Bling Credit

tandtiff

For those who have booked with an on-line travel agent that offered “bling credit,” could you tell me how long before your cruise you actually received the jewelry? When we booked our cruise, the TA said that we would receive it “before we sail”. We sail in 2 ½ weeks. Should I be contacting them? I don’t want to be labeled as a “problem” as I plan to use this agency again.

New to me too......Never heard of a "bling" perk. I'd call the TA and see what's going on with it. If that labels you a problem maker, then you really shouldn't use them again. A good TA will always answer any questions you have without an issue.

I have used the same online TA. I noticed the 'bling" perk besides their OBC amounts in some of their sales promotion.

Never got the promotion that was offereing "bling"

I would certainly call the person whose name is listed in your contract. That will be a different person than the one you originally talked to when you booked.

Never had a problem with them. They always answer my questions promptly.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll send an e-mail to the TA Monday. For those who haven't heard of it, bling credit is a certain $$$ amount of credit that can be used toward jewelry ("bling") from an on-line retailer. It was offered by the TA as part of the cruise promotion. You are given the credit and you go to the web site and select the jewelry you would like. It's then to be sent to you prior to the cruise.

This is the first time I've ever heard of 'bling' credit and I've been hanging around here a long time.

Hope you get your 'bling', all works out fine and you have a great cruise. :)

I just reread your explanation........

If you are to have time to receive the 'bling credit', go to the site and choose what you want and have time to receive it before you sail, they better get going. They are running out of time.

Just an off the cuff question, if you don't mind. Have you actually gone to your cruise line's site and verified your booking is in order with them. Have you pre-registered on line, printed luggage tags, seen your cabin assignment? Hope you don't mind my asking.

This is the first time I've ever heard of 'bling' credit and I've been hanging around here a long time.

Hope you get your 'bling', all works out fine and you have a great cruise. :)

Neither have I.

Yes, everything is fine with the arrangements. We did our on-line check-in, have our express pass, luggage tags, documents, etc.

The bling credit was given at the time of booking (about 7 months ago.) At that time, I went to the web site and selected the items that I wanted and sent the list to the TA. They are then supposed to order it for you and have it shipped before the cruise date. I just don't know how close to the date they wait to send it. We leave in 2 1/2 weeks with a couple of days pre-cruise.

After reading an earlier response, I'm either going to call or e-mail the TA on Monday. The bling is certainly not a deal breaker, and in fact, the agency is no longer offering it for future bookings. I was just wondering if anyone had actually gotten it.

The agency offering the credit is one of major online players; they are legit. The bling offering is/was a marketing program using a jewelry direct sales company; their usual sales method is similar to a Tupperware party. The jewelry is costume; base metals and colored glass. Rather expensive for what you get and I am not at all surprised this is no longer being offered as a perk. If you don't get the jewelry you are not missing out on anything. $50 bling credit got you an actual worth of maybe $5 in costume jewelry, even though it would have cost you $50 to purchase it at a party. (Perhaps most customers of this TA told them that they would rather have the money onboard to use for better junk)

Yes, everything is fine with the arrangements. We did our on-line check-in, have our express pass, luggage tags, documents, etc.

The bling credit was given at the time of booking (about 7 months ago.) At that time, I went to the web site and selected the items that I wanted and sent the list to the TA. They are then supposed to order it for you and have it shipped before the cruise date. I just don't know how close to the date they wait to send it. We leave in 2 1/2 weeks with a couple of days pre-cruise.

After reading an earlier response, I'm either going to call or e-mail the TA on Monday. The bling is certainly not a deal breaker, and in fact, the agency is no longer offering it for future bookings. I was just wondering if anyone had actually gotten it.

I would CALL the agency on Monday. Some e-mails are not answered promptly.

Just for your sake I hope that you get what you ordered. If they don't send it by first class mail, you may be out of luck getting it in time.

Should they say that they aren't doing that any more -- remind them that you booked this cruise 7 months ago -- you orrdered the bling items 7 months ago (I hope you have copies of all of this) and that since they can't fulfill your order you would like more shipboard credit.

Let us knnow what happens.

This was a sweet deal. I got to select $200 worth of Lia Sophia jewelry. It arrived over 1-1/2 months ago and we leave for our cruise in 13 days.

When you selected your jewelry, did you get a confirmation that they received your order? Don't worry about being a problem... do contact them right away.

Once Princess cruises had a promotion - a piece of luggage for early booking. We got a really nice 24" Samsonite. Too bad it's heavy and we can't take it on a trip :cool: But it was nice to get something for nothing!

I contacted the TA Monday and they said that they were in the process of sending the orders out. It came today by Express Mail.

Happy you received your Bling. :)

Do you like it?

Thanks for coming back to update us and

Have a GREAT cruise.

Thank you. We're really looking forward to it.

I am very pleased with the items I received. They look exactly as displayed in the on-line catalog and all arrived in good shape.

Archived