Taking a stroller in port

misseskb

• 3 weeks later...
We will have a 22 month old at cruise time. I would like to know if you took your stroller in port with you. If so, did you find it difficult to manage excursions with it? I cannot imagine taking the stroller with us to the beach. At the same time, I cannot imagine us carrying her when she is tired while in port. We are cruising FOS in early September.

In Falmouth we will have a private tour and visit Dunns River Falls, lunch, local tour, etc.

In Cayman we are deciding between the turtle farm or underwater tour, and the beach.

In Cozumel we are doing an island tour, chankanaab park, and beach.

Thanks.

In GC we did not need one as we just took a van to Royal Palms.

In Cozumel I did not bring it and really wished I had. We went to Chankanaab and there is a concrete path there that you can use the stroller on. Also the walk from the ship, through the port, to the taxi/van area was very long!!!!! esp. when we had to carry our 23 month old back to the ship when he fell asleep in the 10 minute drive back from Chankanaab.

I was mad I hadn't take it along, but I had no idea if we could have used it or not, didn't know there would be sidewalks and such at Chankanaab. HTH!

Edited by loveysbydesign

• 2 weeks later...

We bring a Maclaren on the ship (fits easily under the bed when folded) and think about our day's activities and if we want to take it off. On days when it is mostly a tour/beach time we might not bring it, but if there's a lot of walking we will bring it. As others have said, they are easy enough to fold up and put next to you on the beach (or park at the edge of the sand) or to load stuff in. That said, our stroller is in well-loved condition, so I'm not super nervous about someone stealing it.

We've got two littles now, and I do wind up wearing the baby a lot. Can someone point me to these cooling towels, so i can get one before our trip? We live in Texas, so I'm used to wearing a baby in the heat, but I'm very open to a way to make it more comfortable :)

We bring a Maclaren on the ship (fits easily under the bed when folded) and think about our day's activities and if we want to take it off. On days when it is mostly a tour/beach time we might not bring it, but if there's a lot of walking we will bring it. As others have said, they are easy enough to fold up and put next to you on the beach (or park at the edge of the sand) or to load stuff in. That said, our stroller is in well-loved condition, so I'm not super nervous about someone stealing it.

We've got two littles now, and I do wind up wearing the baby a lot. Can someone point me to these cooling towels, so i can get one before our trip? We live in Texas, so I'm used to wearing a baby in the heat, but I'm very open to a way to make it more comfortable :)

We have the Frogg Toggs cooling towels, got them in the camping/outdoor section at Walmart. They're in a plastic tube shaped thing that stands on its end on the shelf. They're great and if it's too big you can cut it to a smaller size to get 2 or 3 out of one ;)

Has anyone taken a Britax B-Agile stroller on? That's our day-to-day stroller and easy to fold down, but it is longer than a normal lightweight stoller.

Just curious. We're taking our 15 mo old on a cruise in Jan, so I am trying to plan accordingly.

We have an Ergo and a ringsling we plan on taking, but the stroller is invaluable sometimes!

• 3 weeks later...
:eek: I'm glad you mentioned this - that was the stroller I was planning to bring (the only one we currently own).

I read somewhere about putting one of those "cooling towels" between you & baby when you use a carrier - I may try that with the Moby.

FYI, our Uppa Baby stroller did not fit through the cabin doors for the Disney cruise either, just had to break it down and set it up in the hallway. We did bring it for all our days in port for the Mexican Riviera. We plan on bringing it again for our upcoming cruise to the Mexican Riviera on Crown Princess. We found that not only was it helpful for the little ones, it was also helpful to carry all our bags in the bottom basket.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone had experience with the Uppa Baby G Luxe on RCCL ships? I'm looking to buy one for our cruise in January but want to be sure it'll fit through the cabin door before I buy it..,

If you can't find someone who has tried -- see if you can get the measurement for the stroller width, then contact RCCL's accessibility department. They can tell you the width of doors on the ship since they need that info for people with walkers, wheelchairs, etc. I did this recently with NCL and they answered my email with measurements the same day.