Dancing with the Stars Fall 2016 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Eliminating those I have never heard of I would have to think Ryan Lochte and Marilou Henner are the front runners going into this. Although in her 60s, Marilou has a dance background and Olympic athletes have done well in the past.

Pretty extensive at that although it doesn't seem that she did any thing with her dance experience as an adult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilu_Henner

"Her mother was president of the National Association of Dance and Affiliated Arts and ran the Henner Dance School for 20 years. Henner took her first dance class at age two then went on to teaching dance at her family's studio when she was 14 and choreographed shows at local high schools and colleges until leaving the Chicago area during her third year of college."

As far as the Olympians, my money is on Laurie Hernandez.

Pretty extensive at that although it doesn't seem that she did any thing with her dance experience as an adult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilu_Henner

"Her mother was president of the National Association of Dance and Affiliated Arts and ran the Henner Dance School for 20 years. Henner took her first dance class at age two then went on to teaching dance at her family's studio when she was 14 and choreographed shows at local high schools and colleges until leaving the Chicago area during her third year of college."

As far as the Olympians, my money is on Laurie Hernandez.

Marilu has done some Broadway shows. Not sure if they were all musicals...but most were.

The Tale Of The Allergist's Wife [broadway]

Broadway Transfer, 2000

Lee [Replacement]

Annie Get Your Gun [uS Tour]

1st Revival National Tour, 0

Annie Oakley

Chicago [uS Tour]

2nd National Tour, 1997

Roxie Hart [Replacement]

Chicago [broadway]

Broadway Revival, 1996

Roxie Hart [Replacement]

Social Security [broadway]

Barbara Kahn [Replacement]

Pal Joey [broadway]

Broadway Revival, 1976

Ensemble

Gladys (Understudy) [Replacement]

Over Here! [broadway]

Original Broadway Production, 1974

Performer -Donna

Grease [broadway]

Original Broadway Production, 1972

Marty [Replacement]

Mark Ballas is moving to New York to be in Jersey Boys on Broadway. That's why he's not on this season. Good for him. He can sing and dance so why not. http://www.etonline.com/tv/197046_exclusive_why_mark_ballas_said_no_to_returning_to_dancing_with_the_stars/

As far as Ryan Lochte being a natural dancer just because he's an athlete - he claims he can't dance so it'll be interesting to see if he has any natural rhythm. Kinda hope not.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the show and especially the fashions. I really liked Erin's and (from what I could see) Carrie Anne and Julianne's. Loved Julieanne's hair. The teal dress that the pro (Sharna, maybe?) who danced with the race car driver was beautiful.

I don't like having four judges but only letting three speak. Silly plan IMHO.

The gymnast girl was very good and Rick Perry was not.

Only watched the first hour so far (early to bed, early to rise). Loved Erin's dress, loved the tops of C's and J's dresses. Loved Sharna's teal dress. Disliked having 4 judges, just takes too long at this stage when there are so many dances to get through. Seemed really rushed.

I read the news this morning about what happened to Ryan Lochte. It's too bad but we shouldn't be too surprised. It's just what happens now-a-days. Everybody protests everything.

Looking forward to watching the final hour tonight on my DVR. Four hours next week? Do they really need 2 hours to announce who got eliminated? Hoping I heard that wrong.

I saw the footage of the Ryan Lochte thing (that wasn't shown during the show) today on TV. What he did was totally dumb and immature but with all that is happening in the world, all these protesters have to worry about is a swimmer??? Really?:confused:

Isn't it really stupid to have four judges and only let three speak? Just have the original three if there's only time for three in the comment section. I can do without Julianne.

Laurie is sensational and she looked fantastic in her white outfit.

I'd put my money on Laurie Hernandez to win. Being a gymnast seems to be such a huge advantage. She's pretty amazing. But so young at 16!

I'm starting to feel sorry for Ryan Lochte. Sounds like he's really trying to turn his life around. They need better security at the show I guess.

I enjoyed the show and dresses. There are quite a few people I've never heard of, but that's par for the course. Only one dancer was really bad, sorry Rick Perry!

Although what Ryan Lochte did was stupid and immature, some people are have no perspective. The media has much to answer for.

The bodice of Carrie Ann's dress was exquisite. Wish I could have seen the rest of it.

The straps on the back of Julianne's were pretty. Noticed that there was a strip of mesh across the front holding the dress in place so there would not be a wardrobe malfunction. I'm guessing that it didn't come from the designer that way but was added by abc demands.

Erin's dress was meh. Color was ok, the sparkles were nice, and it fit her beautifully but the asymmetrical neckline threw me off.

One of the dancers was wearing a beautiful shade of green and her partner had a jacket with the same color (maybe the football player?). Didn't like the dress but loved the color.

Marilu's jumpsuit was gorgeous. Loved the color and it fit her perfectly.

My favorites so far are Laurie Hernandez, Marilu Henner, and the race car driver.

Just finished watching last night's show. I didn't like any of the hairstyles this week. Julianne's looked messy and I didn't like Erin's center part. And Julianne's dress needed a lot more on the chest. I wish Erin's neckline had either been centered or more to one side. It was just asymmetrical enough to look like it was on crooked. :) But it was pretty and Carrie Ann's dress was really elegant.

The race car driver is such a pleasant surprise. I hope he goes far. Laurie is so far ahead of everyone else though. She has such a happy personality too. I think she will win it.

ABC must have needed a filler in tonight's programming. The first hour wasn't bad because it gave a nice review of the last two weeks. The second hour could have been eliminated.

Speaking of elimiation - I was not real surprised at the eliminated star although I was expecting someone else.

Could Erin's dress have been more blah? A very plain dress in a nothing color. Perhaps in a more flamboyant color???

Couldn't see much of Carrie Ann's or Julianne's dress to form an opinion.

The two hour format was ridiculous. Thank goodness for DVR. None of the dresses really registered with me, probably because I was doing my coloring book during the show and we skipped through most of the fluff.

I was fine with who went home, although he certainly wasn't the worst dancer!

Agree! They could have made that a 1-hour show. They even showed some of the exact same footage twice. The person eliminated was my second choice to go home so I was OK with the results. The other one will go next week. :)

The whole thing with Ryan bothers me. He's trying to make us feel sorry for him, like he's some kind of poor victim. What he did was wrong and he needs to suck it up and take ownership. I feel bad for Cheryl though. I think it was a mistake for Ryan to be on the show so soon. He should have waited a season to let things settle down.

Erin looked really pretty (hair and makeup) but her dress needed something. Maybe a big statement necklace instead of the earrings. Julianne's dress was a nice blue color but looked really uncomfortable, like her bodice was digging into her chest and waist line was bunchy.

Ok, I'm back from the sick bed, oy. I loved Erin's black dress Monday night but the slightly asymmetrical neckline really bothered my OCD, lol. Hated her blue/green nothing special dress Tuesday night. Just so boring.

J and C were both pretty both nights. Hard to judge the judges on their dresses if they never stand up!

I'm ok with who went home, he really wasn't very good at all and was second from the bottom.

Glad I watched on my DVR so I could fast-forward. Watching the first hour Tuesday night made me think I didn't even need to see Monday night's show. They recapped everything very well. But it wasn't really necessary. I do love the behind-the-scenes stuff though.

No Erin due to boyfriend's family loss. Liked the top of Carrie Ann's, Julianne's was ok. Terra's dress would be pretty for a formal night.

Liked only having an hour show but not looking forward to a two hour results show tomorrow. Think I will stick to my CBS shows and DVR DWTS.