connie and Larry, FL

Hi, all -- If you are flying from or connecting through ATL on 5/16, and are on Delta 176, Air France 3613, or KLM 6176 (non-stop), we are all on the same plane; it's a code-share with all three, operated by Delta.

We are looking forward to the trip, but already chilly.

-- Bill and Claudia, from Blairsville, GA.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone still interested in Enrichment Journeys/Sea explorer,

The ship was very nice and and personnel were great. However the Enrichment Journey's (OLVC) portion of the trip was chaotic and poorly organized, with little or no communication. The representative they sent was a complete novice at cruising and had never been to any of the ports, so she was basically of little use. And if you were an independent traveller and not taking the company tours, there was never any thought given to you.

But in HMO, the biggest complaint was that very basic things weren't taken care of until people complained: like arranging a shuttle to take people in to town from the hotel which was out in the boondocks. Or providing drinking water to the cabins, instead of charging people for it--it was advertised as being free.

I could go on, but suffice it to say, I would not recommend Enrichment Journeys to a seasoned traveller.:mad:

Hi, my wife and I were think of taking the Ireland-Scotland cruise package next year and would appreciate if those of you that were on Enrichment Journeys vacation could please provide us (and anyone else thing about using Enrichment Journeys) your feedback?

Jmho was very uncomplimentary, I wonder if the cruise that he took was an anomaly or what you should expect from Enrichment Journeys?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi this is Laurel (Toby Dog). I'm concerned about when we get to Greenock it says you get a choice to go directly to Edinburgh or take a tour to Glasgow. I was wondering what was in Greenock, but don't know how you get to Edinburgh if you stay behind. Hopefully we'll get more info shortly. Just so you know, I'm 62 and Sam is 70. We are both interested in just seeing the sights and buildings and history of each area. Also would like to see St Andrews Golf Club while there in Edinburgh. Talk again soon. Laurel

There is a company we used last year that will look after your travel from Greenock if you want to go to St Andrews and Edinburgh. It can be done in a day. Gordon at G & S Tours (formerly G & S Cabs) picked us up at the pier, and the drive to st Andrews was about 2 and a bit hours. We spent the morning there, and then drove the 55 miles or so, to Edinburgh to see the Castle, before heading back to the ship. I would recommend contacting him, he's personable, reliable and kept pretty busy.