Panasonic DMC-FZ200

c230k

Just received my new travel camera (also have Sony NEX-7) with a range from 25mm to 600mm F2.8 should take care of all my opportunites. For it's size and can shoot Raw + Jpeg and a view finder, hard to beat. My first picture at 600mm 2.8 just had to see what it can do. Think it's small enough to be a carry around camera, going to Alaska in a couple of week, so seen how it will do.

P1000007.jpg

Tom :cool:

Just received my new travel camera (also have Sony NEX-7)

I wish you didn't show that picture of the squirrel! I have a Sony Nex7 and was thinking that perhaps the 200mm didn't have the extreme zoom that I would want. And now I'm thinking I MUST get the FZ200! (I just sold my FZ150)

I just got the Panasonic LX7 and thinking perhaps I should have got the FZ200.

(Incidentally, GREAT SHOT).

Thanks, I also going to sell my FZ150, great camera just wanted the 2.8. Still love my Sony NEX-7, use 50mm 1.8, 30mm 2.8 and Tamron 18-200. Both camera have a place for my style of taking pictures. One for long range and one for close and they are both easy to carry around.

Going soon to Alaska, so that should be a great test lol.

Thanks, I also going to sell my FZ150, great camera just wanted the 2.8. Still love my Sony NEX-7, use 50mm 1.8, 30mm 2.8 and Tamron 18-200. Both camera have a place for my style of taking pictures. One for long range and one for close and they are both easy to carry around.

Going soon to Alaska, so that should be a great test lol.

It would be great if you came back and posted pictures using the FZ200 in Alaska! I would love to see them!

• 3 weeks later...

YAY! I ordered my FZ200 from Amazon before the deadline of Sept.15th, when they have to start charging sales tax on orders to Calif. :( But at least now I will have plenty of time to play with it before my Alaska trip next summer! Now I wish it would hurry up and get here!:D

I just ordered my FZ200 for $499 and it includes a 16 GB Class 10 card and a camera case! Ships in 2 - 5 business days for free. Upgrade from my FZ40! 3 Cheers for Samys!

Hopefully I will have it in time for the Prosser Balloon Festival on Sept 29-30!

I took my camera to Disneyland this weekend and wasn't all that happy with my pictures. I don't blame the camera, but the user, ME. So I knew I had to take some time and get on the computer and go over the CD manual before I take it and use it again. SO far, I haven't got too far into the manual, but I discovered a feature that I didn't know it had. While you are using the video mode, you can take still shots too! Or in playback, you can make stills from the video. Now I realize that the quality of these won't be as good as if I was just shooting stills, but I am very excited by this. My husband doesn't bother with a camera so everything is left up to me. I was concern that next summer in Alaska, I'd have to choose, video or stills. But now I know I can have BOTH!!!!

Just thought I'd share.......

dileep after you get it and use it for the festival would you please let me know what you think.

Keith

Used it in Intelligent Auto mode - no time to study the manual. Liked the feature ofr taking backlit shots - takes multiple shots and assembles the picture which takes time but the results are great! Here are some photos.

577147_10151130512638393_1714242573_n.jpg

150330_10151130513833393_1762602500_n.jpg

150187_10151130514923393_2057295423_n.jpg

Hi, loved your pics. I have an older Panasonic DMC but thinking of this one. I don't know much about digital photography, I just play around with mine. Could you explain what you meant in the above statement, and how you did it?

"Liked the feature ofr taking backlit shots - takes multiple shots and assembles the picture which takes time but the results are great"

Thanks, Judy

Hi, loved your pics. I have an older Panasonic DMC but thinking of this one. I don't know much about digital photography, I just play around with mine. Could you explain what you meant in the above statement, and how you did it?

"Liked the feature ofr taking backlit shots - takes multiple shots and assembles the picture which takes time but the results are great"

Thanks, Judy

I have gone from FZ28 to FZ40 to the new FZ200 with Intelligent Dynamic Range Control. Under certain lighting conditions when there is a big difference in brightness between the background and the subject, the camera adjusts the contrast and exposure automatically. I takes a second or two to process the image. The FZ150 has this feature too. It is automatically used in iA mode.