Need Ideas for a Christmas Reveal of a Last Minute Cruise

cruisinbanddirectors

I booked a last minute cruise about 10 days ago on the Liberty. The cruise leaves on Saturday and we will be driving down to Port Canaveral on Friday. It will be my 6 year old son, my mom, and my 4 year old nephew traveling. My mom already knows, but the boys do not know.

I want to do some kind of fun surprise on Christmas when they're together, so I'd love some good ideas. I first considered wrapping their suitcases but that seemed like a bulky mess. Now I'm leaning towards doing some kind of scavenger hunt or something with clues, etc. For what it's worth, I have lots of Carnival stuff to use as clues like ships on a stick, medals, a blow up Carnival ship, lots of the chocolates they leave on the bed, and they both have stuffed Freddys.

Oh---this will be my son's 9th cruise, but my nephew has never cruised before. This will be so much fun with them together as they are as much like brothers as they are cousins.

Looking forward to some helpful ideas!! Merry Christmas everyone!

Oh you sound so much like me! What I think is fun is wrap your carnival "stuff" in a pyramid type form, individually, opening from top to bottom with each one having a Carnival item in it and the last one being swim trunks or something to use on cruise saying something like "Let's get ready to cruise" then put date of cruise. I'm 65 and I would love that!

I'm sure your guys are gonna love what ever you come up with. Have a great cruise!

I've read stories where parents packed the kids and told them they were going somewhere (not fun), and then pull up to the ship and tell the kids to get out we're boarding!

Whatever you do, sound likes it will be a great cruise for you and mom, and the little ones - especially his first cruise! Enjoy!

I've read stories where parents packed the kids and told them they were going somewhere (not fun), and then pull up to the ship and tell the kids to get out we're boarding!

Whatever you do, sound likes it will be a great cruise for you and mom, and the little ones - especially his first cruise! Enjoy!

I would sooooo do that to my currently non existent future kids.... But not sure that would work when you are states away. "We're going to have your teeth pulled, then your flu shot, THEN we are going to grandma myrtles to help her clean out her garage. JK! Look a cruise!!" Love it!!

We gave a New Years cruise as a Christmas present one year, and had a giant scavenger hunt. We also gave gifts that went along with the cruise...swimsuits, sunglasses, etc. Have fun with whatever you decide, and I'm sure the kids will have an amazing vacation together.

OP: Please come back after xmas and let us know how it went (surprising the kids)?

Want to live vicariously through you! :) Sounds so fun - I have two DS, and want to surprise them with our 2nd cruise (not yet planned, but hopefully this year). Thanks in advance if you can! Understand if you are too busy/tired though!