Quick Review Uniworld S.S.Antoinette Castles on the Rhine

jc foster

Just got back. Ship was almost like new and very clean. Staff was excellent, friendly, no request was denied. Food was very good to excellent. Shore excursions were excellent. Read Atilla the Funs River Beatrice post as it is spot on . Our favorite tours were the optional Black Forest tour, the vinegar tasting tour in Germersheim, the wine villages in Breisach, and the Vollrads Manor tour. We are now very reluctant to go back to ocean cruises and today we cancelled a Celebrity cruise in June. We are beginning river cruisers but I think Uniworld would be hard to beat . One more thing rising water stopped us at our next to last port in Breisach. Uniworld took everyone to the airport or train stations in luxury coaches and handled this in such a manner that nothing was missed. We would sail Uniworld again in a heartbeat.

Thank you for posting your thoughts! I'm so excited because our next cruise is on the SS Antoinette and we leave in about a week for the Christmas Markets cruise! Glad to hear you had a wonderful experience.

Thanks also for the shout-out on my review of the River Beatrice sailing from earlier this year, although it is still unfinished :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851829