BC question - humor me please

ajenali

We cruise in 7 days.... :D

my newbie cruiser friend showed me her bc yesterday and its not the nice pretty colorful one that i have. Its obviously a copy, but on card stock from the vital records office. it has the seal stating its a certified copy. black. no color whatsoever. it is an older bc.

please put my mind at ease and tell me this will be accepted. :confused:

my newbie cruiser friend showed me her bc yesterday and its not the nice pretty colorful one that i have. Its obviously a copy, but on card stock from the vital records office. it has the seal stating its a certified copy. black. no color whatsoever. it is an older bc.

If it has the seal of the state on it then it should be accepted with no questions. The first copy of my BC was like that till it finally fell apart. The new one was on colored paper.

Yes that will be fine. Some states don't have the colorful ones if you obtain a copy from them. As long as it is an official birth certificate issued by the Office of Vital Records she will be fine. I used my bc on my last cruise and it is very similar to what you are describing your friends to be.

You should see my marriage licence from Chicago- looks like one of those slips of advertising that you get put under your windshield. Pretty does not equate with official. Thanks heavens- hate to discover now that we hadn't been married for lo these many years!

My original birth certificate was black and white with a seal. Then I had to order a replacement a few years ago and it came on blue paper with a watermark. When I got DD's birth certificate last year, it was black and white with a seal. We live in different states so that doesn't mean that much, except to say that sometimes even within the state, they change how they look.

Archived