Adventure Southern Caribbean Adventure April 19, 2015

I know such an original title!!:rolleyes:

I promise to try to make the rest of it much better! We are embarking on our Southern Caribbean Adventure on Adventure of the Seas. For those of us who have not yet met, we are FamilyGoBoston from New England, a long married couple just old enough to not want to admit how long or how old!

We are traveling with our 18 yo daughter for her birthday/graduation cruise.

We've scored an amazing aft corner cabin that will be far too small for 3, but the siren call of the overly large balcony called us like a mermaid and it will be an "adventure" with 3 of living us in that tiny cabin (OK, I promise to stop doing the "adventure" thing all the time, because I'm already annoyed with it, and I'm sure you are!;))

So the house/dog sitter has reported and we are ready to head to the airport. We will have an internet package, but it's limited, so we find it easiest to tweet or ad photos to the GoSeeItTravel FB page. (No advertising and we don't sell anything but our passion for travel) You can find a link to our BLOG here

http://www.goseeittravel.com/

After the cruise, (once the photos have marinated to DH's specifications) I will post a day by day review here with many more photos!

In the mean time, we'd love to have you follow along "LIVE" on our blog.

Bags are packed, and um...looks like someone wants to come along!:(

11036795_10206241017402197_7293587705082883323_o.jpg

Looking forward to hearing all about your cruise. I'm booked for my Adventure :D on 10/8/16 in a corner aft. It will be my first cruise with Royal so I am now reading everything I can about the ship and the Southern itineraries. Hope you have a great time!

Have a wonderful cruise! We love the southern itineraries and have been on Adventure several times.

Remember, with that big balcony, you could always drag a mattress out there for someone to sleep on (this is a reference to a thankfully long-past thread about doing such a thing). :):)

I know such an original title!!:rolleyes:

I promise to try to make the rest of it much better! We are embarking on our Southern Caribbean Adventure on Adventure of the Seas. For those of us who have not yet met, we are FamilyGoBoston from New England, a long married couple just old enough to not want to admit how long or how old!

We are traveling with our 18 yo daughter for her birthday/graduation cruise.

We've scored an amazing aft corner cabin that will be far too small for 3, but the siren call of the overly large balcony called us like a mermaid and it will be an "adventure" with 3 of living us in that tiny cabin (OK, I promise to stop doing the "adventure" thing all the time, because I'm already annoyed with it, and I'm sure you are!;))

So the house/dog sitter has reported and we are ready to head to the airport. We will have an internet package, but it's limited, so we find it easiest to tweet or ad photos to the GoSeeItTravel FB page. (No advertising and we don't sell anything but our passion for travel) You can find a link to our BLOG here

http://www.goseeittravel.com/

After the cruise, (once the photos have marinated to DH's specifications) I will post a day by day review here with many more photos!

In the mean time, we'd love to have you follow along "LIVE" on our blog.

Bags are packed, and um...looks like someone wants to come along!:(

11036795_10206241017402197_7293587705082883323_o.jpg

What a sweet little baby you have there!

Welcome back to San Juan!

Aviator - years ago you gave me some advice on restaurants. We tried Partot Club today; the ceviche was phenomenal! Thanks for the re commendation!

Bon Voyage!

Would you be able to let us know who the cruise director is, so I can update the list?

Will do !

We've put a few photos on twitter and FB. Will try to post here. Sheraton Internet is pretty good!! Those are my "bad" photos, hoping to put some of Jeff's "good" photos on the blog tonight! ( if you've read last reports you know - good photos Jeff bad photos Kathy - and yes, it's pretty obvious!)

We met loads of folks getting ready to embark Jewel this morning! We slept in due to a very late arrival ( 3AM!) and visited the forts and I've got some fun photos of the free range cats on Calle Hospital for you pet lovers! Yes, my dear labeagle mix is 12 young, and despairs when the bags come out; but she has her very favorite, spoils her rotten housesitter, Uncle Wayne over, so we know much as she pouts, she's living large!

