arrival appointment with faster to the fun

Kelley70130

Thanks! I booked my cruise a long time ago and Carnival and bought FTTF. Even though I think I completely checked in online with the earliest time slot way back then, Carnival is telling me , "no, you didn't fill in and save your check in time"

So now I am stuck with an 11:00 arrival appointment. I love getting there early and being one of the first people on the ship and heading to the Lido deck for lunch with no lines. Glad I have FTTF, I would hate to start off on a low note and board later than I want to after paying for FTTF.

Cruising out of New Orleans two weeks. Can't wait!!

You can only arrive as early as the first arrival appointment. Some ports/ships 11:00 is the first one. So even being Diamond/Platinum/FTTF/Suites, you won't get in the building before then. Arriving before your scheduled time doesn't mean you can get there whenever you want in the morning. It means no matter what time you selected, you can show up as early as the first time slot. I think there is still a lot of confirmation about this.

I think there is a lot of confusion as well. Even when you talk with someone at Carnival, you can't get a straight answer or you get conflicting answers.
I think part of that is because there is no straight answer that will invariably apply in all cases. I've read reports from folks who say it went one way and from folks who say it went a different way, indicating to me that it isn't a consistent process, executed identically at every port. Clearly things different from port to port, but perhaps even also at the same port, based on inconsistencies there. Everyone arriving early eventually gets aboard, so it doesn't affect the most critical concerns, so consistency is probably not a big priority.

I think there is a lot of confusion as well. Even when you talk with someone at Carnival, you can't get a straight answer or you get conflicting answers.

For that reason, I appreciate all of your answers. Thank you!

Glad you knew I meant confusion and not confirmation. Dang auto correct on my phone! I was getting ready for work and didn't check it [emoji846].

I agree that in many cases the people that answer the phone at Carnival don't know what they are talking about. But I can tell you for a fact that the earliest you can arrive is the first time slot for that port/ship. I am Platinum and in the same "boat" so to speak. Vista the earliest was 11:00, Glory was 10:30. If you're not sure if 11:00 is the earliest, ask in your roll call. If anyone was able to select a time sooner than that, then arrive then. If you get there too early you'll be stuck waiting outside. There may be a little leeway such as in 15-20 min depending on how fast they are able to get everyone else off the ship, but there's no more arriving at 8-9AM.

In April in NOLA we got to the port and parked by around 9:45 and the earliest checkin was 10:30. We were afraid the terminal wouldn't be open but we were trying to beat a bad storm and we knew we could at least get in the parking garage. We are Platinum so we were allowed in the terminal and there were already several people in the lounge and FTTF area. As you said though, every port is different.

Since this thread is active, does anyone know what time the port in Jacksonville opens for embarkation? I have FTTF and would like to get there as early as possible. My check in time is for 1:00-1:30, but after reading all of the FTTF posts, I understand that I can show up for the earliest assigned time. Thank you for your help! We leave in 7 days!! Woo Hooo!

Since this thread is active, does anyone know what time the port in Jacksonville opens for embarkation? I have FTTF and would like to get there as early as possible. My check in time is for 1:00-1:30, but after reading all of the FTTF posts, I understand that I can show up for the earliest assigned time. Thank you for your help! We leave in 7 days!! Woo Hooo!

Usually Port Security will not let anyone in until 10:30am. Notice, I said usually, the guards at the gate can be inconsistent. Sometimes a newbie, doesn't know about FFTF or PRIORITY boarding etc. If that happens, ask for a supervisor before you turn around!

Most of the time boarding doesn't start until 11:30am, sometimes later... We always try to arrive around 11:00am. If you like you can call the Port, (Especially if there is FOG/Stormy weather...etc.) 904-357-3006, and their website has additional info.... https://www.jaxport.com/cruise.

Thank you JWJAX for the information. I have sailed out of Jaxport many times, but not recently. I haven't sailed since the new assigned times. I have read many people who have had issues with FTTF entrance. Your recommendation to ask for a supervisor is a good one. I paid for it and would like to reap the benefits.

You can only arrive as early as the first arrival appointment. Some ports/ships 11:00 is the first one. So even being Diamond/Platinum/FTTF/Suites, you won't get in the building before then. Arriving before your scheduled time doesn't mean you can get there whenever you want in the morning. It means no matter what time you selected, you can show up as early as the first time slot. I think there is still a lot of confirmation about this.

