Carnival Valor Bar Hop

CENT

I've seen some people get off the bar hop bus with help so they wouldn't collapse. I don't drink booze, but I usually hear good things from the partiers that do go on this excursion.

I don't drink that much but I heard you sight see the other side of Island. I am going to check out the web sight again Thanks :D

Yes you do go to the Atlantic side.... I'm told .there's even a lunch stop the bus makes where you can purchase food.

4 stops where you get a shot at each one. Food is available at least on two of the stops, maybe more. We had been to Cozumel ten times before taking this and seeing the Atlantic side was an eye opening experience. Tremendous surf and ocean views. Would HIGHLY recommend it. I have pics in a review if anyone wants to see them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this in 2015. There is a company called Cozumel Bar Hop. You meet at their office downtown to board the tour. It takes you to 4-5 bars on the other side of the island. We were told there is no electricity on that side of the island and things pretty much close at sundown. Our tour included a complementary t-shirt.

You're given a small shot and about 40-45 minutes to spend at each location. You may purchase food or more drinks. The first place we stopped at was called Coconuts. It was nice and the food was good. It sat elevated and overlooked the water. Other bars, we didn't like as much. One was surrounded by seaweed and came with a stench that we just had to suffer through. The last stop was a "rasta"-themed bar and while it was nice enough, the service was horrible.

Be prepared for a frat party like atmosphere...at least it was like this for us. At the first stop, an employee came to our table and asked if we'd like to see a "family album". We said we would and took the album. Turns out it was nothing more than a bunch of pictures of topless/nude young women. While I have nothing against that, it just didn't seem appropriate at the time. The "seaweed" bar had a similar situation, but with employees wearing an apron and pulling a string to raise the apron to reveal a large "male part".

I'm glad we did this. Would we do this again? No. I would suggest anyone thinking of doing this tour to keep the above thoughts in mind so you will know what to expect.

We did this in 2015. There is a company called Cozumel Bar Hop. You meet at their office downtown to board the tour. It takes you to 4-5 bars on the other side of the island. We were told there is no electricity on that side of the island and things pretty much close at sundown. Our tour included a complementary t-shirt.

You're given a small shot and about 40-45 minutes to spend at each location. You may purchase food or more drinks. The first place we stopped at was called Coconuts. It was nice and the food was good. It sat elevated and overlooked the water. Other bars, we didn't like as much. One was surrounded by seaweed and came with a stench that we just had to suffer through. The last stop was a "rasta"-themed bar and while it was nice enough, the service was horrible.

Be prepared for a frat party like atmosphere...at least it was like this for us. At the first stop, an employee came to our table and asked if we'd like to see a "family album". We said we would and took the album. Turns out it was nothing more than a bunch of pictures of topless/nude young women. While I have nothing against that, it just didn't seem appropriate at the time. The "seaweed" bar had a similar situation, but with employees wearing an apron and pulling a string to raise the apron to reveal a large "male part".

I'm glad we did this. Would we do this again? No. I would suggest anyone thinking of doing this tour to keep the above thoughts in mind so you will know what to expect.

lol, while the "family album" is there, to call

It a frat party atmosphere sounds....... over the top. There was nobody disrobing at ours. It is for adults, would do it again in a heartbeat. Sites on that side alone make it worthwhile. Imho

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've done the Cozumel Bar Hop 3 times, and it's a great way to see "the other side" of the island... (aka- the East side) Indeed there is no electricity, so bring cash if you want to purchase food or additional drinks. The first stop is Punta Morena, and this is the place where you can swim in the ocean if you wish, as there is a protected tide pool. Also, the food is pretty good here, and may be a good idea if you're looking to put down a good number of adult beverages throughout the tour.

The second stop is Coconuts, and this is the very highest point on the island. There is a great view of the waves crashing below, but no swimming. I find Coconuts to be a bit of a tourist trap, but they do have great guacamole and as another poster mentioned, their "family albums" do feature topless pictures of past customers.

