island time

scubatigger

I ran into the same issue. I am also arriving on the Carnival sunshine early November with the time change and had to verify with 3 travel agents, and 4 carnival reps that whatever time you are scheduled to arrive is the time on the island. If it is a 9am arrival, it is 9am there.

That's peculiar. I know you verified with many people, but here is my understanding: St Martin is in the Atlantic time zone (UTC-4), and if your ship is embarking from somewhere in the Eastern time zone (UTC-5), island time will be an hour later in November. Right now it is the same, because St Martin does not observe daylight savings, but starting November 1 it will be offset again. Now I'm confused lol. But I'm traveling there in October, so technically I don't need to worry about it :)

I know they don't have daylight savings time in st martin and we will have the clocks changing during the cruise so my situation is a little different from the op. We are not affected during the cruise with time change IF it occurs during the cruise. Only when it ends. So actually my situation is a little different from op, and I do apologize for any confusion.