Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 05

pierces

This is nothing compared to what we had in February 2010 when we got 72 inches in 24 hours and then a day later we got another 25 inches. We had major damage to our house -- thousands of $$$$$$. Also cost us a cruise.

We had insurance but they would not pay off -- they claimed that as long as we had 1 room in the house to live in, take the cruise. I other words we were suppose to just walk away with a roof partially collapsed, melted snow pouring into the house damaging several rooms. Our TA and another friend who was a TA in Arizona checked through dozens of policies and they all had the same reason for not paying off.

We missed most of the snow, but did get a couple of shots when I was out walking the dog yesterday. It's very cold here, so the snow is light and fluffy ... no wet stuff and the ponds are frozen solid.

Some classic Canadiana:

16202538069_bac1a9b17d_c.jpg

15766308624_0135b84b92_c.jpg

We missed most of the snow, but did get a couple of shots when I was out walking the dog yesterday. It's very cold here, so the snow is light and fluffy ... no wet stuff and the ponds are frozen solid.

Some classic Canadiana:

16202538069_bac1a9b17d_c.jpg

15766308624_0135b84b92_c.jpg

Thats so cool

I'm jealous of the snow pics - haven't seen snow myself in about 11 years. I actually miss it!

Nice sunset colors there Dave. I love when storms and clouds mix with sunset - makes it more dramatic!

My January 26th was green and clean - spent at Disney World. Magic Kingdom by day:

original.jpg

And Epcot by night:

original.jpg

From clear and warm to cool and rainy, January ended with some dreary days with the exception of this one remarkable sunset.

A Fire in the Sky

p369608028-5.jpg

Dave

If this was the 31st, we flew in to Orange County through it. It was gorgeous from above the clouds too.

If this was the 31st, we flew in to Orange County through it. It was gorgeous from above the clouds too.

It was the 29th. The next two days had pretty nice sunsets but none as striking as this from our point of view...and timing on my part. :)

Dave

I'm jealous of the snow pics - haven't seen snow myself in about 11 years. I actually miss it!

Nice sunset colors there Dave. I love when storms and clouds mix with sunset - makes it more dramatic!

My January 26th was green and clean - spent at Disney World. Magic Kingdom by day:

original.jpg

And Epcot by night:

original.jpg

Great pictures -- love those train rides around the park.

Lots of precipitation here too - but as LOTS of rain

Running waterfall in the middle of summer

DSC33797.JPG

Smudged 'make-up' on the lilies

DSC33807.JPG

And hazardous beach conditions (although not directly connected to the rain)

DSC33841.JPG

DSC33838.JPG

• 1 month later...