Much thanks to all who have jumped in to say hello...for those of you sailing Adventure soon, can't wait to show you a few photos from the ship, but alas, cannot get Cruise Critic to "play nicely" with photos linked from FB, (either manually or by using the picture link and I don't have the time or internet bandwidth to send stuff up to drop box in order to post) so I'll keep tweeting and updating our site when I can this week and will have more photos here when I return!

We had a wonderful day in OSJ. We took our daughter to see the forts, where the local children were enjoying a kite flying festival and had a wonderful lunch at Parrot Club (Calle Foteleza) and then dessert at Cafe Cortes (Calle San Fransisco), where we also enjoyed the art collection of the Cortes chocolate scions while a harp concert by Jose Luis was being held! Old San Juan never disappoints with color, action and food! :D

I'm always delighted to stroll along the Paseo de La Princessa along the harbor, it's filled with families out enjoying the evening and street vendors with crafts and delectables! We enjoyed a walk all the way to the San Juan gate, past Raices fountain. We stopped for empanadas, plantain chips and merengue cookies, and enjoyed them on a bench by the sea. Jewel of the Seas sailed out as we sat, and I'm hoping we got some great photos of her sailing out!

We recharged our tired feet in the pool and hot tub on the roof of the Sheraton. Old San Juan is still hopping, but we've stopped hopping! After getting in at 3 AM this AM, everyone needs an early night!

Tomorrow we embark Adventure!

I'm always delighted to stroll along the Paseo de La Princessa along the harbor, it's filled with families out enjoying the evening and street vendors with crafts and delectables! We enjoyed a walk all the way to the San Juan gate, past Raices fountain. We stopped for empanadas, plantain chips and merengue cookies, and enjoyed them on a bench by the sea. Jewel of the Seas sailed out as we sat, and I'm hoping we got some great photos of her sailing out!

We recharged our tired feet in the pool and hot tub on the roof of the Sheraton. Old San Juan is still hopping, but we've stopped hopping! After getting in at 3 AM this AM, everyone needs an early night!

Tomorrow we embark Adventure!

Those cobblestone streets in Old San Juan can wear out a set of feet pretty quickly! Your dog seems to be thinking... with all this luggage are they ever coming home?:eek::D

Have a great cruise!:)

Those cobblestone streets in Old San Juan can wear out a set of feet pretty quickly! Your dog seems to be thinking... with all this luggage are they ever coming home?:eek::D

Have a great cruise!:)

Thanks OB! Yes, SOMEONE in our party was dragging, and we won't mention names, but let's just say she's also has the least experienced feet! ;)

Oh, and we overdid the luggage this time! It's an homage to CC member Karena from our roll call, who is sailing on this cruise and everytime I mention packing light she makes a compelling reason to bring it all ;) We did bring more dress up stuff than usual because our 18 yo DD has been prom shopping and I think she brought home more "for the cruise" than for the prom. :rolleyes: For some reason inexperience feet need a different pair of shoes for each dress! We don't usually bring so much, but this time, we've also got a special "purpose" for overpacking!

We ran a Pack For A Purpose drive in our hometown, and one of our bags holds supplies to leave in St Lucia with a preschool there- flash cards, kiddie sicissors, crayons, pencils; all things that are cheaply bought in the US but can be very expensive to ship to the islands. The Pack For a Purpose website has wish lists for several of the destinations on this cruise, and we chose St Lucia since we have a private guide and can arrange delivery (the Sandals Foundation manages the PFP program in St Lucia) while on our tour! We will (of course!) take lots of photos and share them here and on our blog. We've read about other cruise critic members doing this, but this is our first time. We haven't had to pay for the extra checked bags because my hubby has generously been working in Detroit a week a month to make it all possible with his status on American Airlines. Other than the extra baggage (which we generally avoid) so far it's been really fun to do...more on that on Day 4.

It's another beautiful morning in San Juan and we are getting ready to board Adventure today! I do wish Adventure was berthed at the dock in Old Town, because there is nothing more fun than waking up and seeing your ship docked from the hotel on embarkation morning, is there? Sailing soon, and hopefully the ships wifi cooperates! If you don't hear much from us, that's why...but we will be back!