Brugge May 14 off Brilliance

JackN

I have been trying to set up another 8-person van for Brugge with no luck. The three taxi companies I have contacted are sold, although I am told some will be available on port day. Even any other van or taxi opens up Rhonda and I would be interested and we know of another couple as well.

Right now we are looking at the train, but recent port guide I saw advising against this. Any one been to Brugge recently who can enlighten us?

Thanks,

Jack

I'm. going to be a Debby Downer on this one and say that of all the stops we had last yr on our transatlantic, Brugge was THE worst in terms of getting out of the port.

We had booked a van but in the utter confusion and chaos of being told where to go (by Celebrity) we somehow missed our van and ended up walking to the nearest village. From there we called a cab(along with two other couples who were in the same mess) and got to Brugges.

Later that night,people were very upset as they believed that Celebrity had deliberately misled them. All I know is that I had never seen such a mix-up in my life. BTW,I know you're not travelling Celebrity but just thought I would share our experience.

Brugge is absolutely charming. We were there on a Sunday so other than some touristy shops,not much open but it is worth a trip. I would not take the train.

Shelly

We were there about 10 yrs ago and I don't remember it being all that hard to get to Brugge. Think we just walked out and got a can, but I would not have spent 100 euro!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

depending on how long you are in port you might be able to get a taxi for a bit later in the morning

Most are booked early as people want to get off |& going to the town

Check if they could take you at 10am or whatever time suits you

Seems it is standard rate now of 50E one way

There were some taxis just waiting by the docks if you could share with another couple it might work out ...not as cheaply as 8 but you would still get into Bruges

Good luck

lyn

Where did you get the information for taxis companies from JackN?

We are going later in May. I was told the taxis can only come right to the ship if it has a booking? There are 4 of us.

Got the taxi info from other posters. Also a list on Tripadvisor under Brugge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going later in May. I was told the taxis can only come right to the ship if it has a booking? There are 4 of us.

There are a few docks in Zeebrugge the last time I was there we were at one of the outer Quays & the taxis were right outside the gate 100 ft from the ship

when I inquired for this yr the taxis all told me to take the free shuttle to the port gates then look for them

Different dock possible

This site has some helpful info

http://shorebee.com/en/belgium/zeebrugge/port

Lyn

I recently emailed the harbour master asking about taxis - they are not allowed onto the area where ships dock. Only cruise line organised trips can do that. It's a safety and security issue, they say.

Toms Port Guides have the detail you need and it is all current.