Packing Jewelry

I'm not a novice cruiser or traveler for that matter.

BUT, I struggle with finding a solution for packing jewelry. Necklaces get tangled, mixed together, etc I've tried using straws, but no. :rolleyes:

How do you travel with your jewelry?

Mrs Gut uses a jewellery wrap.

Necklaces ger hooked in, laid out, warped, when unwrapped no tangles at all.

Has strips with studs for rings.

Not great for bangles so she wears those.

I usually use little ziptop bags or pull-string bags (like Brighton gives with a purchase) to house a necklace with its earrings and then a larger bag for the smaller bags.

Vera Bradley has some travel jewelry bags that I'll take on a shorter trip.

Or...don't bring so many items! 1 necklace and bracelet should be able to work for almost every outfit! I put bangle bracelets in a small zip-loc bag...I keep my bigger, nighttime necklace in a necklace box (like you get from the jeweler). That's all I bring. The rings I wear, I wear ALL the time!

I use the Press & Seal plastic for long necklaces with tiers, really works to keep them from tangling. I use different necklaces to create different looks instead of tons of clothes

I too like variety. I wear a lot of jewelry, but not many pendant style necklaces. I have heard that the ones where you hook in the necklace and then roll up the jewelry roll work well.

For me, I wear statement necklaces and the compartments are never sized big enough to hold them. I have to use a combination of items.

>SNIP<

For me, I wear statement necklaces and the compartments are never sized big enough to hold them. I have to use a combination of items.

For those pieces, and my chunky bangles, I use one of the large-ish, wide-ish margarine containers. Works perfectly for me, but may be too small depending on your necklaces.

Another option: Lay down one piece of Press-and-Store plastic wrap. Cover it with another. This creates a little "pocket" for each item.

Great idea! I have all my other jewelry packed but couldn't decide what I was going to do with necklaces and bracelets so they would not tangle. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I do usually take more jewelry than I need but since I retired I seldom go any place that I wear more than earrings and a bracelet. Cruising is my chance to bring out the finery!:D

I have something like this - works great - lots of zippered compartments - clear so you can see what is inside and folds up (velcro) and goes in my carryon!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/86/2a/ca862a7e06e617f1256f7ee8adcaff8a.jpg

I have something similar that has nice velcro loops for necklaces but unfortunately the pockets on one side are all open (other side has fewer pockets but are zippered).

I don't take much with me in the way of jewelry - I don't own any "statement" pieces and I don't have anything that would be afraid to where anywhere off-ship. But, for what I take: I keep the little "ziplock" baggies that my jewelry findings come in when I buy pieces for making stuff. I'll put each pair of earrings that I take into one of those and any necklace that I take goes into one of the larger ones. Then they all get put into a larger zippered bag.

If you go to a local craft store, they should have these baggies...

My travel jewelry bag opens like a book, with 4 or so pages. Each page has clear plastic compartments that zip: there are a variety of sizes and shapes.

I love being able to see everything and have all my jewelry in one place.

I use plastic pill organizing containers. If you get ones that are see through, you can see what is in each section. I have 5 5-section organizers that all go in a small bag. Necklaces that tend to tangle can have their clasp hung out of the edge to prevent tangling. Bangles and pearls go in soft bags provided by the jeweler and travel in the same bag that holds the organizers.

I have tried the other suggestions provided her and this has proven to be the easiest to use and travel with.

I have something similar that has nice velcro loops for necklaces but unfortunately the pockets on one side are all open (other side has fewer pockets but are zippered).

I bought something similar at Bed Bath Beyond (with coupon of course) that has zippered pockets on both sides. It's plain white. Slightly large but it folds to fit in the bottom of my under-seat carry on.

I also bought a small version at Michael's that only has one side and the pockets are all zipper.

No Velcro loops on either.

Melisa

Depending on size, jewelry for each day's outfit goes in either a sandwich-sized or quart-sized ziploc bag. Each bag can be attached to the outfit's hanger when hung in the closet.

Punch a hole and attach several post-type earring sets on a single business card to keep them organized. All jewelry travels in my evening clutch. My makeup travels in another evening clutch. Even my suitcase organizers do double duty when possible. --Debbie

I have a couple of different jewelry organizers.......one is a tri-fold....

has lots of pockets and zippered areas. The top and bottom areas

go left to right with zippers.....they hold watches and necklaces and the

other pockets I put little bags with different earrings/pendants, etc.

The other one is smaller but still holds quite a few pieces.

I disagree with the "one necklace and one bracelet go with everything".

If you have different pieces that go with different outfits, then

go for it:D

Another option: Lay down one piece of Press-and-Store plastic wrap. Cover it with another. This creates a little "pocket" for each item.

Sorry to be au contraire but I had horrible luck using this method. Not sure if it was because it was so hot and humid when we traveled or not...but the press and seal stuck together like glue around my jewelry. It took scissors and lots of picking at the wrap to get it free. I had heard about it on this forum and thought I would give it a try...never again!

I now use a hanging organizer like this...I have one for makeup too. Magnets or Command hooks work great to hang on the wall and free up drawer space.

231.jpg

Happy travels whatever method you decide to use!

Deb

I put my jewelry in various size baggies. I get tiny ones on eBay. Then I take all the baggies and put them into a gallon Baggie. I like this way of packing since I can see exactly what I want with a single glance.

I do the same thing with meds and toiletries. So easy to see and pull out what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry to be au contraire but I had horrible luck using this method. Not sure if it was because it was so hot and humid when we traveled or not...but the press and seal stuck together like glue around my jewelry. It took scissors and lots of picking at the wrap to get it free. I had heard about it on this forum and thought I would give it a try...never again!

I now use a hanging organizer like this...I have one for makeup too. Magnets or Command hooks work great to hang on the wall and free up drawer space.

231.jpg

Happy travels whatever method you decide to use!

Deb

I use the same type organizers for my jewelry and makeup. The necklaces get wrapped in a tissue or around a piece of paper and then put in one of the organizer pockets. The necklaces have never gotten tangled since I started doing this.

I have a couple of different jewelry organizers.......one is a tri-fold....

has lots of pockets and zippered areas. The top and bottom areas

go left to right with zippers.....they hold watches and necklaces and the

other pockets I put little bags with different earrings/pendants, etc.

The other one is smaller but still holds quite a few pieces.

I disagree with the "one necklace and one bracelet go with everything".

If you have different pieces that go with different outfits, then

go for it:D

I do the same thing, I have a trifold organizer and use little bags. Plus it's easier to put it in the safe.

I like to bring one gold chain or omega and bring different pendants to put on them. Earrings are small enough to bring and keep them in separate bags in my trifold.

Works good for me.

Nice not to have this packing problem since I wear gold watch, bracelet, necklace, studs and my normal wedding and engagement rings same as worn in the city every day. Leave the other good stuff at home.

Don't own any costume jewelery so none to pack.:)

Edited by orchestrapal

Nice not to have this packing problem since I wear gold watch, bracelet, necklace, studs and my normal wedding and engagement rings same as worn in the city every day. Leave the other good stuff at home.

Don't own any costume jewelery so none to pack.:)

Good morning:)......I don't consider it a problem and I do bring

various items:):D;)....I have different outfits that I wear here at home

too and wear different jewelry items with them. Not a problem to

me at all.:)