Viking Nuremberg to Budapest in October

lizzytish55

My husband and I are considering an 8 day Viking cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest that leaves on October 29th. Has anyone ever cruised during that time of year? Is it really cold and rainy? I'd hate to go and not be able to do much because of the weather.

Thank you!!

Really cold? Depends on where you call home . . . it isn't likely to be warm. We enjoy that time of year as there are few tourists. Layers and a waterproof outer layer are what we pack, once or twice we bought an umbrella, not exactly a souvenir, but there do sell them. ;)

My take when we travel is that we do a lot despite the weather.

We're sailing Amsterdam to Budapest Nov 3 - 17, expecting lows around freezing, highs in the 40s (F) and some rain.

I plan to have a long-sleeve silk turtleneck (bringing 3) with an overshirt (good zip pockets) covered by a fleece jacket - also has zip pockets (if cold) or lighter hoodie t-shirt-weight layer (if only cool) and a hooded rain/wind breaker over all. I considered not doing the fleece jacket and only doing a fleece vest but I think I'll appreciate the jacket on cold mornings. I'll have light gloves and a headback to cover my ears.

I'll wear light nylon convertible pants (we'll also visit some warm places in the Med and Casablanca so I can zip off the legs if I need to but I doubt I will) lined with polypropylene mid-weight long johns when it's cold out.

For shoes I'll wear my Sorel low booties which are waterproof and thinsulate lined with medium knobby grippy soles. My alternate shoes are Dr Scholl's oxfords.

I figure we'll be walking a lot and that exercise will keep me warm. A small travel umbrella will be in my sling back or DH's shoulder bag for just-in-case.

I really don't want to be cold and wet... and I really want to see what's to be seen.

NO bad weather, only bad clothes! Good you asked ahead of time to be prepared. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. m--