Information is so not true. You can arrive anytime you wish up to and including 11:00 A.M. or later. We have been to the port as early as 9:30 depending on transportation. We have been on the ship as early as 11:15.

If you have FTTF, you have the same privileges as I do as a Diamond member. Show up when you are ready and they will process you whenever they being the process.

Information is so not true. You can arrive anytime you wish up to and including 11:00 A.M. or later. We have been to the port as early as 9:30 depending on transportation. We have been on the ship as early as 11:15.

If you have FTTF, you have the same privileges as I do as a Diamond member. Show up when you are ready and they will process you whenever they being the process.

Your last line is true, indeed! (Assuming that you meant 'begin' when you said 'being') Other than that, each port is different, and even different cruises in the same port can be different. If they hit bad weather and are delayed, then your boarding time will also be delayed. if they have a medical situation and that delays the whole debarkation process, your boarding will also be delayed.

For the best information, call the port and ask them when Carnival typically starts embarcation, and go from there. Regardless, you'll get on earlier than if you didn't have FTTF, and get your cruise party started that much earlier!

Have a great cruise!

It is SO true. You can't get there at 9AM and expect to be let in the building. With being Diamond/Platinum/FTTF or having a suite, you can get there as EARLY as the FIRST ARRIVAL APPOINTMENT (not necessarily the one that you were assigned, but rather the earliest one for that port/ship) or anytime after up until the cut off time. This is the way it is with the new staggered check in. Before this, then yes, you could arrive at any time. But not anymore. I have sailed with the new way more than once and that's how it is. I am Platinum so understand it perfectly. Staggered check in has nothing to do with boarding time. That is still as it has always been.

Staggered check in has nothing to do with boarding time. That is still as it has always been.

So, for a new cruiser info and our situation, we did buy FTTF leaving from Miami aboard the Victory. We set our checkin time as 11:30. If we're there at 11:00 can we go ahead and check-in? Once we do can we go ahead and board? I guess I assumed as soon as we check-in we would board but is there another wait or staging location? I guess we don't know what to expect having never done the process before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Staggered check in has nothing to do with boarding time. That is still as it has always been.

So, for a new cruiser info and our situation, we did buy FTTF leaving from Miami aboard the Victory. We set our checkin time as 11:30. If we're there at 11:00 can we go ahead and check-in? Once we do can we go ahead and board? I guess I assumed as soon as we check-in we would board but is there another wait or staging location? I guess we don't know what to expect having never done the process before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you have FTTF, you can arrive as early as the first appointment arrival group. So if for the Victory it's 11AM, then, yes, you can arrive then regardless of what your time says.

Boarding will commence when the ship is cleared and it will go Weddings, Diamond, Platinum, Suites and FTTF. There will be a place to sit until your boarding group is called. That could be as early as 11:15 or later. It all depends on what's going on that day.

Edited by firemanbobswife

My earlier post to this thread (#10 above) stated that the earliest arrival time for our April cruise on Dream out of NOLA was 10:30. I just found my credit card receipt showing I paid for parking at 9:15 that morning. We parked and went directly to enter the terminal and were allowed to go in since we were platinum. There were already several people in the lounge and FTTF area when we got there. That would have been well before the first time of 10:30. That may not happen everytime or at every port but we were allowed in well before the first arrival time.

My earlier post to this thread (#10 above) stated that the earliest arrival time for our April cruise on Dream out of NOLA was 10:30. I just found my credit card receipt showing I paid for parking at 9:15 that morning. We parked and went directly to enter the terminal and were allowed to go in since we were platinum. There were already several people in the lounge and FTTF area when we got there. That would have been well before the first time of 10:30. That may not happen everytime or at every port but we were allowed in well before the first arrival time.

Again, it could vary by port. But that is not the case in Miami. They are strict on the times.

Same ?? over and over , arrive at any time.

Yep--I had to hear it first hand, so I went to the port (New Orleans) this past Saturday while the ship was in and asked the check in people. They confirmed it for me...If you have FTTF, you can head into the terminal as early as the first time slot or whenever they open the terminal door. From there, you wait until they start boarding the ship!:cool:

Yep--I had to hear it first hand, so I went to the port (New Orleans) this past Saturday while the ship was in and asked the check in people. They confirmed it for me...If you have FTTF, you can head into the terminal as early as the first time slot or whenever they open the terminal door. From there, you wait until they start boarding the ship!:cool:

Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all along.