Questions about The Boatyard

Ugaaucruisers

Hi. We will be traveling to Bridgetown on a Celebrity cruise and would like to go to the Boatyard or Lobster Alive.

Do you take a cab to The Boatyard or is there a shuttle from the port? I think I saw posts that made it sound like you purchased something at the port that gave you transportation, chair, umbrella and drink?

Has anyone been to Lobster Alive? I've heard that it is a little less crowded that The Boatyard, but I don't know what is there?

Thanks for the help.

Laura

• 4 weeks later...

When I went to the Boatyard on my last cruise, it was easy to get a taxi from the cruise port to the beach. They had big 12-15 person vans and they waited until it was full before heading out to the beach. I think it cost $5 pp when I did it in 2012. Once I got to the Boatyard, it cost $12 for an umbrella, beach chair, a drink, use of all the facilities, and a ride back to the cruise ship (I believe they raised their prices to $15 for the same stuff now). Not sure about Lobster Alive as I didn't go there. I hope that helps! Check out my review from my Carnival Victory cruise from the link in my signature below if you want to see some photos and details from my time at the Boatyard :)

• 3 weeks later...

You can walk to Boatyard or Lobster Alive if you are used to doing any walking at all. It is a beautiful walk and you go over a bridge past a lot of boats in the harbor. We have done this many times. You can also pass through the regular shopping district on your way back and shop a little if you wish. We always go in at Lobster Alive which is free entry and walk to the left. Lovely beach and gets quieter the farther you walk away from Boatyard.