What is the smallest cabin you have ever been in?

Megan_Strick

On Carnival, probably the aft wrap which I think is 245sq ft. But I've only been on two Carnival cruises. ;) First one we got a free upgrade from 8A to Cat 11 midship!

Next month will be our first balcony (non suite) cabin on Carnival. :)

I went on the SOV B2B, sister to Majesty which there have been several posts about lately, you see prices of $169 cheaper than going on Carnival and folks come back as if that is a typical RCL ship. Majesty is now the oldest RCL ship.

This is a 121 s.f. OV, the insides are 119 s.f. even worse (I didnt take a picture I hated it so much). This is a quad if you look closely .... 121 s.f. for 4 people. The table in between the beds pulls up when you want to use it.

Picture053.jpg

On my first cruise, NCL Skyward circa 1985, I knew absolutely nothing about ships. I was so excited to see the ship, which looked HUGE:eek: and was less than 20,000 tons. We got our room key, opened the door and it couldnt have been more than 75 sq. ft.! But it was wonderful! Such an adventure!Talk about small...tiny little cots that couldnt be put together, no furniture, one tiny porthole!

Many years and ships later, I can truly say that CCL has the roomiest (basic, yes)standard cabins in the business, and for that I am truly thankful!:D

We had a standard inside on the Norwegian Majesty a couple of years ago. It was 108 square feet. Small? Yup. Barely room to turn around? Check. Tripped on the foot of the bed almost every time I went in the room? You betcha. But we still had a fabulous cruise.

On my first cruise on the Carla Costa I had an inside single cabin. The one single bed was surrounded by wall on three sides. There was a tiny closet, a vanity with a couple of drawers, and a chair. You had the move the chair around to get into the closet and the bathroom, which was just as compact.

I am in an Inside Cabin for a Majesty of the Seas cruise in December. Yea, the 119 sq ft is looking pretty dang small, but I don't think it will bother me. This is a four day solo cruise with a port everyday. It also cost me $221 with a resident rate. That is pretty good for a solo cruise fare.

CABIN U299 on the Fascination (last week)!!! Without a doubt, it was the smallest cabin we've ever been in! In fact, I received info from my PVP, just a couple of days prior to sailing, that this is the smallest cabin onboard the ship. She wasn't kidding!

This cabin is right behind the elevators, and right next to the elevator motor room! It appears that at the last moment of construction, the ship builders decided to make this empty space a cabin.

I would NEVER recommend this cabin to anyone...EVER!

:cool:Bill

I went on the SOV B2B, sister to Majesty which there have been several posts about lately, you see prices of $169 cheaper than going on Carnival and folks come back as if that is a typical RCL ship. Majesty is now the oldest RCL ship.

This is a 121 s.f. OV, the insides are 119 s.f. even worse (I didnt take a picture I hated it so much). This is a quad if you look closely .... 121 s.f. for 4 people. The table in between the beds pulls up when you want to use it.

Picture053.jpg

Our first cruise was on the Majesty, RCCL... We had an inside cabin, next to a stewards closet. You had to leave the room to change your mind.

We had a standard inside on the Norwegian Majesty a couple of years ago. It was 108 square feet. Small? Yup. Barely room to turn around? Check. Tripped on the foot of the bed almost every time I went in the room? You betcha. But we still had a fabulous cruise.

Yeah, I did one of those as well as an OV on the Norwegian Sea, which was also 108 square feet.

You get a certain appreciation for the cabin size on Carnival after experiencing something like this.

ours was one of those 121 s.f. OV cabins on the monarch:)

not roomy , but with a window , it was do-able;)

dave

I had a 121 S.F. inside on the Monarch a few years ago. small but for the price I paid then It was ok. Yes it was small but the amount of time I spent in the cabin was limited.

CABIN U299 on the Fascination (last week)!!! Without a doubt, it was the smallest cabin we've ever been in! In fact, I received info from my PVP, just a couple of days prior to sailing, that this is the smallest cabin onboard the ship. She wasn't kidding!

This cabin is right behind the elevators, and right next to the elevator motor room! It appears that at the last moment of construction, the ship builders decided to make this empty space a cabin.

I would NEVER recommend this cabin to anyone...EVER!

:cool:Bill

Yea, the number of the cabin, compared to the numbers of the cabins around it, tells you this was not part of the original plan, lol! I seem to remember reading here some time ago that these cabins (299 on Fantasy class, any deck) were added later on, maybe at a refurb/drydock. To make matters worse, some (maybe all, I don't recall) are quads, which was your case, Bill.

Also be aware that there is 185 sq ft and then there is the Miracle version of 185 Sq ft.

Our family of four have cruised very comforably in 185 sq ft interior and OV cabins on many Fantasy class ships.

However, we made the mistake of booking an interior on the Miracle (also supposedly 185 sq ft) and it was a closet. Thank goodness there were only 3 of us on that trip.

Never again....

ours was one of those 121 s.f. OV cabins on the monarch:)

not roomy , but with a window , it was do-able;)

dave

Me too! I was so shocked at the size for an OV. One of the reasons I have not been back on RCCL. The cabin sizes are terrible..

Me too! I was so shocked at the size for an OV. One of the reasons I have not been back on RCCL. The cabin sizes are terrible..

See this is what happens when you only experience one ship in a whole fleet.......our Mariner balcony cabin was basically the same size as the regular balcony cabin on Carnivals conquest class ships.....only difference was the Mariners balcony was much larger..........so total size Mariners balcony cabin was bigger.......

See this is what happens when you only experience one ship in a whole fleet.......our Mariner balcony cabin was basically the same size as the regular balcony cabin on Carnivals conquest class ships.....only difference was the Mariners balcony was much larger..........so total size Mariners balcony cabin was bigger.......

I agree totally with this. I wouldn't write off a whole cruise line due to one trip. I am going into my Majesty cruise knowing full well what I am getting into. The smallest RCL ship out there, with the smallest cabin they offer. Now in February I am on the Oasis and I know the cabins are much bigger. I have an Ocean Balcony cabin, and for what the diagrams, etc are worth, these seem to be pretty much the same as CCL Conquest ships.

Its just the Majesty and the Monarch, the rest of the ships, the cabins are more similar to other major cruiselines ... avoid those two ships if you dont like small cabins.

First Cruise: 1984 - RCCL Sun Viking. Maybe it held 1,200 people.

Paid: $3,500.00 for the two of us going to the Western Caribbean for 10 days. Flew into Miami the night before.

We were given a cabin on the bottom deck, it had two portholes and was located right next to the crews quarters. It had two beds and if one person was walking around, the other one had to sit on the bed or go into the bathroom. Who Knew!!!! I was a greenhorn! We heard the crews comings and goings all night.....I thought this was the way cruising was!!!!!!

We had a fabulous time. But, if I knew then what I know now, they would have never gotten away with giving us that cabin!!!!!

Archived