BAJA DECK on Coral Princess

bugspost

i have been on coral princess thru the panama canel 2 times

it was two of the best cruises i have been on

you are on a perfect deck if you want privacy - it is a covered deck so no one can see down on you - but you will be able to see down on others

for me I would not like that - but everyone is diferent

if you have questions about the ship and I can remember, lol - let me know

carol

i have been on coral princess thru the panama canel 2 times

it was two of the best cruises i have been on

you are on a perfect deck if you want privacy - it is a covered deck so no one can see down on you - but you will be able to see down on others

for me I would not like that - but everyone is diferent

if you have questions about the ship and I can remember, lol - let me know

carol

wonderful.....originally we were on the deck w/teen center.....so switched...figured it would be noisy....HA HA..........I have never cruised Princess only Royal Caribbean so 1st timer. Will the steward empty the fridge of all the pricey goodies so we can utilize it??? Were the beds comfortable? How is the closet space??? What kind of cabin were you in??

SEE.....u shouldn't have offered to answer my questions...I am bombarding you...HA HA ....tks :)

you are not bombarding me at all

i love to cruise - this fall will be our 11th cruise.

last year we were on royal carribbean and did not like it at all -did one other royal carribean when 9/11 happened - so needless to say it was not a happy time because of the tragedy that happened - it was our first cruise ever and first time ever that i flew, ugh

our favorite lines are princess and celebrity

have sailed on norwegian and would not go back

the rom stewarts are wonderful and if you ask them to do something they are more than happy to oblige.

you will love the closet space - it is the best around - there is a full open closet with a bar and a hugh shelf above and the floor is below - wonderful for shoes etc

there is a alos a cabinet with about 6 shelves and there is a safe in one of them for your valuables - there is a door so you can hide the mess, lol

the beds were comfortable - on the hard side - if you like a softer bed there is a mattress pad that you can ask the steward for - i hear you can fax princess ahead of time and request one becuase I guess some times they run out - i have never tried it before

if you have not ever had a balcony - you are in for a treat - were in a balcony room in the midle of the ship

what else would you like to know

carol

wonderful.....originally we were on the deck w/teen center.....so switched...figured it would be noisy....HA HA..........I have never cruised Princess only Royal Caribbean so 1st timer. Will the steward empty the fridge of all the pricey goodies so we can utilize it??? Were the beds comfortable? How is the closet space??? What kind of cabin were you in??

SEE.....u shouldn't have offered to answer my questions...I am bombarding you...HA HA ....tks :)

We went 24 days on the Coral last year, FLL to YVR followed by a 5 day coastal Alaska "Sampler". Had B222, a mini-suite just forward of the forward elevators. Plenty of room in the mini-suite with a tub and a good sized closet. Balcony was certainly covered but of pretty much 'standard' size - not tiny but not spacious either.

Our steward "Jun" had no trouble emptying the fridge for our own 'carry-ons'. He even brought wine glasses.

Bed was comfy - we like firmer mattresses. Have heard you can get a foam mattress topper if you want it softer. The beds come standard with just a bottom sheet and a duvet, if you want a top sheet, ask the steward.

Very much enjoyed the deck itself as it was two removed from the Lido (not too close nor too far).

Also thought the Coral was just the right size (Momma bear you know) ship. We really liked it.

I am leaving Monday on the Coral, SF to FLL. I've been on both the Coral and Island before as this is my 26th Princess cruise. Always have balcony on either Caribe or Baja. We are B437, balcony that juts out, center of the ship. The Baja balconies are smaller, hence the lower price (BC cat.) but for me, the size doesn't matter or whether it's covered or not doesn't matter. Love the closet space. Beds are hard but I get a foam topper. you can keep what ever you want in your fridge. since I am elite, I do get a free mini bar set up.

The Coral is a great size ship, most of the longer cruises have many repeat Princess passengers.

I am leaving Monday on the Coral, SF to FLL. I've been on both the Coral and Island before as this is my 26th Princess cruise. Always have balcony on either Caribe or Baja. We are B437, balcony that juts out, center of the ship. The Baja balconies are smaller, hence the lower price (BC cat.) but for me, the size doesn't matter or whether it's covered or not doesn't matter. Love the closet space. Beds are hard but I get a foam topper. you can keep what ever you want in your fridge. since I am elite, I do get a free mini bar set up.

The Coral is a great size ship, most of the longer cruises have many repeat Princess passengers.

yes...we are on same cruise...we are B551 & B601.......BC category also which I guess I don't understand the categories anyhow......HA HA

you are not bombarding me at all

i love to cruise - this fall will be our 11th cruise.

last year we were on royal carribbean and did not like it at all -did one other royal carribean when 9/11 happened - so needless to say it was not a happy time because of the tragedy that happened - it was our first cruise ever and first time ever that i flew, ugh

our favorite lines are princess and celebrity

have sailed on norwegian and would not go back

the rom stewarts are wonderful and if you ask them to do something they are more than happy to oblige.

you will love the closet space - it is the best around - there is a full open closet with a bar and a hugh shelf above and the floor is below - wonderful for shoes etc

there is a alos a cabinet with about 6 shelves and there is a safe in one of them for your valuables - there is a door so you can hide the mess, lol

the beds were comfortable - on the hard side - if you like a softer bed there is a mattress pad that you can ask the steward for - i hear you can fax princess ahead of time and request one becuase I guess some times they run out - i have never tried it before

if you have not ever had a balcony - you are in for a treat - were in a balcony room in the midle of the ship

what else would you like to know

carol

SO don't want to spend much time doing laundry while cruising & I Know they have washers/dryers...................are there irons in laundry room??

also, do they have laundry service or pressing service?

what is the cost of these??? As far as self serve,,,,,I heard $2 for wash & $2 for dry!!

Coral had something else I loved, along with Island, that unfortunately my Carribean Princess trip will not. They have a contiguous Promenade deck. I know not everyone is concerned with this, but I am a dedicated walker, and Coral saw me every morning, evening, and overnight circling that ship interminably. I surely do not like as well the multi-level Promenade.

FYI: The Coral trip I was on was about great service, period. I hope you will have and appreciate that as well. That trip made me a cruiser, as opposed to just a traveler.

We were on the Coral Princess Baja deck for our Alaska cruise in June 2009. One of my favorite things about it was the observation decks at the very front and back of the ship. Very few people on our cruise knew about the one at the front. It was great to be up there practically by myself going under the Lion's Gate Bridge in Vancouver, during the early morning approach to Ketchikan, and in Glacier Bay. Other than that we found our balcony room to be just fine, and the Coral Princess overall was a very attractive ship.

Archived