After that, we come to Playa Bonita, a very rustic beach bar with huge (and strong margaritas) Also, there is a bit of a phallic decor about the establihment. This is where things could get a bit rowdy, espesially if there are "former hoppers" (or FoHos) in the group.

The last stop is Rastas, and it's a true Cozumel institution. They do serve a great whole fried fish as well as some great coconut shrimp. If you want to order food, do it right away so they will have time to prepare it, as you're time at each bar is limited. Also, check out the chapel out in the parking lot, it's pretty cool.

From there, you will continue around the Southernmost tip of the island, where they will drop you off at whichever pier your ship is berthed at. I do totally recommend this tour if only to get away from the touristy side of Cozumel...

These places have been doing business for years, if there was a problem you would have heard about it by now... They even use purified water for the ice, so it's all perfectly safe.

If there is no electricity where this tour takes people how do they keep food cold enough to be safe to eat? Ice in coolers melts. I might go but I wouldn't be tempted to eat prepared foods.

If there is no electricity where this tour takes people how do they keep food cold enough to be safe to eat? Ice in coolers melts. I might go but I wouldn't be tempted to eat prepared foods.

Most (if not all) had generators running, stuck off behind rocks so the noise was really hard to hear (with the surf). Obviously they don't run them 24/7 tho..... The last stop on the tour had a small hotel with rooms jutting out over the water, not sure what they do either.

Most (if not all) had generators running, stuck off behind rocks so the noise was really hard to hear (with the surf). Obviously they don't run them 24/7 tho..... The last stop on the tour had a small hotel with rooms jutting out over the water, not sure what they do either.

Las Ventanas uses a generator as well :)

We love the East side of Cozumel (and Cozumel in general) and have done the Hop. If folks prefer a more relaxed way to see the East Side, book a taxi and driver for the day.

There are other beach bars and restaurants which are well-worth visiting (Señor Iguanas is one).

Thanks for this helpful information supported with facts.

Las Ventanas uses a generator as well :)

We love the East side of Cozumel (and Cozumel in general) and have done the Hop. If folks prefer a more relaxed way to see the East Side, book a taxi and driver for the day.

There are other beach bars and restaurants which are well-worth visiting (Señor Iguanas is one).

Been to the other side of Cozumel (it's the Gulf / not the Atlantic) several times and have done the trip in a rented a Jeep. Another place to stop is Chen Rio.

I've never heard generators running but have seen large LP propane gas tanks that I thought was the fuel source for the freezers, refrigerators, ice makers and grills.

Been to the other side of Cozumel (it's the Gulf / not the Atlantic) several times and have done the trip in a rented a Jeep. Another place to stop is Chen Rio.

I've never heard generators running but have seen large LP propane gas tanks that I thought was the fuel source for the freezers, refrigerators, ice makers and grills.

We prefer a taxi, as we like to have a few drinks while we're touring and I'm not sure I would feel comfortable driving in Coz anyway. Makes Montreal drivers seems tame in comparison!

Chen Rio is great too! Haven't been to a stop I didn't like.

We prefer a taxi, as we like to have a few drinks while we're touring and I'm not sure I would feel comfortable driving in Coz anyway. Makes Montreal drivers seems tame in comparison!

Chen Rio is great too! Haven't been to a stop I didn't like.

Coming back to the cruise port as the only place ever in Mexico that we saw a diwi stop set up. Made me laugh out loud.

Coming back to the cruise port as the only place ever in Mexico that we saw a diwi stop set up. Made me laugh out loud.

Thanks! to everyone only thing I am concernd about is getting back intime for boarding.:cool:

4 stops where you get a shot at each one. Food is available at least on two of the stops, maybe more. We had been to Cozumel ten times before taking this and seeing the Atlantic side was an eye opening experience. Tremendous surf and ocean views. Would HIGHLY recommend it. I have pics in a review if anyone wants to see them.

Yes I would like to see them .