Is this doable? Marigot market, Mullet Bay beach and Maho Beach??

We arrive in Saint Maarten on Tuesday 29th December. It looks like our ship leaves at 6pm.

We didn't go to Maho beach in 2006 and so we want to go this time. I also love the look of Mullet Bay to was thinking of combining the two together since they are next to each other. Is it a walkable distance from Mullet to Maho?

We also would love to go to the market in Marigot so was thinking of going there first then to the beaches.

Is this all doable? We really like the look of Bernard's tours but not so fussed on Orient beach and prefer mullets. I did look at the private tour option but seems it would be quite expensive to just do these 3 places.

Can anyone advise on taxi prices that are recent? Saw images that said $7 each to Marigot, but can't work out cost to Mullet from there

Many thanks

We are also going to St Maarten in September. I would like answers to your same questions. We want to go to Marigot & Maho Beach (to watch airplanes & the crazees ride the fence) & then back to Philipsburg. We're not really interested in the other places that Bernard's Tour stops as well. Will be following your post to see what kind of answers you get. :)

• 3 weeks later...
We are also going to St Maarten in September. I would like answers to your same questions. We want to go to Marigot & Maho Beach (to watch airplanes & the crazees ride the fence) & then back to Philipsburg. We're not really interested in the other places that Bernard's Tour stops as well. Will be following your post to see what kind of answers you get. :)

We always rent a Jeep at the pier and self tour. We have done Orient, Maho, Butterfly farm and Philipsburg so I guess I would say go for it. Maho is usually active with air traffic around 11:00am.

Yes, it is doable - probably best to go by taxi to Marigot first, then back to Mullet, then walk to Maho and taxi back to Phillipsburg. You should check out SXM airport arrivals site a week or so before you plan to be there to get a feel for when the larger planes come in on the day of the week you will be there - usually noon or later - possibly doing Maho first then Mullet, depending on flight times. Afternoon traffic from airport to Phillipsburg can be brutal -- you should leave at least 90 minutes before all-aboard time

In April we took a taxi to Marigot. There were six of us so it was more expensive but for two, I think it would be about $20. We went to Serafinas and then through the market as we were there in a Saturday.cabs are plentiful, ask where the stand is and you will get one right away. It is about another $20 to Maho Beach. Our plan was to walk to Mullet Beach but the kids had so much fun looking for sea glass and watching planes, and especially with the wave action there...we ended up just staying there. It is about another $20 back to the ship. Those are approx. it may be a couple dollars higher

Edited by KatPem

We did exactly that itinerary last year! We hired a private driver for the day through Joyce Prince tours. Went to grocery store on Dutch side and bought beer and styrofoam coolers. Then went to Marigot and Serafinas. After that went to Mullet Bay. Brought our coolers right out onto the beach and spent a great few hours there. Then ended the day at Maho watching the big planes land. It was a fantastic day!

Will be following this post !! First cruise with DH and two teenage boys who likely will want to see midnight New Years Eve. I had thought this day would be our quieter day and let the kids sleep in then late morning cab to Maho, which is on their "must do" list. But maybe i will be missing out on too much! This is the port I've done the LEAST research on. I will be following this post. :)

Will be following this post !! First cruise with DH and two teenage boys who likely will want to see midnight New Years Eve. I had thought this day would be our quieter day and let the kids sleep in then late morning cab to Maho, which is on their "must do" list. But maybe i will be missing out on too much! This is the port I've done the LEAST research on. I will be following this post. :)

I'm confused when you title your post as "We are on the same cruise Winniesbestm8!", as she is on a different ship on different days.

If you mean that you're also going to St. Maarten, then OK.

You're arriving on New Year's Day, and much of the island will be shut down. It's a holiday.

Sleeping in and then heading to Maho actually sounds like a good idea. Bars and restaurants WILL be open.

gary

• 1 month later...
I'm confused when you title your post as "We are on the same cruise Winniesbestm8!", as she is on a different ship on different days.

If you mean that you're also going to St. Maarten, then OK.

You're arriving on New Year's Day, and much of the island will be shut down. It's a holiday.

Sleeping in and then heading to Maho actually sounds like a good idea. Bars and restaurants WILL be open.

gary

Our Itinerary has just changed and we are actually now in St Maarten on 1st Jan 2016 so that messes with me wanting to go to the market now as I doubt it will be open?

Might just have to do Mullet and Maho, damn it was Good Friday we were there last time and all the shops were closed!